PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing: Do u DO IT? Or, just TALK ABOUT IT?

docrobbysherry
02-03-2012, 01:41 AM
I spend WAY more time here rapping girl talk with folks than I do dressing! :o

I spent 10 years dressing all alone with NO help, feedback, or advice before I found this and other CD sites! Naturally, I learned to do EVERYTHING on my own!:straightface:

My CD sessions now last between 3 to 5+ hours. And, one every 2 weeks satisfies my urge!:battingeyelashes:

I'm usually HERE mornings and evenings now!

I wondered how many OTHERS here spend more time CHATTING about CD topics than actually dressing? R u one? :brolleyes:

VanIsle
02-03-2012, 01:46 AM
Chat way more than do. I don't feel the need to dress all the time, plus I have lots of things to do that I can't do dressed up lol

Aloha Jayne
02-03-2012, 01:47 AM
I talk because I can't dress. I have to wait till the wife goes to see the grand kids. But when I can, I will stay dressed for 3 or 4 days. I get depressed when I have to put my things away and go back to boy clothes.

ArleneRaquel
02-03-2012, 01:48 AM
I normally dress enfemme 24/7. Even I can't talk 24/7, about crossdressing. :eek:

Mistybtm
02-03-2012, 01:56 AM
I am dressed all the time when i am home, the only time i am not is when i go to work or have some errons to do out side of the APT. even then i am underdressed most of the time.

JessHaust
02-03-2012, 01:59 AM
I chat alot, but I spend way more quality time dressed. I love chatting and seeing what everyone thinks about the different topics, but this is not what floats my boat. If I don't get out a least once a week I get ansy. My last time out was clubbing last thursday and I have nothing until Saturday, it's driving me nuts!
For those of you who don't go out, I can't encourage you enough. It is hard at first, but it's like a membrain, once broken it's nothing to get through it as much as you like. I will no longer dress at home unless it is in prep for a trip out, the home experience just pales in comparison.
OK, Jess will get down off her soapbox now! (does that statement show my age?!)

Jacqueline Winona
02-03-2012, 02:31 AM
I talk way more than I do! But interestingly enough, my conversations are becoming more feminine in nature (she looks better with bangs, what's up with that necklace?) when I talk with my wife.

Melissa.Lynn88
02-03-2012, 02:41 AM
I dress more often than I chat. I try to dress as much as possible, usually like 4 or 5 nights a week. But I'm to be on here a lot during the day when I can't dress.

Gaby2
02-03-2012, 02:49 AM
Hi Sherry,
at present, my CDing corresponds mostly with the time I spend on-forum - at least when I'm awake.
On average that's about an hour a day, I think.
I try to log in on a daily basis.
Talking (chatting) about CDing is relatively new for me -I've been registered here for only one and a half years.
That's not a long time when one considers the 40 os so years beforehand...

Plenty of close acquaintances know now about my desire to CD.
It's hardly ever a topic of conversation anymore.
Only three people have ever seen me dressed.
That's enough for me at the moment, as I'm only a learner in the "real world".

I enjoy coming here and reading about how others (who are much more active) are getting on.

Regards
:rose2:Gaby

Danni Bear
02-03-2012, 03:14 AM
Doc,

I guess you would have to say I chat more than I crossdress as putting on male clothes would drive me crazier than I already am.

Danni

vivianann
02-03-2012, 03:30 AM
I dress enfemme way more than talk about it, I am out and about enfemme all the time.

danielletorresani
02-03-2012, 03:37 AM
I talk about it way more than I do it. Though I'm quite excited about the end of this month. My wife will be gone for a whole week and I plan to spend all or most of that time en femme. Can't wait!!!

DanaR
02-03-2012, 03:38 AM
I try to dress a couple of times a week, but haven't been out for a month or so. The only reason for this is I've been busy with other things. I'm on several other forums (other than CD'ing), but probably spend too much time on the internet. It is hard to be a girl and a guy and jamb all of the things that I have to do in the time that is available.

Ava Tryptyk
02-03-2012, 03:47 AM
I don't get to dress that often and my wardrobe at the moment is VERY limited - just one pair of pantyhose. So most of the time I can only imagine myself in women's clothing while contenting myself with the discussions on these forums. But if I had my own place to live, things would be totally different!

audreyinalbany
02-03-2012, 08:20 AM
I usually stop here once a day and read the new messages... maybe fifteen, twenty minutes. Dress maybe a once or twice a week for an hour or two, so I guess it's kind of a draw. I think being here though does kind of 'grant permission' for me to dress more often. I don't think I dressed as often, or even had the urge to dress as often, before I belonged to this site. I guess being part of the community lets me know it's okay.

