PDA

View Full Version : Girls and their stupid mirrors!

Marleena
02-02-2012, 03:41 PM
I could never understand GG's and their mirror obsessions. You know, getting ready and they're there staring in the mirror while getting ready, rechecking every time they look away. You think they're finally ready but they stop at another mirror in the house on the way out to primp again. Grrr..

You get in the car, and the sun visor mirror goes down, primp again. Maybe a couple times more before you get to your 10 minute destination. You get to your destination and out comes the compact mirror before you go in the door, primp again. It's a ritual everytime you go somewhere with a girl. Are they just vain?

Then I became a girl! Guess whose worse than their SO? Uhuh..

In guy mode I only check to see if I have something stuck in my teeth. In girl mode it's constant checking of makeup and hair.

How about you?

moondog
02-02-2012, 03:47 PM
I hate mirrors so I avoid looking into them.

kimdl93
02-02-2012, 03:49 PM
I admit it, I check myself in the mirror every chance I get....hair, make up, my outfit....everything gets scrutinized. Its never ending!

BethCD
02-02-2012, 03:49 PM
Oh, yeah definitely. Especially with me not being very passable, I want to make sure I'm at my "best".
Beth

Karren H
02-02-2012, 03:52 PM
Not any more than I do when I don't have makeup on! :)

Crissy Kay
02-02-2012, 03:53 PM
Yes, I must spend at least half of my cd time looking in the mirror!! And most of that time I am just seeing how much my frilly panties are showing if I bend over too far in my short, full petticoats!!!

~Joanne~
02-02-2012, 04:34 PM
I look alot more when dressed than I do not dressed. I also hope to see a better looking girl staring back at me , and while strides have been made, it's going to be awhile till that day.

ArleneRaquel
02-02-2012, 04:38 PM
Mareena,
All of my mirrors, are turned toward the wall, hand help mirrors are tuned upside down for apparent reasons. :2c:

suchacutie
02-02-2012, 04:44 PM
It's easy :) Can't check lipgloss without a mirror, nor hair, nor mascara, nor powder, nor blush, nor one's outfit...etc.

Now, shoes I don't need a mirror for :)

tina

Gaby2
02-02-2012, 04:46 PM
I have mirrors placed strategically in my home, Marleena...

RenneB
02-02-2012, 05:00 PM
You bet Marleena.

In fact today while shopping at the penny store, I was just going from one aisle to another and caught my reflection in a full length mirror only 'bout 4" wide. I had to stop, take two steps back and check myself out. A little flick of the hair and I was back to the shoppin.

By the time, I got back in the car I had to fix the hair again and redo the lips. Sunvisor down and primp primp primp. Then the drive back. Even at a stop light, heck I've got at least 30 seconds to throw on some gloss.... down with the visor again.... LOL.

Ain't it great?

Renne.....

Suzy Parker
02-02-2012, 05:06 PM
The only mirror I like is the one at the fair that makes you look tall and skinny. I can do short and fat all by myself.

Jilmac
02-02-2012, 09:07 PM
We all need self reassurance that we look as good as possible at all times, and the mirror seems to tell us yes every time we see the girl staring back at us.

NathalieX66
02-02-2012, 09:09 PM
Mirrors are the enemy of women.

Melissa Cross
02-02-2012, 09:22 PM
I'm like the other girls, I check myself in every mirror I see when I'm dressed as a woman and I rarely look into one when I'm in drab.

Tara D. Rose
02-02-2012, 09:26 PM
I joked with my wife a few times that I'd like to make one whole room be all mirrors on all walls. I believe I would just stay in that room all the time while I'm Tara.

stacycoral
02-03-2012, 12:09 AM
Mirrors, how would a girl get ready for the big night out. No mirror, i really need a way to check myself over, don't want to look bad incase im seen.

docrobbysherry
02-03-2012, 01:03 AM
Mirrors! I LOVE them! I HATE them!

Without my contacts on, Sherry ALWAYS looks HOT!

With my contacts or glasses on, EEEEEK! Who's that SCARY WITCH in the mirror!?

DanaR
02-03-2012, 02:25 AM
My wife becomes impatient with me, just to the extent that when we are getting ready, it is just me getting ready. When I'm just about ready, she will do her makeup and be ready in about 5 minutes. I'm better, down to about a hour. but still take longer to get ready than her.

Elana
02-03-2012, 02:39 AM
I notice myself checking and primping myself a lot when in femme mode also. In guy mode I'm only checking to see I'm presentable, not really caring all to much on being perfect. But in girl mode its totally opposite, and find myself checking mirrors even when in the car to make sure my makeup is still good, and also posing and primping at my place to make sure my outfit looks cute and seeing how i can add more femininity to my look.

Persephone
02-03-2012, 02:48 AM
Mirrors are the enemy of women.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y53/sandylewiscares/Smiley_trophy.gif

Oh! Do you have that one right!!!

Ancient proverb: Keep your friends close, keep your enemies closer!

Hugs,
Persephone.

jillleanne
02-03-2012, 08:06 AM
I let her drive most of the time I'm en femme if we are going out together shopping or whatever. I love the fact I'm on the passenger side which gives me time to groom myself more. And yes, out come the words, " For God's sake, you look fine, put the mirror away!" lol Doing exactly what she does everytime she gets in the car if I'm driving. But of course, that's different!!!

carhill2mn
02-03-2012, 05:36 PM
Iin "male mode" after a certain age there are very few reasons to look in a mirror. When presenting as a woman there are a great many reasons to do so! For many of us who are not GWs, we do like to be sure that things are still looking OK.