PDA

View Full Version : my latest therapy session

Asako
02-03-2012, 01:01 AM
This makes the third session I've had with her and I like her approach to things.

We started with the diary. I pulled various things from my diary to talk with her about. The first thing that came up was that I had under-dressed. ^.^ Yes, I'm getting bolder little by little. =) That led to talk about how it feels when I wear my breast forms(they're amazing) and just how much of a soul crushing experience it is to remove them.

We talked about HRT and it's effects. I established that I would definitely need to speak with an endocrinologist about the full effects of the process, each of the medications used, and their full effects. I also laid to rest her unspoken fear of self medication. I may be an idiot at times but self medication is BAD juju that could claim my life very easily. She seemed open to the possibility but that may also be me "seeing what I want to see" so to speak.

The biggest thing we talked about was a happy life and positive reinforcement. I was happily surprised to be shown a site by what I THINK is a research dedicated to understanding happiness in life. She asked me to take a personality test to see what the strengths of my personality are. She did tell me why but I can't remember the details. It has to do with getting a rough idea on what my personality strengths are. That's about all I can remember.

One thing I told her is that I'm going to get a flash drive for me to copy my diary onto for her to read in between sessions so she can. Sure, it's partly for me to organize my thoughts but my diary(and I told her this all of this) is an unfiltered version of my thoughts. It will give her a better idea of what I deal with and what I'm struggling with. In turn, she will know better how to help me work through things. =)

I also got to show her something new with Youtube. ^.^ She was surprised at the number of videos on makeup and voice training. =D Yay! I showed my therapist something that might help her provide a little more guidance and hope to someone else. ^.^

One of the last things we discussed is that my job doesn't provide enough cash flow to transition. Hell, I could tell that just by looking at my budget! So, I've decided to get my GED and get a better job with benefits. If my family knew of this decision, they'd all chant this in unison: "It's about damn time!"

She's never negative about anything we talk about. She also never pushes me to do things. She may make a suggestion or two on something I should consider or think about. The biggest thing she has stressed to me is that as I make changes, she wants me to be safe about the changes. =)

I wonder what will happen between now and my next appointment on Feb 16th...

Danni Bear
02-03-2012, 02:16 AM
congradulations ASAKO!!!!!!

things do get better

Danni

Asako
02-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Indeed they do Danni. =) I've got a little bit of a checklist formed by the things her and I talked about. It doesn't have to be in any sort of order either. ^.^

Get GED
Find a job with better pay than $7.85 an hour. Insurance is a bonus.
Research voice training and start it soon.
Save money for starting a makeup kit.
Acquire makeup experience...as much as possible
Save a lot of money

Some are short term goals while others are long term. So, based on my conclusions from our discussions, I'm going to be busy for a while with little changes. Now, to go drag a friend down to TSTC with me to see when they do their GED testings and the cost.

Julia_in_Pa
02-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Asako,

Yay!! That's fantastic!!

I'm very sure your pleased with your progress down the path.

Julia