Karren H
02-03-2012, 08:42 AM
+18,000 posts here.... +19,000 posts on makeuptalk.... ?????? posts on FaceBook.... Worn out 3 Blackberrys. You do the math....

Melissa Cross
02-03-2012, 08:48 AM
I spend a lot more time here than I do dressing however since I've become more active here my deire to go out dressed has increased dramatically. If I didn't have to work I would be spending a lot more time dressed.

STACY B
02-03-2012, 09:00 AM
I guess if you always wear the clothes it dont count, Dont have any man clothes maybe a t shirt or two ,, But only realy get dolled up if im going somewhere I guess , Would you consider it crossdressing or did I cross over into something else ? Sometimes I wonder dont even realy think about it like I used to it just comes natural to put on clothes , I meen there mine I have nothing else to wear an why would I want to go an buy something that I realy dont like maybe I lost my mind an I dont see it ? But no one ever says anything to me about it just like its normal .

kimdl93
02-03-2012, 09:02 AM
I do it. Virtually every day, morning to bed time....

darla_g
02-03-2012, 10:04 AM
I only dress every once in a while. I definitely chat on here every few days, but think about it quite a bit.

Piora
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM
I actually haven't dressed for a couple of weeks. But I also haven't been on this site much lately, either. I know from experience that I have peaks and lows when it comes to dressing. And I also know from that, that I will probably start to do it more often again, and soon. Had a lot to deal with recently, so that has no doubt had an effect. But, yes.....even at the peak dressing periods - I am on this site talking about it, as opposed to actually dressing.

Good thread topic, Sherry!

franlee
02-03-2012, 10:50 AM
I dress far more than talk about it but I am talking about like a regular woman would in the same situation. From a pair if jeans and shirt/blouse to a gown and house coat and then if the ocassion lends itself a nice skirt/blouse or dress. Since I have joined you ladys it seems my talking situation afords it's self for the first time and being new to it I am spending far more time talking than I ever imagined possible! And believe it or not I can do both at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NicoleScott
02-03-2012, 11:22 AM
Same here, Doc. Decades of doing it all alone: no support, no internet, no advice, no feedback, learning it all by myself, keeping everything private.
When I could (single, living alone), I made up and dressed 3-4 times a week, each session lasting a few hours. Now family and work makes it hard to dress very often. But when I do, I want the whole thing, complete transformation. I spend more time on the forum than en femme.

terrianncd
02-03-2012, 11:35 AM
8 years ago I married a wonderful woman who loves TerriAnn as much as Terry and as I work from home, I'm always dressed these days. Get up in the morning and dress for work even though the office is just upstairs. :) In fact I own no male undies anymore. Sleep in nightgowns and frilly pj's. Life is wonderful at 56.

Teri Ray
02-03-2012, 11:59 AM
I prolly chat about dressing much more than I get to dress. I would much rather be dressed than chat about being dressed but life is what it is.

BillieJoEllen
02-03-2012, 12:16 PM
I underdress daily but don't have the chance to fully dress near as much as I'd like to. I do try to visit daily and usually submit one or two posts.

S. Lisa Smith
02-03-2012, 12:28 PM
The chance to dress only happens so often, the chance to go online is frequent.... I guess i would dress more if I could, but I can't.

Claire Cook
02-03-2012, 12:41 PM
I try to dress for a little bit every day, even if I am not out and about, so yes, looks like I walk more than I talk. (Like this is my first time here in over a week...).

So what's the old saying about talking the talk and walking the walk? Guess it tells me I need to work on my voice and my walk....

Launa
02-03-2012, 01:10 PM
I talk about it way more than I get to do it and that sucks hard. I wish it was the other way around but what do ya do? JUST DREAM!

Marleena
02-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Actually I talk too much..:)

*sneaks away*

Vickie_CDTV
02-03-2012, 06:00 PM
I spent far more time talking about it than actually dressing up. Talking about it here and such is easy, dressing up completely takes a lot of energy, and energy is always is short supply at the end of the day.

stacycoral
02-03-2012, 06:06 PM
Unforunly it chat more than out dressed, i dress at home every chance i get, but, sometimes it days between, Normally no weekends, it is some much fun to go out in public, but that doesn't happen very often.

sissystephanie
02-03-2012, 07:07 PM
I do get on this forum almost every day, but I also crossdress almost every day. Maybe not entirely crossdressed, but at least underdressed. And most days I spend a part of the day totally enfemme. As a widower I live alone, so why not! I certainly do chat about dressing, on this forum, but actually dress a lot more than I chat!!

