PDA

View Full Version : wardrobe wars

Jenniferathome
01-30-2012, 11:15 PM
My wife was semi-joking, semi-complaining that my girl wardrobe was starting to eat into her closet space. "How many floral dresses do you need?" she asked rhetorically. Three, I said to myself. Then she says, "you're going to need to buy some things each season so you need to cull,your wardrobe now and again.". Wow! I HAVE TO shop for more clothes. Um...ok. And last night she says I should get an engagement ring to go with my gold band so it looks like a natural woman's set. I love my wife:)

candice44
01-30-2012, 11:16 PM
omg so lucky!!! Good for you Jennifer :)

karren G
01-31-2012, 05:34 AM
i have the same problem my wife just keeps on coming home with a clothes present every now & again .Now my half of our warddrobe is full of my girly things,
soon i will have to have my own wardrobe just to cope with all my stuff she has bought me

Rita C.
01-31-2012, 06:53 AM
My wife is rasing h--l, that I have more girl things than boy. I told her not to worry that the boy is thinking about moving out and that will give us more room.

Renee W
01-31-2012, 07:33 AM
Thankfully I have a closet just for my clothes. I have my everyday guy clothes in our walk-in closet, but we each have our own extra closets in the spare bedrooms. I am slowly culling my extra guy stuff out of my extra closet and putting it in space bags to make more breathing room for dresses and such.

kimdl93
01-31-2012, 07:55 AM
Your wife is wise. But I'd be very careful about crowding her closet space - that could mean trouble ;)

paulaprimo
01-31-2012, 07:56 AM
what a great wife, you are very lucky!! ring sets would be easy for me...i have a small box of wedding bands and engagement rings from my numerous divorces and break-ups, and there might even be a finger or two in there...

jillleanne
01-31-2012, 08:14 AM
Take some Tylenol 3's when trying to cull. The pain is unbearable. Good idea with the wedding band. I always wear my set whenever en femme. It not only keeps the pigs at bay, it also signifies to the s/o you are taken, by her. Sort of a comfort thing for her.

jenniferj
01-31-2012, 01:40 PM
Three little words"

Big Plastic Tubs!

I, too, need to cull occasionally but make it a several stage process. I take the less favorite things and fold them and put them in a large tub in the back of the closet. Later I take the tub up to the attic. Someday I will take them from the attic to goodwill. (haven't yet! :) )

This frees up the closet space as I need it, but allows me to retrieve that skirt when the perfect blouse (or shoes) appears on sale. (or when I finally lose that weight to make it look good)

Plus DSW (Dear Sweet Wife) will occasionally to borrow something that wasn't my favorite and would otherwise be gone.

-jj

Barbara Ella
01-31-2012, 02:06 PM
Love wives who think like yours does. My wife calls herself a power shopper, and i saw that last Sunday. She sees, she likes, she takes. This time i was along, and she inserted a you like it? in there somewhere, not sure where. So my closet space is growing, and she culled her closet Sunday night, and about doubled what I now have in my space.. I like this problem and am looking forward to more of it.

Babes