PDA

View Full Version : Pedicures while in DRAB

Emma Chase
10-29-2005, 11:15 AM
Ladies

I am seeing more and of the the phares metrosexual. Guys buying products to help in skin care, anti aging and generally looking after their appearence. Male manicures and pedicures too!

My question is have any of you ladies had a pedicure whilst in DRAB but asked for a colour to be applied to the toes? If so what was the reaction of the person doing the pedicure (I know there is a name for them, but my brain is drawing a blank currently :( )

Did you have an 'excuse' for the colour to be added, maybe it was related to a custume for halloween, fine for this time of year but not in March!

So ladies if you have anything that you wish to tell please do, as I am thinking of getting a pro pedi done but am apprehensive about getting colour applied at the end.

Thanks all

Emma :)

vicky V
10-29-2005, 11:41 AM
Hi Emma,

I would not be bashful about getting a pedicure and nail color in Vancouver. I have done so myself on several of my visits to your beautiful city.

Go for it!

love,

vicky v

DanaJ
10-29-2005, 12:14 PM
I go for a pedicure every couple of weeks - I just told my nail tech I was a CD and please treat me like one of her female customers - problem solved :)

Robertacd
10-29-2005, 12:41 PM
My wife and I went to the local beauty school and got pedicures, facials and manicures. My wife got her toes done french style, they offord to put the base color, kind of a soft pink, on my toes and the clear coat over it, I said sure, same for the maincure.

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-29-2005, 12:51 PM
The more daring metrosexuals I know are asking for color, so just go ahead and ask. (The main reason I know is that they were wearing sandals during the summer season.) If it makes you more comfortable go for a more "unisex" color, like a coppery brown.

Rachel E
10-29-2005, 01:18 PM
I got my toe's and my feet done just last week. i and the gal doing it chatted all thru getting the job done. When finished she asl my if i wanted some polish, and i opted for a clear coat.
Enjoyed the event and yes i will go baCK AGAIN
Richie in Spokane Wa:angel:

JennMW
10-29-2005, 01:28 PM
I went into a salon last Thursday for a manicure and pedicure (not my first time, but the first time at this salon).

As we walked to the massage chair for the foot bath/pedicure, the tech jokingly asked if I wanted red color on my toes, I seriously replied, "No, actually I was thinking about a French pedicure and manicure".

When she was finished with the pedicure, she motioned me to come to the desk for the manicure. I had to ask, "What about the polish?". Her eyes got big and then said, "I'm sorry, I thought you were kidding!". And got her polish and brush and set to work on my toes. I loved watching her apply the white tips and then use the small brush to clean up the lines.

We finally went over to the desk. I had been growing my fingernails long for just this occasion and would't you know it, I broke my left index fingernail the day before. I asked her what could be done about that, and she said no problem, we'll put an acrylic on that one.

I've never had acrylics before, just jealously watched as GG's got them applied at the next table. The length of the talon that she put on before cutting it was incredible! (After wearing them for a day, it looks the same as the rest. The only thing I noticed was how much it hurt the one time I caught it. It was so much stronger than my natural nails, it felt like it was going to pull the whole nail off!)

She then finished the manicure and applied the french polish. The white tips are SO bright in the sunlight, I just love the look!

The only thing I haven't liked about getting my nails done, is that I haven't found a shop where English isn't a second language. I don't have anything against them speaking a language I don't understand., I just wish I could join in and have some good girl talk! If someone knows a shop around the greater Sacramento area that have techs that speak English, I would love a referral!

Emma Chase
10-29-2005, 08:05 PM
Thank you girls ...

I am thinking perhaps I'll try a fench manicure as I have never had one before and the winter weather id coming so no open toed shoes, just boots and opquae tights.

Thanks you again for you thoughts, much appreciated

Andrea's Lynne
10-29-2005, 10:10 PM
Have fun Emma. My wife and I went for a matching pedicure a few months ago. The nail tech was wonderful and my wife and I left with hot pink toes!

I'll be going back!!

