PDA

View Full Version : ~That time of year again

Ruikki
01-30-2012, 05:42 AM
Once a year, my school's pride alliance throws a drag ball for the entire campus. We are all suggested to dress up our best and strut our stuff for an evening of dancing, drinking and a general awesome time.

I really started getting in to dressing about a year and a half ago and so, the last time this event came around I was very keen on looking my best! Unfortunately, I wasn't ready to go all out. I just started seeing my girlfriend back then and I wasn't quite ready to explain to her my eagerness to remove all my hair, wear a tiny little dress and those 6 inch heels I was dreaming about. Don't get me wrong, I did do my best with what I had at the time! Which included a little gender bending*.

This summer I came out to my girlfriend and it was the greatest thing ever. She is completely supportive and loves every bit of me. So this year, I am going ALL OUT. I'm literally so excited, all I can think about is how I want to do my make up, what shoes are going to go best, what color my nails should be... what thong is going to go best! I can't even sleep I'm so excited (literally, its almost 5am).

I'm hoping to post my doings over the next week here as I try and nail down my make up and struggle with pain as I await my new wig in the mail.

~Best, Ruikki a.k.a Jaymee

Maria in heels
01-30-2012, 05:56 AM
Have fun and don't forget to show all of us what you are going to wear

erickka
01-30-2012, 06:14 AM
By all means, have fun and enjoy!! Please don't forget some pics!

Misskelly
01-30-2012, 06:28 AM
Oh wow I bet that is a ton of fun I wish we had things like that here

DonnaT
01-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Yes, have loads of fun, but don't wear a dress so short that you'll be distracted by it all night. Nor do you want the school heads to deem it inappropriate, and not let you in.

Sarasometimes
01-30-2012, 08:22 AM
In all your excitement don't forget your GF who is so supportive. Is she also at that school? If she is, will she dress as well? If so find out what she would like to do for herself and what her vision for you is? As for your look, remember the details: nail polish/fake nails and a pedi, accessories, accessories. If I had a supportive SO I would let her do her thing on me. A GG should know all that is needed. have fun and if you are comfortable post some pics. Do remember and others here may disagree but cyber space is forever and future employers may inquire there as well.

Ruikki
01-30-2012, 02:03 PM
Don't worry girls, Il be posting photos! Possibly of my make-up beforehand if I need some guidance. Donna, my school doesn't have any sort of board for 'inappropriate' nor is there anyone form the 'school' monitoring. Hehe this isn't highschool or anything. Sara, don't worry I haven't forgotten about my GF and how supportive she is. She helped me pick out the dress I'm wearing and even suggested a pair of her shoes, we are basically the same size in everything so we always share clothes (I own a lot of awesome menswear too!).

Funny enough I think I'm a bit more fem minded than she is. She's just so naturally attractive that she doesnt really think about things like how to do make-up or the best accessories. But she is helping out a lot!

As far as my look, here are some links!
So the dress we picked is: http://www.forever21.com/Product/Product.aspx?BR=f21&Category=dress_little_black_dress&ProductID=2005756573&VariantID=
The shoes are these 6inch sparkly black shoes from akira
The wig im HOPING to get is: http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/1/2/9/1/3/1/1/webimg/504501760_o.jpg
but I ordered it from china soooo who knows if ti will get here on time.
Im probably going to order another one in a couple days here if I dont see any activity in the shipping info!
I've bought these earrings (clip-ons wooooo): http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004OEDCXK/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details
And I have a set of metal bracelets that are a mixture of black and silver/rhinestones that should match really nicely. The only thing I think Im missing is maybe a necklace and some rings.

Daphne Renee
01-30-2012, 04:46 PM
Hope you have great time. wish there was such a thing as drag days when I was going to shcool. I do like the dress and the earrings you picked out.

Richelle423
01-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Bless you! You go girl!!!!!

Barbara Ella
01-30-2012, 05:00 PM
Have a great time jaymee. Looking forward to the pictures. Love what you have chosen. You are lucky to have such a supportive girlfriend.

Babes

Ruikki
02-02-2012, 07:06 PM
Just got my new wig out of the box, I love it already and I haven't even styled it!:
http://i53.tinypic.com/wi7ath.jpg

JessHaust
02-02-2012, 07:09 PM
Wow am I jealous, If I had had this kind opportunity when I was in school, who knows where I would be now. I'm so happy for you. The wig looks great, and I should know, I'm a wig snob!
Go out, have fun, but be sure to share it with us, we all want to live this through you!

