PDA

View Full Version : Have you been pushed a little out of your comfort zone?

Amanda22
02-03-2012, 03:29 PM
I love it when my wife surprises me by putting me in a situation which she knows is a little uncomfortable but necessary for me to build confidence and be a better woman. Here are some examples:

When we're out as girlfriends at a restaurant, I speak as little as possible because I'm self-conscious about my semi-masculine voice. Last Saturday, when our waitress came over to our table to greet us and take our drink orders, my awesome wife just kept her lips shut! "Oh great!" I thought. I'm going to have to do all the verbalizing. I had no choice, so I did. Of course, I did fine and it was great experience. My wife had planned that and I love her for pushing me.
A couple of weeks ago, I was in male mode and we stopped at a dress shop to shop for me, mostly. As we were approaching the store, she says, "You go on ahead while I go to this other store. I'll be over in a few minutes." Now, I've shopped alone tons of times, but it was the unexpected change that caught me off guard. I browsed around, got a sales associate to help me find things my size and started a dressing room. 30 minutes later, my wife wanders in with a "oh, did I forget about the time?" expression and smile on her face.
A few months ago, we attended a women-only "Girl's Night Out" event at our local art museum. The theme was to showcase local vendors of interest to women so the vendor tables were arranged along the walls of the very large main atrium. There were cocktail tables and high chairs scattered around the edges for attendees. Well, we made it in and found a table. I felt "safe" at that point. I had a home base and could kind of hide there. At least sitting down disguised my height. We had stopped by the "bar" on the way to our table and I was subconsciously sucking down my wine. Then my wife asks if I want another glass. Of course, I said I did. She said she wanted another one, too, and some more hors duerves. I thought she'd get them. Wrong! She told me to go get our drinks. I remembered how loud my heels were on this typical museum floor and the wine bar looked like it was 100 yards away. I took a deep breath and forged ahead. It was exhilirating although I had quite a lump in my throat.

I love my wife for slowly taking my training wheels away. She's just the best thing to ever happen to me.

Has anyone had a spouse or mate help them along this way?

Love,
Mandy

karren G
02-03-2012, 04:20 PM
Mines just begining to now i don't mind being seen at home while dressed buy the neighbour's through the windows
but i think a wig would look better now as i don't think i would pass properly without one even though my wife accepts me dressing
nearly full time at home now days without , I think it's time i asked to chose me a wig and the big step GOING OUT ,must be coming to
that one soon as i feel also my training wheels are being taken away from me.

Michelle V
02-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Haven't gone out fully dress (just yet) but my wife and I went shoping and she made me try the dresses on before buying them to make sure they would fit, it was kind of embarasing because the attendant on the dressing rooms gave us a weird look and kept saying, YOU ARE TRYING THE DRESSES? over and over, my wife made it so much fun that I just did not care, when we got to the shoe section she just kept telling me to try the shoes in front of people. All in all it was more fun than embarasing.

~Joanne~
02-03-2012, 04:43 PM
What a great wife you have Amanda :) Wish I could say I wasn't jealous but.....;)

Haven't gone out fully dress (just yet) but my wife and I went shoping and she made me try the dresses on before buying them to make sure they would fit, it was kind of embarasing because the attendant on the dressing rooms gave us a weird look and kept saying, YOU ARE TRYING THE DRESSES? over and over, my wife made it so much fun that I just did not care, when we got to the shoe section she just kept telling me to try the shoes in front of people. All in all it was more fun than embarasing.

Wife or not I couldn't do it. Good going :)

Vanessa Storrs
02-03-2012, 07:21 PM
I love pushing my limits. I got myself in a rut by only going to "safe" places, now I am pushing farther and farther out of the closet and enjoying it more and more.

Lorileah
02-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Pushing limits is one reason I keep doing this. That is part of the fun.

And I am glad your wife is so much fun and caring. You have a great time out don't you? Like two best friends

Jenniferathome
02-03-2012, 07:45 PM
You're awesome!

Got to love that gal

DanaR
02-03-2012, 07:54 PM
With the limits pushed a little, it's easier to go out dressed. I would rather be seen dressed as a girl trying on clothes than I would being dressed as a guy trying on girls clothes.

Melissa Cross
02-03-2012, 07:55 PM
Great story....your wife sounds great. I guess anytime we do something new dressed, we're pushing our own limits. I'm guess ing that your wife thought you were ready otherwise she probably wouldn't have done it.

velvet
02-03-2012, 07:56 PM
each time we go shopping together i think i move on abit and my wife is morecasual about the right fit, ie"try the other shoe on , all feet are not the same size" oh ok if you insist.

kimdl93
02-03-2012, 08:06 PM
As i mentioned some months ago my wife and I were enjoying a bottle of wine poolside ( I was dressed) when she in lvited our meighbor to join us. I was shocked for a moment but no one else was and we had a great time. She was more ready than I thought I was.