Lynne

Amanda_Nicole
10-29-2005, 11:25 PM
I went for a pedicure this past week. I told the nail tech that I was nervous and she told me to relax. She said that she had many male customers. I told her that I wanted nail polish for my pedicure. She told me that most men just get a clearcoat for shine. When she was almost done she asked if I still wanted color and I said yes. I told her to pick the most popular color requested by most girls. She said "then neon pink it is, the brighter the better". She painted my nails and told me to move to another area to dry them. I was so scared hoping no other customers would come in. When my nails dried, I paid and left wearing a pair of disposable thong sandals carrying my shoes in my hand. It was a great experience and I hope to do it again.

JennMW
10-30-2005, 02:09 AM
Best Practices for the nail salon ( the things you don't think about :) )

a. Bring non leather flip flops to wear when you are done. ( the lotions used don't do good things to leather! ).
b. get your keys out of your pocket/purse before polish is applied
c. pay before you get polish applied.
d. don't wear socks or hose for at least two hours afterwords, that also goes for putting your hands in your pockets if at all possible.
e. if you are going to a place where converstation is difficult, bring along your portable music player and listen while the tech works.
f. don't be concerned about other patrons, your money is as good as theirs!
g. use a pumice stone and foot scrub on your feet while in the shower each day for several days before your pedicure so it doesn't tickle so much :)
h. Tip well for good service.
i. relax and enjoy it!

Emma Chase
10-30-2005, 04:24 AM
I guess the concern I have is not the actually pedi but the fact that more than likely I will be on 'full exposure' when the polish is drying, fine if just a clear but I kinda fancy the french manicure, and that will not be a subtle because of the white ..... just the thought nearly brings me out in a sweat.

Emma

Jamie001
10-30-2005, 08:02 PM
I have been getting manicures and pedicures in nail salons for the past 5 years. I always wear clear polish on my fingernails and my toenails are always bright red. I only crossdress from the legs down and otherwise wear normal male attire. I usually go into nail salons wearing red polish on my toenails and therfore the nail techs can see that I wear nail polish. They will usually comment that I am wearing a pretty color. I also always bring my own nail polish with me and give it to the nail tech. I have always been treated like a queen. It feels to good to get a pedicure and the absolute best part is sitting there on the sofa with other ladies that are also drying their nails. I always make conversation with them and compare toenail colors with them. I have tried many salons and went into the salon with no nail polish on my toes and told the nail tech at the start of the pedicure that I want red polish. There have never been any issues or questions. Threre are a lot more men that are starting to wear colored polish on their toes especially here in Sothern California. I practically live in womens low heel sandals like the SAS Duo and other styles that are very comfortable. Two years ago, I decided that I was not going to hide my red toenails anymore. The first day everyone told me that I have toes like a girl and asked my why I am wearing nail polish. I told them that I wear polish on my toes because I like it just like a lot of guys like to wear earrings. It makes me feel so relaxed and feminine to look down and see 10 pretty red toenails and it is even more satisfying to know that whenever I am not at work I can wear sandals anywhere and be very proud of my pretty red toenails. I get many compliments from women on the pedicures and red toenails especially when I am trying on womens sandals in a shoe store. When I am feeling really fem, I will get a pedicure with bright red polish and little white daisys painted on my big toes. I have also asked a lot of women about toenails polish colors such as blue or silver and almost all of them tell me that if I am going to have my toenails painted that they should be red.

Wearing toenail polish is really no different that when men started wearing diamond earrings 10 years ago. There were pioneering men that just did it!! It is the same with toenail polish. There have been aritcles in people magazine that Montel Williams and Val Kilmer wear nail polish on their toennails. It has also been written up in sports magazines that Shaquille O'neal wears nail polish on his toes:

See the following URL:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/nba/columnist.jsp?content=20040609_084826_6516

Here is an excerpt from that article:

"Granted, the big man has been known on occasion to get in touch with his feminine side (ahhh, The Laker Mystique meets The Feminine Mystique). He routinely paints his toenails before every big game -- a multitude of colours, depending on his mood."

David Beckham (Famous soccer player married to Posh Spice) also gets his nails done in colors at the nail salon.

Girls,

I suggest that you make an appointement at a nail salon and get your toes done in a pretty bright red. Then put on your sandals and go about your normal business in DRAB. I have done this and it is a wonderful liberating experience that makes me feel so relaxed because I gave my self permission to display my feminine red toenails in public. I also found that the fear was in my own mind rather than based in reality. We very much tend to create our own demons. Whenever I am feeling down, I that I have to do is look down at my red toenails and I immediately feel so much better.

