PDA

View Full Version : TSA and Train Travel Spot Checks

LeaP
01-29-2012, 09:00 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/28/travel/tsa-vipr-passenger-train-searches/index.html

I was thinking about traveling to FL en-femme on the auto train (VA - Orlando). This is a little off-putting. Maybe I'll just drive.

Lea

Eryn
01-29-2012, 10:47 PM
This is simply the transportation security bureaucracy's growth plan in progress. Have you ever known of a bureaucracy that wanted to get smaller or less powerful? Once created, they're like a cancer.

Miranda-E
01-29-2012, 11:14 PM
There is no way around the TSA at this point. Just take the train if you like trains.

NathalieX66
01-29-2012, 11:22 PM
Just go.
I rented a car last summer while showing up en femme at the car rental desk at BWI (Baltimore Washington International) Airport, and the counter attendant didn'te even flich even though My DL looked nothing like the way I dressed.

I'm going to have my drivers licence updated now, mainly because my hair is almost shoulder legnth, and I plan on flying and doing Amtrak en femme more often.

AllieSF
01-30-2012, 12:41 AM
Take the train and enjoy it. If you get checked it will be a very pleasant experience and once through it, you will have a ton more self confidence.