Melissa Cross
02-02-2012, 08:23 PM
What a great opportunity! I'm jealous, have fun!can't wait to see the pics. I wish my school had that type of ball when I went there.

JamieRog
02-02-2012, 09:08 PM
Jealous, Jealous, Jealous!!!!!!!1

<---This girl could use a drag ball for a healthy self-esteem boost... IMHO it's hard to feel down when in sexy evening wear.

You are gonna be gorgeous hun! Dance your heart out!

Ruikki
02-02-2012, 09:58 PM
Ah Jamie I totally agree. On my worst days I do my nails, throw on my pumps and just enjoy being a hot piece of ass :p

Vanessa Storrs
02-02-2012, 10:08 PM
I am so envious. We had nothing like this when I went to school, our activities were limited to walking five miles through the snow and doing our homework by the fire using a piece of charcoal on the back of a shovel. Have a wonderful time Jaymee!

RenneB
02-02-2012, 10:24 PM
Can I come....can I ...can I ...? Where was this school when I was in school?

Renne.....

Ruikki
02-03-2012, 01:10 PM
It's today, It's today, It's today. I cant even hold in the excitement

jaglover
02-03-2012, 01:44 PM
Blimey. The world really has changed since I was at school in the 70's. I ache with envy!

When I was growing up and my elder sister was in her late teens she used to get invited to "vicars and tarts" parties and I always figured at the time that if they still existed when I left school I'd go as the tart - and pretend I was just being terribly witty. Round our way at least, vicars and tarts parties had gone out of fashion by the time I got out of school and my girlfriend at the time would have completely freaked out at the idea. She was very conservative.

Jag

JamieRog
02-03-2012, 07:08 PM
Pics! Pics! PICS! :)

Kelli Ca
02-03-2012, 07:15 PM
sounds like a blast,cant wait to see and hear about it your wig looks great

Ruikki
02-04-2012, 04:24 PM
SUCH A WONDERFUL NIGHT. Actually a wonderful day. After I got off work I spent 2 hours shaving and doing my make-up. It took me sooo long to get it 'right' (i thought it looks bad but everyone else said it was fine). I picked up one of my best friends from the train station and she barely recognized me.

The drag show was so much fun. The performers were great, they were pulling people on stage and just having a blast. There was an audience walk off and I just couldn't resist strutting in my glitter pumps! I ended up winning best dressed in the audience ^-^. The after party was CRAZY, as they usually are at my place. A few too many shots led to me orchestrating a topless rave as I gave lap dances to my friend Kate. Also got to have some long awaited sexy time with my SO all dressed. I think that story is probably more appropriate on some other forum though :p.

Anyways, it's early yet and I dont have a lot of the photos on me, but here is my new profile picture!!

http://i39.tinypic.com/evb438.jpg

Acastina
02-04-2012, 04:30 PM
Sigh. Born too soon, and in the wrong university town. Your classmates, administrators, and faculty are way ahead of mainstream culture. "Why not?" is always a perfect rejoinder to the big "Why?" in these cases. What a great ice-breaker and ignorance-debunker.

I'm not surprised that you won best-dressed. You look fabulous, Dahling.

paula123
02-04-2012, 04:54 PM
Hope you have a great time you look realy nice

karanne
02-04-2012, 07:36 PM
Blimey. The world really has changed since I was at school in the 70's. I ache with envy!

When I was growing up and my elder sister was in her late teens she used to get invited to "vicars and tarts" parties and I always figured at the time that if they still existed when I left school I'd go as the tart - and pretend I was just being terribly witty. Round our way at least, vicars and tarts parties had gone out of fashion by the time I got out of school and my girlfriend at the time would have completely freaked out at the idea. She was very conservative.

Jag Vicars and tarts must be a UK thing - a bit more details, please?

~Joanne~
02-04-2012, 07:51 PM
Ruikki, you looked absolutely wonderful :) Glad to hear you had such a great time! Wish they did this when I was in school but even then I probably wouldn't have been daring enough. Good job :)

JamieRog
02-04-2012, 10:32 PM
What can I say, you are drop ded gawjuss! ^_^ Im so jealous of that petite looking body, I spend so much time trying to find tops and dresses that make my shoulders and arms look more slender. IMHO you could pass whenever, wherever.
Oh, and I'm diggin the pumps somethin fierce.