PDA

View Full Version : Caught by UPS delivery man

Stephanie59
02-01-2012, 12:14 AM
I am very lucky in that I live in one state and work in another, California.
My boss lets me stay at his beach house(right on the beach) while in California.
I can dress up nightly when I get home from work as I like with normally no problems, after 6 pm the area is usuall deserted and I can even venture onto the patio and enjoy the sunset and the evening.
I am very much still in the closet and no-one knew of my crossdressing and I always feared what would happen if I got caught.
Well I got my answer tonight and I had no reason to fear.
When I got home from work I stripped myself of my male mode and put on some pantyhose, bra, slip, a nice dress and heels. I also put on some earnings, braclet, and ankle braclet but no makeup or wig. I decided to watch the news and I was not expecting anything from UPS until Friday, when all of a sudden someone was knocking on the patio door(Nobody ever comes that way).
I could not hide and I was in plain view....my mind was racing on what to say (I am getting ready for halloween.....I lost a bet.....etc) then I just said what the heck, why lie, just face it. I opened the patio door and received my package. The driver didn't looked shocked or suprised and acted like nothing was out of the norm. He even began to have a conversation about how he bet I had a great view at sunset, and how much rent was. I was floored and I was almost speechless on how it didn't seem to matter to him how I was dressed. I thanked him and told him to have a great night....he returned a thanks and wished me a good evening and left.
My heart is still pounding that I was caught...I wish everyone could and would handle the situation the same way this UPS driver did.
Just had to tell everyone still in closet that it is not as bad as you think getting caught.....I guess I should preface this by saying in California it is not as bad, I imagine if I was back home in redneck country it might be a different story.
Thanks
Stephanie

NathalieX66
02-01-2012, 12:17 AM
I would have gone out of my way to recieve a package while dressed up as a woman.
UPS always seems to show up when I'm, at work. :sad:

JessHaust
02-01-2012, 12:18 AM
Is pretict a closet door swinging wide open.
I can say absolutely that once out, you will not understand why you would ever stay in.

Chickhe
02-01-2012, 12:51 AM
I don't know your boss...but seems like a risky thing to do considering your job could be at risk. But, on the other hand, you could just say you hear a lot of people in California dress up so you wanted to see what the big deal was...

Tuesday Theriot
02-01-2012, 01:44 AM
Wow, Stephanie! Your story sounds strangely exciting. The range of emotions must have been exhilarating. Uncertainty and apprehension followed by a positive outcome seems like such a life affirming experience.

Somehow though, I can't picture the UPS driver that usually works our neighborhood being so gracious. I think he'd have a scowl and quote scripture. Our mail-woman would probably handle it better. She's lots of fun.

Blizzardx10
02-01-2012, 02:08 AM
YOu are so lucky. :( I live in Alabama... so I normally only get hate in these parts.

Vivian Chen
02-01-2012, 02:13 AM
Many CA beach communities have seen lots of different people and weird things don't shock the residents anymore.

Mollyanne
02-01-2012, 03:57 AM
I'm guessing that if you were "back down home" and your UPS driver delivered that same package to you dressed the same way you would be "run out of town on a rail"

Mollyanne

Kristy_K
02-01-2012, 05:08 AM
It's the driver's job is to deliver the packages and not to grade people on how they dress.

Kaz
02-01-2012, 05:13 AM
It is so much about the culture where you are. Where I live, that would not have quite gone that way! You have to look at it from the perspective of the UPS guy... he delivers to a location he can only dream of... he is accepting of anything!

Ava Tryptyk
02-01-2012, 09:09 AM
Sounds like a nice open-minded guy, encounters like this definitely must make you feel welcome!

Melissa Cross
02-01-2012, 09:22 AM
Think of the number of houses that a UPS or FEDEX driver goes to everyday. I can only guess they've seen everything before. I remember a phone company installer telling me stories of what he saw over the years and seeing a Crossdresser seems like nothing compared to the stories he told.....just a thought.

JillyNylonz
02-01-2012, 09:35 AM
The UPS driver may have never encountered a cd in partial drag. BUT, he acted like a professional, and you did nothing to warrant any other response. Well done for you both !

jaglover
02-01-2012, 09:36 AM
A couple of months ago I was working (I work from home) and was dressed 'man' from the waist up but with a skirt and heels on. I do this sometimes because it only takes a few seconds to pull on a pair of trousers if someone comes up the drive.

