PDA

View Full Version : Near-misses

jaglover
01-31-2012, 10:19 AM
By way of my first post I thought I'd share my worst (best?) near-miss. Years ago, I lived with my girlfriend in her flat and she was away abroad a lot so most evenings I would be dressed. It was a ground floor flat in a converted victorian building with a common outside door and the flats front doors off a common corridor - with a service entrance at the back.

One hot summer's evening I was watching TV when a mis-positioned spotlamp set a floor-length curtain smouldering. I tore it off the rail, kicked it into a pile and threw water on it. Then, it burst into flame. Going straight into bloke mode and acting on instinct I grabbed whole heap and ran with it at arms length out the flat, down the corridor and out the service door - throwing it in the corner by the bins. It burned happily.

Once I'd decided it wasn't going to set the bins alight I went back to the flat (still forgetting what I was wearing) to find the other curtain had caught. I was able to put this one out with the pan of water trick - and that was the end of that.

At the time I was just relieved I hadn't burned my girlfriend's flat to the ground. But when I think back on it after all all these years I realise that it could have been like a bad sit-com plot: the whole room could have gone up in flames while I was outside and I wouldn't have been able to get back in - and I would have ended up standing on the street, surrounded by firefighters and angry neighbours, in a frilly top, miniskirt, suspenders and heels... It would probably have ended up in the local papers.

Anyone have any similar near-misses to share?

Ava Tryptyk
01-31-2012, 10:28 AM
I don't have anything of my own to share, but that definitely is an exciting story. It's good that your girlfriend's place didn't burn down, of course. Safety is always more important than not embarrassing yourself.

Karren H
01-31-2012, 10:30 AM
Lol. That's too funny!! None of mine involve fire or anything flammable! Welcome to the fray, btw.

jaglover
01-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Welcome to the fray, btw.

Thank you! Glad to have found the place.

jaglover
01-31-2012, 10:35 AM
Safety is always more important than not embarrassing yourself.

Only just, though...

kimdl93
01-31-2012, 11:02 AM
Definately sounds like a sit come plot. You definately would have had some explaining to do when you got home. My nearest miss, was in college. I had my apartment to myself the evening before and slept in the next morning, and was awakened, still wearing pantyhose, by my room mate and two friends. I managed to keep the covers over myself and got dressed without exposing my secret. That was close.

jaglover
01-31-2012, 12:05 PM
was awakened, still wearing pantyhose, by my room mate and two friends. I managed to keep the covers over myself and got dressed without exposing my secret.

That sort of situation sounds pretty familiar... Things like that have been happening to me for years. (One of my problems is that when I'm dressed I sometimes have a glass or two of wine - and then end up doing things I would otherwise think twice about.)

Come to think of it maybe this is what the world needs now - a sit-com about cross-dressers!

Debra Russell
01-31-2012, 12:54 PM
Well, mine as I remember was a real heart pounder! it was early morning my wife had left for work and I wanted a femm day. My g-daughter had gotten up and was getting ready to go to work - I got up and did my pre-prep for dressing (shave , shoewer) and heard the front door shut so I knew she had left (this is before I introduced her to "auntie Debbie")so I continued to dress put on make-up and all. I ate a casual breakfast, got my purse and coat and went in the garage and got into the car - as I shut the door I heard a car pull up in the driveway : now I was blocked in, dressed with out a change, diden't know what to do! I heard the front door open and determined it was my g-daughter come back home! I thought she worked! Well after a while I thought I would just pop in- "surprise" - Just as I was about to make a grand entrance she flew out the front door and was off. This was the most heartpounding moment that I remember but there have been a lot of close calls.......................Debra

Stephanie47
01-31-2012, 01:21 PM
When I was a teenager I use to wear my mom's dresses and slips. I guess it was immature behavior on my part because I got a thrill of wearing said garments even for a brief time. Once when I misjudged how long my parents would be gone, I was dressed. I saw them enter the apartment house and realized I did not have much time before the elevator would make it to the sixth floor. I had secured the apartment door with the security chain. They were trying to get into the apartment while I was getting out of the clothes and rehanging them in the closet, which was in my bedroom (small apartment with little storage). I thought my father would break the chain. When I finally was dressed in my jeans I opened the door. I was grilled as to what I was doing. I told them I was going to the bathroom. Of course, there was no explanation as to why I had to put the security chain on the door. I suspect mom and dad had some idea I was messing with mom's clothing. Once my mom was perplexed as to why her can of hair spray seemed to be emptying faster than expected. I used it. With hindsight I probably looked like something from the Rocky Horror Picture Show! However, with age and experience my abilities have gotten better.

Beverley Sims
01-31-2012, 04:33 PM
A sit-com about CDs?
Be original.
Lets call it "CD Friends"

JessHaust
01-31-2012, 05:33 PM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you are a british girl?

