PDA

View Full Version : So wanted to join in...

minalost
01-30-2012, 01:23 PM
So, Friday it was slow at the office and the two ladies that work for me were at the counter chatting about make up. I soooo wanted to join the conversation! I bet it would really surprise to them to learn how much I know about make up (compared to most men that is…)! Maybe not too; one of the gals has worked for me for over five years now, and I sometimes think she has her suspicions. Doesn’t matter really, there is no way I could ever be “out” at the office. Sigh…

DanaR
01-30-2012, 01:32 PM
I've been in similar situations, that you just can't be part of. It can be frustrating wanting to join in, but better not.

Renee W
01-30-2012, 01:34 PM
I had several times here at work where I hear the woman talking about something, and like you I so wanted to throw in my 2 cents worth. Doing so would be really awkward, since they would be like what do you know about it. Oh well, maybe someday I can talk fashion or makeup with someone other than my wife.

Barbara Ella
01-30-2012, 01:37 PM
Before I recognized my true self and realized I was a cross dresser, I know I did like to hang around the girls more, but I could not participate in these conversations. Now that I know who I am, and can provide input, I can not participate in there conversations.

Life can be so cruel. Oh well, at least it still goes on.

Babes

kimdl93
01-30-2012, 04:14 PM
Its kinda fun to speculate on what business associates know, or don't know. Several years ago, one of my best friends through work said she was giving me the nickname of Marta because she thought I was just like one of the girls. Then she invited me to lunch wit several other lady friends - I was en drab, but that day and since then I've been Marta in her circle. I'm still not "out" to her, and I'm not even sure what vibe I gave off that earned me the nickname.

Daphne Renee
01-30-2012, 04:25 PM
I will ocassionaly join in a conversation if I think I know enough to sound resonably intelligent. Its not quite as bad as you might think.

Karren H
01-30-2012, 04:30 PM
That is fun! Though I don't do it often. I just don't know why they don't reciprocate when I'm talking about geology or engineering?

sissystephanie
01-30-2012, 04:33 PM
Its kinda fun to speculate on what business associates know, or don't know. Several years ago, one of my best friends through work said she was giving me the nickname of Marta because she thought I was just like one of the girls. Then she invited me to lunch wit several other lady friends - I was en drab, but that day and since then I've been Marta in her circle. I'm still not "out" to her, and I'm not even sure what vibe I gave off that earned me the nickname.

Kim, you may not be "out" to her, but obviously you do speak her language!! Those of us who have been CD's for sometime usually pretty much understand what the GG's are talking about. We just have to be careful what we say!! Your friend may suspect a lot more than she lets on! For some years I did manage an office that was all females except me! I was the credit manager. But I joined in to most of their conversations, and they didn't care because they knew that I spoke their language! Even though they did not know that I was a crossdresser! Or if they did they never mentioned it!

Lynn Marie
01-30-2012, 04:35 PM
Oh yes, I've had to bite my tongue on numerous occasions when the conversation around me has turned to female clothing make up, shoes, and lingerie.

Diane Smith
01-30-2012, 07:53 PM
One of my former bosses used to refer to me as "Anne" in private meetings ... not sure where she got that.

- Diane

Melissa Cross
01-30-2012, 07:59 PM
I've had to resist jumping into conversations by GGs many times. It is so tempting. One time a few women I work with were discussing which local store had the best deals on skirts.....I was so tempted!

t-girlxsophie
01-31-2012, 12:14 AM
I'm really lucky that my GG workmates often involve me in such conversations,often asking my advice on clothes,makeup etc,and I'm happy that a lot of the time they agree with my opinion,which is a nice feeling :)

Sophie