PDA

View Full Version : Interesting change in attitude.

JessHaust
02-03-2012, 10:00 AM
Girls, tell me if this has happened to you.

When I'm in guy mode and for as long as I can remember, my relationship with my male friends has been one of good heated competition and teasing. When I talk to my guy friends we will say things like 'you could not do that, or Well since I and so much better than you doing...' In short we insult each other, not in a mean spirited way, kind of a 'wink, wink, nudge, nudge...you suck' kind of way.

But when I'm talking to my girlfriends here and in person, I become very complimentary, 'I love that blouse, Your parties are so much better than mine, I can never get my hair as good as yours' , The attitude is completely 180 deg from the guy talk. I call the girls Sweetie and Darling not dude and jerk-face.

So 1. why? and 2. do you do it too?

Laura912
02-03-2012, 10:14 AM
In the female mode those traditional female characteristics emerge. You have said that it is more peaceful for you so there is less of an edge to you. Plus, one tends to reflect the behavior of the people we are with. As a test, next time you are with the girls, get a little edgy and see what they throw back to you...don't overdo it or you may get something served to you on a platter!! I have never been with anyone else but spouse, but even then I see the change in behavior.
Laura

Marleena
02-03-2012, 10:24 AM
Great questions Jess! When I'm here I live it, typical girl mode, I'm Marleena. When in guy mode, typical male.

I find it very easy to switch modes.:) If only the guys really knew.lol. In fact a GG I came out could not believe I was CD even after sending pictures, I had to prove it.

Cheryl T
02-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Guys just naturally tend to do that sort of thing.
I love that I don't feel the need for that kind of interaction when I'm with my girl friends. Life is much more pleasant without all the T-interference.

Karren H
02-03-2012, 12:12 PM
I think with the guys I am totally sarcastic... "If you'd get your f#*!ing hands out of your pants for half a minute...." But with women I make mildly sarcastic compliments! "I look nice? I wish...... If I had a pair of those I'd wear what your wearing every day of the week!". Lol

stacycoral
02-03-2012, 12:18 PM
Jess, I do believe when i boy mode, we just don't want to act girlly,because everyone will start to talk about us, and trying to provide our families with what the world seem right, but when we become girls, we become more relax, and enjoy the little things more, i know for less stress when i am Stacy, I love being her to no end.

BillieJoEllen
02-03-2012, 12:25 PM
I don't really have any close male friends to interact with and I would have to say my attitude concerning people doesn't really change. I like most people and always try to treat everyone in a decent manner.

Claire Cook
02-03-2012, 12:34 PM
Yes, Jess, great questions. I think I'm coming together -- the more "alpha male" traits in me (not that they were ever that strong) are less expressed, and I find myself more at ease with giving compliments for females and general empathy for others when I am not dressed. One thing I have noticed is a definite change. When I look at women no matter how I am presenting, it's always with an eye for what she's wearing and how it works for her. Time was when other thoughts came into my head ... I much prefer these new ones!

WsprsOnTheWind
02-03-2012, 02:27 PM
To put a different spin on this from a GG's point of view, typically guys don't talk to women the way they talk to guys either. So it could be part of the feminine side coming out and it could be that men naturally treat women differently.

Rachel Schaedel
02-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Due to a rough job situation(I was working for a real D!$&head) I was unable to dress as much as I wanted, meaning, NEVER. My attitude was one of typical jacka$$ husband. When I got laid off it only got worse. Stayed home watching tv doing nothing all day. Wife would come home and (at least in my "woe is me" mind) would nag me about everything. After about two months of this one day out of the blue she asks me "Has Rachel been around at all?" Now needless to say I was a bit shocked and nervous about her asking. You see she has known about me for a few years and has never seen Rachel just knows that she is here. She has very rarely asked about my dressing as well.

So after she asked, I was curious as to why. "You seem so miserable right now. And whenever Rachel is around your a much more pleasant person to be around"

Needless to say, Rachel has been here every day for the last month and I am a happy housewife doing chores all day and enjoying being married to my wife. I kinda figured she was keeping tabs on my wardrobe as it is in my closet and not hidden. Here's hoping for more things in the future.

Rachel

KellyJameson
02-03-2012, 03:55 PM
Dressed enfemme I become more animated and extroverted, that is when I feel most comfortable in my own skin in social situations because than I look on the outside how I feel on the inside, I feel genuine so I relax in the presence of others.

I become flirtatious in a very soft way, like a cat that rubs against your legs wanting attention, I enjoy dancing and being more social when usually these things bore me to tears. Dressed enfemme does not soften me, if anything I become more assertive, aggresive,forceful, extroverted but in a quiet way.

Dressed in drab I become intentionally invisible because than I do not want to share me with anybody else but keep all my time and energy for my own selfish use, reading my books or going for walks by myself, I go inward into myself thinking about things that are vital to my purpose for living but enfemme I become less serious and much more social even though I'm still reserved by most peoples standards

carhill2mn
02-03-2012, 05:27 PM
IMHO we as boys/men learned early in life to "get along, go along" even though we might not have totally liked what was going on. Virtually no one wants to be singled out as "diferent", "queer", "gay", "sissy", etc. It is no secret that in the "male
world" any perceived weakness can and will be used against you.

When presenting as women we have the opportunity/permission to act as we think a feminine woman would act. For most of
us this is very freeing and exciting. Granted, girls/women can be and often are just as cruel but it is much more common for females to be supportive, understanding, empathetic, etc. While many men are this way also, it is much harder for them to feel that they can express such feelings safely.

suchacutie
02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
The genders just are NOT the same. If they were I doubt we would be crossdressing (or everyone would!) as we wouldn't perceive the differences that we do in ourselves.

Do I change as I change genders? You Bet I DO!

tina