PDA

View Full Version : Suzy and the mannequin.

suzy1
02-01-2012, 04:09 PM
There is a small dress shop in my village. And inside the window sits a mannequin.
Every time I go by the window she is wearing a different dress. Usually a lovely party dress.

Now there are two ways to walk to my local supermarket. The short way or the long way past that shop.

So let’s see who is really clever here and can guess which way I go?

SUZY

[Is there a psychiatrist here that can help someone who has fallen in love with a plastic model?]

moondog
02-01-2012, 04:11 PM
That's too easy...I would take the long way.

paulaprimo
02-01-2012, 04:13 PM
yep, the long way, both ways...and i bet you make several trips...

kimdl93
02-01-2012, 04:17 PM
Ever see Ryan Gosling in the movie "Lars and the Real Girl" ?

Foxglove
02-01-2012, 04:27 PM
I've found that you do need to be a bit careful. If you're walking with someone past a dress shop and they catch you looking too closely at the clothes on display, it can lead them to ask questions.

But now you've given me the answer. I can just tell them that I'm in love with one of the mannequins. Thanks, Suzy!

larry
02-01-2012, 04:27 PM
plastic model is better than blow up doll hehehe

WsprsOnTheWind
02-01-2012, 04:35 PM
I think you only love her for her clothes and not her inner self. lol

AND is mannequin a female or a CD dressed as one? How would one know?

Persephone
02-01-2012, 05:18 PM
[Is there a psychiatrist here that can help someone who has fallen in love with a plastic model?]

Hi Suzy!

I'm not a psychiatrist, but I would think that simply doting on her through the window would not constitute love in the classical sense; it might be more likely to be considered longing (or, dare I say it, it's evil twin -- lust).

Now, if you were to go into the shop, grasp her tiny little hand, look into her eyes and have a conversation with her, well, then love might blossom! Especially if you brought her flowers and asked her out!

But whatever you do, do NOT bring her chocolates as mannequins have to really watch their diets!

Hugs,
Persephone.

By the way, I may be even worse off than you. Once upon a time there was a dress shop that I would go out of my way to drive by. Each of the three mannequins had her own window! And they were always dressed in the most beautiful fashions! Oh! Talk about longing! And talk about perfidy! I longed for all three!

Alas, the shop closed. When I passed it for the first time after that and discovered the loss, I cried. If only I'd known -- I could have possibly rescued those maidens and taken them home!

Carole
02-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Hope you come home the short way Suzy, else the milk will be off by the time you get a cuppa made............

Beverley Sims
02-01-2012, 06:28 PM
In the past 3 months I have walked past Mannequins in London, Paris, New York, Berlin, the rest of Europe, Countless villages around the UK and I only get to look at them once. If I stop and pause even only for a minute to take in the lovely styles of clothing I have seen, I estimate I have spent 3 or 4 hours just window shopping.
I would love to go back and look again as I have forgotten most of what I have seen.

Ally 2112
02-01-2012, 07:25 PM
I also have a favorite dress shop i drive by whenever i can. Of course i have to be careful not to look to long in case i cause an accident lol

Kaz
02-01-2012, 08:05 PM
There are only so many parties a mannequin can go to? One day you will walk by and she'll be gone. Time to make your move Suzie!

Suzy Parker
02-01-2012, 08:20 PM
You should swipe the mannequin then volunteer to let the shop owner use you as a live model and let her make things for you!

busker
02-01-2012, 08:35 PM
the long way

Suzy, on a slight tangent, it wasn't till after I joined the forum that I realized that a lifetime of shopping in stores was first and foremost through the women's clothing dept no matter where I was going. It is odd how the subconscious works. My CDing had been on in my early years and did not revive until some few years ago but just below the surface was the little nag that I was interested in women's clothing-hence walking through the women's dept and keeping it in mind for a future return. The rest, as they say , is herstory.

Barbara Ella
02-01-2012, 08:37 PM
You know it will be serious when you name the mannequin. That's the time to start worrying.

Babes

BillieJoEllen
02-02-2012, 02:23 PM
I too, like to drive by a certain bridal shop. The proprietor is one of the most tasteful and imaginative window dressers I have ever seen. She puts her mannequins in some of the most scrumptious gowns. If the timing is right I will pull up in front of the boutique and take a much closer look.

moondog
02-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Ever see Ryan Gosling in the movie "Lars and the Real Girl" ?

That's where I know him from. Excellent movie.

Marleena
02-02-2012, 03:51 PM
Well Suzy if the mannequin dresses sexy I would go out of my way to check her out too. You can stare at her all you want and it won't bother her one bit.:)

BTW I was at Kmart last week with my wife. I told her, "look she dropped her pants to her ankles!" My wife looked around, and said "where"? I pointed to the mannequin that some kids had pulled the pants down on. We had a good laugh over it.. So mannequins can be entertaining at times, except when their arms and stuff are broken off.:)

Victoria StJohn
02-02-2012, 04:16 PM
QUOTE "[Is there a psychiatrist here that can help someone who has fallen in love with a plastic model?]"

Suzy, tell the truth. It's the beautiful party dresses that you fall in love with. Drop in one day and invite her to the party. Maybe you can share her wardrobe. LOL :D

Gaby2
02-02-2012, 04:57 PM
There is a small dress shop in my village. And inside the window sits a mannequin.
Every time I go by the window she is wearing a different dress. Usually a lovely party dress.

Just because she's a mannequin, don't underestimate her, Suzy!
That's typical GG - posing nonchalantly, while secretly enjoying driving you crazy!
It sounds like she has it in for you...
Gaby

Jilmac
02-02-2012, 09:14 PM
You have to watch out for those mannequins Suzy, their brains are sawdust and they all have wooden hearts.

Tara D. Rose
02-02-2012, 09:35 PM
BTW I was at Kmart last week with my wife. I told her, "look she dropped her pants to her ankles!" My wife looked around, and said "where"? I pointed to the mannequin that some kids had pulled the pants down on. We had a good laugh over it.. So mannequins can be entertaining at times, except when their arms and stuff are broken off.:)[/QUOTE]

Marleena, was the mannequin's face blushing?
When I was at an Atlanta Super Mall back in September, I saw these two lady manneqin's in the window. The emplyee's were changing the outfits on the two mannequins, I'm a little embarrassed to say, but I just grabbed a bench and sat there and watched the show.
L&R......Tara

Marleena
02-02-2012, 09:57 PM
Marleena, was the mannequin's face blushing?

@ Tara , nope it was white as a ghost everywhere..:)

taís
02-02-2012, 10:00 PM
I usually crave the wigs of the mannequins >.<