PDA

View Full Version : Abort...Abort...

Miss Mandy
01-31-2012, 01:54 AM
Hello girls,

Have you ever had one of those evenings where your transformation doesn't seem to come together?

By 8:00 PM tonight, I was shaved and showered and ready to become Miss Jessica. I stood in my master bathroom with my make-up bag laying on the vanity. Clothes were on the bed. I decided to experiment with covering my brows with a glue stick...:sad:...bad idea.

By 8:30, my wife came through and said that my face was a mess. After 1 1/2 hours of trying to fix myself, I hit the eject button and called it a night...

DanaR
01-31-2012, 02:04 AM
I've had those evenings, while I was trying to get ready to go out. After a while, you just call it a night.

Ava Tryptyk
01-31-2012, 06:11 AM
It generally happens if I've been thinking about dressing for much of the day but when the time comes I'm just too tired and want to do something less exhilarating. (Dressing still is quite exhilarating for me).

Karren H
01-31-2012, 06:55 AM
Oh yeah.. I have one of those evenings just about every time! Sigh... Nothing ever goes as planned and I never look as good as I think I should. Lucky for me my wife doesn't get to tell me how bad I look! Lol.

Renee W
01-31-2012, 07:30 AM
It generally happens if I've been thinking about dressing for much of the day but when the time comes I'm just too tired and want to do something less exhilarating. (Dressing still is quite exhilarating for me).

Same here, some days I'll think about it all day at work, planning an outfit, wig, shoes, etc. Get home, tired, may even lay out the clothes. By the time I'm done cooking and cleaning I'm ready to sit down for a few. Next thing you know the wife is waking me up saying it's time to go to bed!

kimdl93
01-31-2012, 07:34 AM
Every morning I have that moment of "ugh" when I first see myself in the mirror, but generally I can get myself past it.

Melissa Cross
01-31-2012, 08:48 AM
I've had the same experiences as the others. Sometimes it just doesn't work out. Too tired, something else comes up, don't feel like going out in bad weather, I don't like the way I look etc, etc. Most of the time it does work out and I have a great time getting ready and going out (or just spending time relaxing at home as my feminine self).

Linda Stockings
01-31-2012, 09:22 AM
I've sure had times like that. I take a digital photo of myself to see "how the whole package looks" before stepping out the door. Sometimes my makeup is so bad I scare myself - and the camera was 10 feet away! At times like that I just use the time to experiment and stay inside. I'll often re-do my makeup, using a lot less. Sometimes I learn a lot that way. I've never been able to get it to look the way it does in my avatar a second time. A GG had helped me then, and showed me how it could be done. I wish I could have had her give me A LOT of lessons. Instead of so many shoes, I should invest in makeup lessons...and some other hairstyles....and have a few dresses altered to fit me well.

jillleanne
01-31-2012, 09:42 AM
More times than I can count. Usually it was caused by trying to fit into clothes that just didn't feel right fro whatever reason, or wanting to wear something that didn't fit the occasion so after a half dozen changes, I just gave up.

Katyana
01-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Had quite a few of those nights. Now when I want to experiment with things, I do not plan on getting fully dressed. BTW Miss Jessica, www.mehron.com ( theater make-up company ) has a very inexpensive wax kit that will cover your eyebrows nicely and very reasonably priced!

Julogden
01-31-2012, 04:00 PM
I always make it a rule to never try a new technique when getting ready to go out. I always do my experimenting on a day when it doesn't matter if I totally screw it up. :)

Carol

zorianacd
01-31-2012, 09:15 PM
All the time. But makeup is all about experimenting. But it certainly takes effort and sometimes I just don't feel like doing it.

Melissa Cross
01-31-2012, 09:26 PM
I agree that when I'm going to experiment with new make up or another new look or appearance, I usually don't plan on going out that day so I don't feel rushed or pressured.

BLUE ORCHID
01-31-2012, 09:31 PM
Hi Jessica, Welcome to the club jessica, No one ever said that being a lady was going to be easy.

STACY B
01-31-2012, 09:37 PM
Yea the one I hate is getting everyone gone an then you can start alone an by the time you finaly get done with your makeup ,, hair ,, change your clothes ,, change your shoes ,, make sure all is right an just about ready to walk out the door an look at the clock an realize that the dam store will be closed before you can even get there !!!!

Persephone
01-31-2012, 10:01 PM
Bad makeup, bad hair, too tired, something else comes up, don't feel like going out in bad weather - there are a million reasons . . . But those same things happen to GG's too -- every woman sees her flaws when she looks in the mirror but if she gave in to those feelings she'd never leave home. So she pulls up her "big girl panties" and goes out anyway and has a good time.

Maybe it is time for us to learn to do the same thing! Yes, you definitely have a responsibility to yourself and others to look your best when you are out, and yes, it is a lot of work to make that happen. But if your clothes fit and your makeup passes and your hair is good enough to go then stop making excuses -- get out there and strut your stuff!

Hugs,
Persephone.

Eryn
01-31-2012, 10:02 PM
Sometimes I end up looking pretty good. Sometimes it isn't so good. It's the same for GGs, but they persevere and I follow their lead.

OTOH, I doubt that many GGs end up 15 miles down the road before realizing that their breasts are still at home... :eek: My wife and I still had a great outing!

t-girlxsophie
01-31-2012, 11:51 PM
Of course I've had days like that,It can get me a little grumpy at first,but it's not too bad if I'm staying home,there's not as much pressure to look flawless and I can still have a nice time,also my wife's never told me I look a mess either.

Sophie

Renee W
02-01-2012, 07:25 AM
OTOH, I doubt that many GGs end up 15 miles down the road before realizing that their breasts are still at home... :eek: My wife and I still had a great outing!

:heehee::heehee::heehee:

Sometimes it's dangerous to read these posts while drinking hot coffee. You made my morning with that one!

Kaz
02-01-2012, 07:30 AM
At times like these we can sympathise with our wives and daughters... 'The taxi is here'.. 'I aren't ready yet'.. etc...