DonnaT
01-31-2012, 05:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kyolOGfF78

DanaR
01-31-2012, 05:52 PM
My life has never been that exciting.:battingeyelashes::D

Jilmac
01-31-2012, 06:18 PM
I had a very disapproving wife even though she knew of my dressing. I kept my stash in my basement workshop and used whatever excuse I could to go down and dress. One Sunday morning I got up early and told the wife that I was going down to finish a project I had been working on. With our bedroom directly above my workshop, she could hear any machinery that would be running.

That morning I was so eager to dress that I forgot to start the machinery so the workshop was deadly silent (a red flag). I had slipped into my panties, pantyhose, bra and forms, and was about to slip into my dress when she yelled down and told me she needed my upstairs immediately. I yelled up to her to give me a couple of minutes but she said no she needed me upstairs then. As I was in my shop frantically taking everything off and getting back into drab, she came downstairs, saw my dress hanging on a pipe, grabbed it and went back upstairs.

When I finally got upstairs, she was giving me "the look" and pointing to the dress but waiting for me to speak first. All I could tell her was that, that was the unfinished project. She gave me an earfull about my dressing but gave the dress back and told me to keep it out of sight so none of the kids would find it. I guess I can consider myself lucky that it didn't go any further but after then I made sure machinery was running whenever I went down to my workshop.

SamGreen
01-31-2012, 08:32 PM
Last year I was left alone for a weekend and I thought I would sit on the deck and just enjoy the late evening. I got dressed up (falsies, heels and all, with a little lip gloss even) and got myself a drink. All the lights were turned off in the house so the neighbours wouldn't see anything that I didn't want to share. I opened the back door and stepped out onto the deck and just stood there, enjoying the feeling.

Then something wasn't right. I couldn't figure it out until something on the ground caught my eye. The not so little black and white pillowcase was warbling back and forth around the fence line, coming towards the deck! I don't want anyone to know about the CD thing yet, and Peppe wasn't about to be the first!

Back I went into the house, closing the door as quietly and quickly as I could. I didn't think one could move that fast in heels!

I can just hear the call to 911 now, Help I've been sprayed by a skunk, but give me 5 minutes to change first...

Sam.

jaglover
02-02-2012, 08:20 AM
I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess you are a british girl?

Indeed I am. Born and raised in the middle-class south-east of England and even worse, educated at boarding schools. What a cliche am I.

Ally 2112
02-02-2012, 10:31 AM
When i was younger waaaay to many close calls .I also am quite sure my mom knew something, twice she asked or kinda talked about strange things going on .Once with her nylons and once with a dress .Thankfully nothing came of it and soon as i had a decent part time job i bravely started buying my own clothes .About the age of 14 or 15 thats why i save bravely lol of course i had a fictitional sister or it was for my girl friend

Miranda G
02-02-2012, 07:53 PM
On one of the very rare occasions when I actually got up the nerve to buy some items from a shop, I was walking back through the shopping centre with my bag of goodies feeling very proud of myself and unusually confident. I was lost in thought along the lines of 'That wasn't so bad and it's better than anonymously ordering stuff, maybe I can actually do this all the time'. And this is the moment I bumped into my Mum!! So there we are chatting and I'm desperately trying to hide the bag behind me whilst trying to formulate a cover story in my head for why I have 3 massive coathangers sticking out of it (Yes, like an idiot I'd left the clothes on the hangers when putting them in the bag) but just couldn't come up with anything convincing.

Fortunately she didn't ask and to this day I'm not sure why. She must have seen the bag, my fidgeting attempts to remove it from view, and what I assume was poorly disguised panic writ large across my face. Either she's not as observant as I thought, or she's a lot more so...

I still get the cold sweats just thinking about it and ever since that day I have returned to ordering every single item of clothing from online sources.

Loni
02-03-2012, 02:55 AM
sounds like you need to invest in a couple three or six fire extinguishers.

they come in chrome and red....but you could paint them pink if you wanted. (pending laws in your country).
i recommend the replacement for halon. sorry i do not know the name of the gas. puts out the fire and NO clean up. works on all fires.

dominique
02-03-2012, 04:49 AM
Mines was, my youngest daughter went out to play with her friend. Thought I had time to dress, got ready hour or so later I see a head bobbing up and down over my garden wall, it was her. So I went into undress mode very quickly, by the time she came round to the front door I was undressed but still had my tights on underneath my jeans heart pounding and sweat pouring out of me, so no dressing when she's out lol

freeindress
02-03-2012, 07:03 AM
i recommend the replacement for halon. sorry i do not know the name of the gas. puts out the fire and NO clean up. works on all fires..
These things remove all oxygen so you also need an autonomous breathing system. In data/telco centers and other rooms without people, a safety alarm rings some time before releasing the anti-oxygen gas so you can escape. You don't want your family and police investigate a weird case of CD suicide.