My favorite nail colors are:

OPI I'm not Really a Waitress
OPI Mat-Adore Red
OPI Chick Flick Cherry

Hugs,

Jamie :)

Ladies

I am seeing more and of the the phares metrosexual. Guys buying products to help in skin care, anti aging and generally looking after their appearence. Male manicures and pedicures too!

My question is have any of you ladies had a pedicure whilst in DRAB but asked for a colour to be applied to the toes? If so what was the reaction of the person doing the pedicure (I know there is a name for them, but my brain is drawing a blank currently :( )

Did you have an 'excuse' for the colour to be added, maybe it was related to a custume for halloween, fine for this time of year but not in March!

So ladies if you have anything that you wish to tell please do, as I am thinking of getting a pro pedi done but am apprehensive about getting colour applied at the end.

Thanks all

DanaJ
10-30-2005, 08:10 PM
I just thought I would add, for all of you that have not got a pedicure in a salon yet, I have a step-by-step pedicure thread with lots of pix in the Beauty Club forum. Here is a pic of the finished result:
http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-10/460749/pedi24.jpg

Jamie001
10-30-2005, 09:15 PM
Hi Dana,

Your toes are so pretty and I love the color. What is the name of the color? It kind of looks like OPI I'm not Really a Waitress.

I hope that when you are in DRAB mode that you wear open toe sandals so that everyone can see your pretty toes. Your toes are just too pretty to ever be covered by closed toe shoes.

Jamie :-)

DanaJ
10-30-2005, 09:19 PM
Jamie, it is GoCrazyRed by China Glaze, you can see the step-by-step of it here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8950

Jamie001
10-30-2005, 09:41 PM
Hi Dana,

For some reason, I do not have privilege to view that page at that URL. :(

Jamie, it is GoCrazyRed by China Glaze, you can see the step-by-step of it here: http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8950

FrannieGrl
10-30-2005, 10:23 PM
Hey girls,
I have started going to salons and having my fingernails, toenails and eyebrows all done on the same visit. I have a split nail on my middle finger on my left hand and occasionally, one half of it tears up if I am not careful.
To resolve this problem, I have the manicurist put an acrylic on this finger only. The tip is done with white and the rest is done in pink. The result is a much lovelier set of nails. :angel:

I usually have my nails doen in some color, but found that if I had bronze polish applied directly to the nail, it stained the nail. :( Always have the tech put a clear coat on first and then have Your choice of color applied on top.

At my last pedicure, I wemt to a school where they train people for this job.
The head instructor and I have become very good friends and the other day she gave me a special bottle of "Pompeii Pink" which is almost a lavender.

While I was there, a woman and her daughter came in to have manicures done and the girl kept looking at me and the bottle of PP and then started to talk to her mother very quietly and the mother looked over at me and the polish. ;) I told them that I just loved the color and asked if they liked it. They quit talking about my pedicure and the choice of color, but I am sure that they had a lot to say after they left the salon\school. :)

I think that we should be very forward and explain that it is Our choice to use a color is that is what we want! :thumbsup:

Go for it, girls! get those pedicures! One thing that I forgot to mention is that whenever You have a manicure ande/or pedicure, they massage Your fingers, hands, forearms and feet, calves and I find this so relaxing.
Frannie

Wenda
10-31-2005, 01:32 AM
The last time I went for a pedicure, the tech assumed I didnt need the polish, and, since it was very late, I let it go. I do my own feet and my GFs. About three weeks ago, however, I started going to a spa for some serious therapy on my lower back. I have known the (female) owner for some time. She made a comment about pedicures, to which I replied I do my own, check them out. She was impressed. The guy in the cowboy boots is a new-age guy. Then I acknowledged that my legs and body were shaved, which she had noticed but hadnt mentioned. We are going to talk about a chest waxing this week. Not too sure about that. Tried the do it yourself a couple of times with painful results and ingrown hairs. wenda

DanaJ
10-31-2005, 06:22 AM
Hi Dana,

For some reason, I do not have privilege to view that page at that URL. :(Jamie, you need to join the Beauty Club to see that link - oops, I forgot to check to see if you were joined up yet....