Dawn cd
02-03-2012, 07:28 PM
The way the OP is phrased assumes there's only one way to dress, presumably all the way with wig, heels, and a dress, etc. But a girl who wears a nightie to bed is dressing. A girl in jeans, a blouse and flats is also dressing. There are many ways of dressing up, completely or partially. Let's give ourselves credit for the dressing we do and not beat ourselves up for being more talkers than dressers.

velvet
02-03-2012, 07:41 PM
yes, i do it as i feel,the only people i talk to is my wife and everybody here.as i sit here in striped top and tan skirt and heels[of course]

RenneB
02-03-2012, 07:49 PM
I for one am only hear when I'm not enfemmode. When I'm able to get the 'comfy' clothes on, I am out the door (usually in a mere 2 hours or so) and out and about. The carriage changes back into a pumpkin 'round mid after noon and I'm back to my female brain only.

What I find interesting is the 'counts' on the threads. I see some will have a hundred or thousand views but only 20 or so replies... Me thinks that there are just a lot of 'viewer' out there...

Renne.....

Jilmac
02-03-2012, 07:53 PM
I log onto this site every day and usually have something to say on at least one thread a day, but I dress a whole lot more than I talk. I try to wear something femme every day even if it's only for a few hours. I wear panties 24/7 but don't count it as underdressing unless I'm wearing my bra and forms under my drabs. I love to dress and take every opportunity to do it, unfortunately my part time job requires me to wear male drab clothes but when I get home I slip into something totally femme.

After too many years in the closet and only being able to dress when hidden, I find it pleasurable to be on my own and dress at will. In my early yers of dressing I did plenty of experimentation and picked up tidbits of information from printed sources. I also observed my wife and daughters when they did makeup and hair. I had a gay brother-in-law who knwe I dressed and offered me advice. Before the internet, I could talk to him about my dressing but it was very limited. Now that I have this forum and a wide circle of friends I don't need to talk as much as I love to dress.

Brittany CD
02-03-2012, 07:53 PM
I don't have my own female clothes anymore, so I probably talk more about dressing than actually doing it

Oh, how I miss being Katie :daydreaming:

velvet
02-03-2012, 07:59 PM
katie, ya didnt purge did you. golden rule... never, never purge.....oops i forgot here is like hash hh there are are no rules, sorry

Jane G
02-03-2012, 08:05 PM
An intresting thread Sherry. I'd say I dress more than I post. I'm normaly dressed when I'm chating on line. The fun thing is I'm often dressed when chating on Pistonheads & A1 Surf. If only they new.

Annaliese2010
02-03-2012, 08:15 PM
"I wondered how many OTHERS here spend more time CHATTING about CD topics than actually dressing? R u one?"

Me, I Used to be that way, long these many years, as it turns out. But now? Oh no...just AM. What I am...just a friend...to the CD whys ways & wherefores. Not evil, mean nor convoluted...but the straight-up undiluted tried & 'true'ed' simple yet free woman in me. Annaliese, so sweet and bitter, yet clean. So pure at heart I wanna scream! For I am that I am...the unbearable (cant lose, even when i Try) lightness..... of Being. Me. Complete.

Eryn
02-03-2012, 08:19 PM
I dress once a week or so, but check in here daily. I dress when I have somewhere to go, but I love chatting with the folks here.

Dena
02-03-2012, 08:57 PM
I also chat more than dress, though I'm always wearing panties and sleep in a nightgown! Maybe I dress more than I chat...

Katherine L.
02-03-2012, 09:59 PM
Unfortunately, I'm online far more frequently than I dress.

Kira

Julogden
02-03-2012, 10:26 PM
What little work I get nowadays is done from home using my computer, so I'm home all day, every day, and I dress every day, pretty much all day (around home, not if I have to go out), but I don't do full makeup, usually just lipstick and maybe mascara. My hair is longish, thin on top, but I can't see the thin spot when I look in the mirror, so no wig, just my own hair.