However, carried away with my work I went out to our detached garage/workshop to pack a parcel, closing the door behind me because it was raining. Moments later there was a knock on the workshop door. It being a solid door I had no idea who was on the other side of it. Well I had to open it and found myself standing in front of a young couple asking me if I wanted to sell some car parts that were lying around outside the garage. I told them no thanks and off they went. I shut the door and clung on to the door handle until my heart started beating normally again. I think I would actually have felt better about the whole thing if I'd been fully dressed.

kimdl93
02-01-2012, 09:36 AM
I dress full time now, and I have accepted packages from the UPS, Fed Ex and US Post Office. Without exception, they treated me with courtesy and friendliness. If any of them had a reaction, they saved it for when they were back in their van.

And I shipped a bunch of packages from the Post Office and Fed Ex during the holidays. I was treated like any other patron...no one batted an eye.

Michelle 2
02-01-2012, 09:42 AM
I am glad you had a good experience Stephanie. Within the past year I have come out to my FedEx driver and my postal woman who compliments me all the time. Next up is my UPS driver! It is great once you have totally accepted who you really are.

Michelle

Nikki A.
02-01-2012, 10:44 AM
delivery drivers have seen everything. Nothing surprises them anymore and I'm sure you were one of the tamer scenarios.

candice44
02-01-2012, 11:20 AM
I have always wanted to answer the door to a ups driver or jehovah's witnesses en femme. Have the jehovah's come in, esp 2 females, pretend you're interested, make them tea, all the while you're one of the girls chatting about who knows what.

Cheryl T
02-01-2012, 11:25 AM
Don't forget that if he were to say something "off color" it could mean his job if you decided to pursue it with his company.
He probably giggled to himself the rest of the night and had a good story to tell back at his office.

Karren H
02-01-2012, 11:36 AM
delivery drivers have seen everything. Nothing surprises them anymore and I'm sure you were one of the tamer scenarios.

Especially California delivery drivers... They are probably more shocked when they encounter "normal" people. Lol.

Wendae
02-01-2012, 03:58 PM
I had this experience once several Halloweens ago. I just answered the door and said "Trick or Treat!"

ArleneRaquel
02-01-2012, 04:04 PM
I've answered the door for the UPS delivery man many times, and on several occasions he called me maam....what a trill ! :):battingeyelashes:

STACY B
02-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Don't forget that if he were to say something "off color" it could mean his job if you decided to pursue it with his company.
He probably giggled to himself the rest of the night and had a good story to tell back at his office.

As long as you have made them happy thats all that matters ,, An thay will remember it for a little while ,, But if you realy pissed them off thay will remember that forever, Ilove to push it as much as I can its so exciting :eek::eek::eek: Like the SA coming over an ya have some shoes on or putting your shoes back on in a hurry !!! :tongueout:tongueout:tongueout BEAT YA AGAIN :tongueout:tongueout

busker
02-01-2012, 08:26 PM
I am very lucky in that I live in one state and work in another, California.
My boss lets me stay at his beach house(right on the beach) while in California.

Perhaps the UPS guy--who works a constant but fixed route-- has seen your BOSS in drag and that is why he didn't react. He may just have thought the two of you were the same person. It is after all, CALIF. as you have said.

Barbara Ella
02-01-2012, 08:47 PM
My daughter ordered a special package that Fedex requires signing for. It was due to come today or tomorrow. Today is my day for makeup and pictures, and wife is at office until 10pm, and doesnt want daughter to wait for package, so it was on me. I was not going to stay drab until the delivery. made the decision to get full femme, wig and makeup for the pictures of the day, and just stay that way. I figured, keep the lights on the porch and entryway off, and cough answers, and at most he would be seriously confused. Steeled myself for the encounter and potential behavior and mannerisms, and signing etc.

Got a call at 5 that delivery was scheduled for tomorrow afternoon. Had a great day of expectations. Don't know if I would set up myself for something like this again for a long time. The expectations were fun.

Babes

Pamela Julie
02-01-2012, 08:55 PM
I am sure the driver saw at least a dozen others more shocking than you that day alone. He has many stops to make and does not have time to dwell on anything he sees.

Pamela

pattysues
02-01-2012, 10:06 PM
Red Neck country, Mo. yep...

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-02-2012, 01:31 PM
I was at work fully dressed on a day when we are not open for regular business and a UPS delivery came. I knew we were waiting on a package so I answered the door and signed for the package, the driver is our regular guy and he has seen me many times as a drab man but never said anything about what I was wearing that day. I had on a Navy blue mini dress and a pair of red 3" heel sandals. The dress is one of my favs and I wear it as often as I can. The mail lady came shortly afterwards, she always compiments me on how I look when I am dressed

Acastina
02-02-2012, 03:19 PM
Especially California delivery drivers... They are probably more shocked when they encounter "normal" people. Lol.

Hey, watch it, Penguinette! We native Californians ARE the normal people, waiting for the rest of you to catch up...:devil: