PDA

View Full Version : Agreat qoute for CD,TS,TG's

Paulette
01-31-2012, 03:28 PM
Diane Von Furstenberg once said, “Feel like a woman. Wear a dress.”

She is noted for her simplistic approach to dressing. She is also the designer of the wrap dress which works for most of us. If you have a problem with the top opening you should wear a nice plain camisole.

Karren H
01-31-2012, 03:41 PM
Tread lightly.. You may bring down the rath of the denim jeans lobby!! Lol.

Christie ann
01-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Tread lightly.. You may bring down the rath of the denim jeans lobby!! Lol.

...as I sit here in my Gloria Vanderbilt jeans

Paulette
01-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Karen I knew you would comment. It is just so true you can never really feel or understand living in the world like a woman until you wear a dress. Wearing a dress requires so much more awareness of your surroundings and how you move with in them. Women's clothing can be very liberating on one level and yet very restrictive on another. You are comfortable having a dress flowing around your legs on a hot day, yet very uncomfortable a having to walk up a flight of stairs with a man following behind you, or bending over to pick up something you dropped. Getting in and out of a car wearing a dress can be very interesting to passerby's if not done correctly. I love my jeans and my dresses, I just feel more like a women in the dresses, especially my Victorian gown with hoop skirt and corset.

stacycoral
01-31-2012, 03:56 PM
Love the quote, and yes it is alway fun to see what Karren going to say. I just sitting here in my mini jean skirt, does that count for jeans?

Cheryl T
01-31-2012, 07:54 PM
And I think this applies to all of us....

"Be sure what you want and be sure about yourself. Fashion is not just beauty, it’s about good attitude. You have to believe in yourself and be strong."
— Adriana Lima

WsprsOnTheWind
01-31-2012, 08:00 PM
I can see how this would be true for the CD b/c she wants to look as femme and pretty as possible but I don't have to wear a dress to feel like a woman. Does it make me feel somewhat sexier at times, yes but not more womanly. I know it's a lot different for us GG's who have the opportunity to wear a dress every day than the CD whose options are limited.

Give me jeans, tennis shoes and a floppy old shirt any day and I am happiest.