Carol

jilliannichols
02-03-2012, 10:36 PM
Sadly,talking more than walking.Miss jillian is in "dresser remission".She needs a new set of hips and a tush and doesn't really want to get out there until she does.Trust me, she's such a matchy-matchy ..itch that she won't budge:even if she's had some nice compliments.I've managed to help her save a little coin but don't know where or for what to send her shopping.If she can manage to still wear all those skirts she'll be so much easier to live with and I can jump back into her persona and start working on voice and mannerisms.I really miss that feeling of freedom and accomplishment of being enfemme and doing it as well as I can.
In the meantime,I love this forum and think all you gurls are great.

suchacutie
02-03-2012, 10:59 PM
Since I started from knowing nothing and not dressing 6 years ago, of course I did more research about transgenderism and transforming than I did becoming Tina. The more I learned, the more Tina began to appear. At some point the time as Tina became the main focus as less and less research was necessary.

Life allows Tina to appear in spurts, but each time is the better part of a day, whereas each time here or researching something about femininity is just a few minutes at a time. So the frequency of posting or researching is more than dressing, but the amount of time as Tina is still greater!

What a nice thought :)

busker
02-03-2012, 11:59 PM
dressed everyday, mostly all day and go out semi dressed to blend. Read and don't always post but lately here daily. Took a few months off and will probably do so again shortly.

Dana7
02-04-2012, 12:10 AM
I underdress most of the time. And when I'm home alone, I'll throw on a skirt & blouse or dress with forms. But the full Monty only comes out on Halloween.

I was a lot more active in chat until about a week ago when work took off. Now I am much busier.

GBJoker
02-04-2012, 12:50 AM
I talk almost exclusively. I have no good times to dress at all, and only one outfit anyway. Wearing the same thing two days in a row is already bad in male mode, it's worse in female mode, so... Yeah...

There's also a variety of other problems I am having currently that effect this.

k lynn
02-04-2012, 05:50 AM
I undress daily with jeans just dont care for dresses wigs makeup or forms just like panties bras and once in a while a pair of heels thats just me been this way since childhood

leotard fan
02-04-2012, 06:08 AM
I only dress at home, in house of friends or some times underwear. It´s very rare to come to this forum, but i like too do more often the 2 things, dress and chat! (you can not image the help you give to me about crossdressing, because i live in a very conservative world)

lauraabdl
02-04-2012, 06:59 AM
I dress enfemme way more than talk about it, I am out and about enfemme all the time.

I'm with you on this, I dress enfemme almost all the time these days, only change for the service call jobs and then change back, a girl got to make a living.

KylieQ
02-04-2012, 07:43 AM
I dress way more than I talk about it...probably 2/3 of every day I'm dressed, the only time I'm not is when I'm at school or work. The only thing I really need to do is get my butt out of the house wearing the same things I wear in it! This is the only place I can really talk about it.

Rachel Lea
02-04-2012, 08:12 AM
Spend more time talking and thinking about it, it seems all I get to do anymore is to under dress a little. Have not dressed fully for about 2 years.

~Joanne~
02-04-2012, 11:29 AM
Just joined the forum less than 30 days ago, I find that I am here quite a bit. I do a lot more reading than posting but I do chime in here and there as it feels great to finally embrace this other side of me. I have a lot to learn about proper make-up, clothes sizes, and how to over come a lot of fears and the like.

I also dress a lot. I have the time to do so everyday. Some days it's a simple as a pair of pantyhose, some girly socks and a tight pair of active wear, most days it's a dress/skirt, some heels, hose and my wig. It's seldom it's full nine as it takes really long to do and as being in the closet, I have no where to go. Once I sort things out and buy everything I need that may change :)

Joanne

karenlong
02-04-2012, 11:42 AM
im sure i talk more than do and i have tried cutting down on the talking too, as to not push, so now i do very little either way, i would love to dress and talk about it ressed

StevieTV
02-04-2012, 11:54 AM
I'm dressed either over or under 24/7. I only talk about CDing on here mostly. It's no longer a major issue with me.

Sallee
02-04-2012, 12:01 PM
I am on this site alot more than I should be. I only get to dress once a week if I am lucky. Lack of time is the reason.It sure is fun when I do get out even if it is only a mall crawl.

Kate Simmons
02-04-2012, 12:55 PM
As for myself RS, I just do it and enjoy. I do like to talk about the mechanics of it though.;):)

Alice Torn
02-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Doc, Like you, it is about once a week, or two weeks, about 4 hours. Like you, i dressed years before finding this site. I still use wter balloons for boobs. I am on here a lot more, than i dress up. Challenges with 91 yr old parents, depression, physical health, finances, religion,guilt, yada yada.