PDA

View Full Version : Advice on new name (about to legally changing mine)

johanna.kitten
02-03-2012, 04:00 AM
Hia!

So, I am about to change my (actual) name to my femme one, but ran into some trouble already.

It seems to be OK to change/add "Johanna", so no worries there. The problem was
that I always wanted an Italian name so I checked if I could have "Donatella", and it was rejected.

So, now... my question is: Could you lot help me to come up with a great name?
As for given name it needs to be "international", typically something pronounceable in English (open for Chinese now when they are the only superpower around). An Italian surname would be great. The issue here is that if someone else in my country of citizenship has the surname I'd like to get, they all have to give approval, so the easiest thing here is to just invent a new one, help me out here. :) It is easy for me to check online if someone else already have the name as all these records are public information.

/Johanna

Ava Tryptyk
02-03-2012, 04:18 AM
I love different names! I don't know what kinds of names you like, but how about Sofia Savarelli? Sofia is international, but I don't think any English speaker would have problems pronouncing it. And Savarelli sounds Italian but according to Google it isn't very common at all. I am a fan of the letter "S" but I don't know if you are, so let us know!

DAVIDA
02-03-2012, 05:45 AM
Johanna Milano.

It sounds like a cookie!:heehee:

moondog
02-03-2012, 09:14 AM
Why was Donatella rejected?

johanna.kitten
02-03-2012, 11:48 AM
Why was Donatella rejected?

There were 19 persons in my country of citizenship that already had this name. It would be possible to have this name if they all let me have it. Now, I do have all their contact details so it would not be too much of a problem to contact them, but what are the chances that they all would let me have it? It is not worth the effort. Also, I happen to know one of them.

/Johanna

Ava Tryptyk
02-03-2012, 01:06 PM
There were 19 persons in my country of citizenship that already had this name. It would be possible to have this name if they all let me have it. Now, I do have all their contact details so it would not be too much of a problem to contact them, but what are the chances that they all would let me have it? It is not worth the effort. Also, I happen to know one of them.

/Johanna

So the rule of other people in your country of citizenship having to approve your name applies not only to surnames, but also given names as well? Or did you want Donatella to be your surname? I'm just a little confused on this.

DeeArel
02-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Just add an e at the end or an i before the a

Miranda-E
02-03-2012, 01:34 PM
Hia!

So, I am about to change my (actual) name to my femme one, but ran into some trouble already.

It seems to be OK to change/add "Johanna", so no worries there. The problem was
that I always wanted an Italian name so I checked if I could have "Donatella", and it was rejected.

So, now... my question is: Could you lot help me to come up with a great name?
As for given name it needs to be "international", typically something pronounceable in English (open for Chinese now when they are the only superpower around). An Italian surname would be great. The issue here is that if someone else in my country of citizenship has the surname I'd like to get, they all have to give approval, so the easiest thing here is to just invent a new one, help me out here. :) It is easy for me to check online if someone else already have the name as all these records are public information.

/Johanna

why change your surname at all?
if johanna fits you enough to use here, and slides through your name change regs, I'd have walked out of the court with my shiny new paperwork before the ink dried, not posting here about cute sounding names.
With all the real problems in the process, why create new ones?

johanna.kitten
02-04-2012, 03:30 AM
Hm, Garibaldi is royalty... also my neighbour's surname.

Sveta, I think it might only apply to surnames.

Well, I was kinda hasty when I picked Johanna, I should have dropped the 'h' to make it more international.

/Johanna

johanna.kitten
02-05-2012, 06:20 AM
Kinda fancy Kimberly Joanna Saletti, any thoughts? I am about to fill out the forms online. Perhaps it is a little bit of a piss-take to apply for the title "Miss" at the same time?

/Johanna

Ava Tryptyk
02-05-2012, 06:25 AM
It sounds good to me, but I think the most important thing is that you yourself like the name! Do you need to have a title to be called Miss, though? I always figured that if you are an unmarried woman you would be called Miss (Ms.) by default.

johanna.kitten
02-05-2012, 06:31 AM
It sounds good to me, but I think the most important thing is that you yourself like the name! Do you need to have a title to be called Miss, though? I always figured that if you are an unmarried woman you would be called Miss (Ms.) by default.

Ttue, but you still han to fill out the title on tem forms. I like Kimberly as it bacomes Kim, which goes both ways...

/Johanna

jillleanne
02-05-2012, 08:00 AM
How about Fetichini Alfredo?

johanna.kitten
02-07-2012, 03:31 AM
How about Fetichini Alfredo?

Sounds delicious. ;)

/Johanna

jillleanne
02-07-2012, 07:57 AM
Sounds delicious. ;)

/Johanna

Oh it does, doesn't it? It just rolls off the lips lip a deliciously lite chocolate mousse. Now if I could learn to spell it properly. lol