STACY B
02-03-2012, 08:16 PM
:o:o:o:o:o OHHHH YEA ,,, Iknow what cha mean there .All the ladys on here think an say ohhhh your so lucky your wife dont care ,,,You can dress anytime you want,, But that being said all that fun an games comes to an end after awhile. She will take you threw JAN-FEB but then its time to MARCH on your own an be a big girl. So no more sneaking around an her buyin all the clothes cuz your scared to pay, Not tryin stuff on an having to bring it back for ya, Goin outta town so you can shop in peace ,,,, Ohhh no that goes away with the thrill ,, After the new where;s off your on your own an ya better hope its not in front of your buddys or someone ya know well ? Go to the makeup counter an make you get your shade match, get the lady to get a bra sizing,, Go in an get your ears pearsed , Ohhh an the shoe thing yell across the store ,, HEY I found your size ,, Here try these on,, Mine does the same as the rest ,, Just today light makeup jeans, tight top , little jacket on ,, loafers, She hands me her purse in walmart at the couter an walks away an says pay for that ill be over here,So here I am digging threw her purse just like it was mine an payin for a bunch of baby clothes for a shower. So when ya get ready to jump make sure you can swim ,, BECUZ its not all heels an hose an prancing around the house,, There is alot of ladys on here that can tell ya ,, If ya think sneakin around outside is bad where you can run an hide or get in the car an leave ohhh baby you got another thing coming . Ya better hope she is in a good mode an is not PMS cuz when ya get in that store an she sees something she wants an you see something you want it mite be WWIII ....... CAT FIGHT ,,,, :heehee::heehee::heehee::heehee:

NathalieX66
02-03-2012, 08:17 PM
I only worry about being out of the comfort zones that have consequences......my job, for one.
My friends are cool & accepting. My parents have now seen photos of me, and though we live about 200 mile apart because of my job, they think I am amusing. Dad's a little worried that he'll lose a son for good....mainly because we relate so well as guys. I hate to dissapoint the parents that love me and gave so much of their lives to raise me.
In the end game, I am me, and that's the way it is.

Jilmac
02-03-2012, 08:23 PM
I don't have anyone to push me so every step I take out of my comfort zone is done on my own, however I'm determined to turn the fear into fun.

Annaliese2010
02-03-2012, 08:28 PM
You have a very lovely girlfriend in your wife, for shore! Me, I had to just 'woman-up' to do what you so eloquently describe..which to me is a process or if you will, a 'Right of Passage' distinct & unique, foreign to what most people think, expect or imagine. Though some day I suppose they'll make a movie about us, and it'll win an Oscar for Best Pic.

Barbara Ella
02-03-2012, 08:38 PM
My wife is only into me for 2 months, but she recognizes when the time comes for me to do something, and she makes sure I do it. Will go with me to the makeup counter, but always makes me talk to the SA and ask for a match. She will go into fitting room with me for clothes. but I have to go in for the exchange when things dont fit, and the exchange is for my size. She is pushing me in makeup once I took the initiative for the first time. Each one has their own way of making us function as a part of society. God Bless them.

Babes

Kim_Bitzflick
02-03-2012, 08:48 PM
I find this very interesting. Even though my wife is accepting, she has never pushed me. I mostly encourage her to go out with me. I have had to learn to walk on my own, but she will follow me and I love her for that.

t-girlxsophie
02-03-2012, 08:52 PM
I too used to stick to TG or "safe" places but with my wife by my side.I was persuaded to be a little bolder,so we went into Pizza Hut,it was full with families and I thought it was a baaad Idea,but I shouldn't have worried no one even bothered,I even talked with fellow diners and I felt very relaxed.The Ladies in our lives care for us and know what's best I would definately say.

Sophie

Leslie Langford
02-03-2012, 10:22 PM
Sorry, ladies, but I simply don't buy all this cutesy-wootsy, lovey-dovey "my wife is so awesome...look at how she makes me push my boundaries" stuff. I'm starting to feel my gag reflexes kick in...

Why don't you just call it what it is - that some of you and your wives both get off on this kind of female domination scenario, and that you thoroughly enjoy playing the submissive role, with bit of public humiliation thrown in just to spice things up a bit. It may not be full-blown, classic "sissy training", but pretty darn close.

No shame in that - and whatever floats your boat - but at least have the honesty and integrity to call a spade a spade, and don't presume for a minute that the rest of us here are naively looking at your kinky role-playing through the same distorted lens.

Most of us here have either non-accepting or barely tolerant SO's, and it is unfair to rub our noses in the allegedly awesome relationships that you have with your spouses when - if, in fact, what you claim is true - this also happens to fall at the extreme other end of the "acceptance" spectrum and is far from the norm either.

Jacqueline Winona
02-03-2012, 10:32 PM
Love that story, Amanda! I am glad you are so happy.

Tanya C
02-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Good for you Amanda. I too have a supportive wife who is happy help me expand my limits and broaden my horizons. She does this because she cares about me and wants to help me nurture my fem side. She wants me to learn to feel more comfortable as a woman in public because she knows that my female side is an important part of my entire personality.
It takes a lot of effort in order to foster an accepting relationship, sacrifices need to be made on both sides. But if you.re willing to do the hard work necessary to gain acceptance then it can result in a magical experience. So magical is it, that I can almost understand the disbelief by some who don't have it.

WsprsOnTheWind
02-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Being on the other side of that I can tell you that pushing someone TOO far can cause damage and dissolution of relationships. There comes a point when you have to recognize that someone is at their comfort level and no amount of pushing is going to make them budge. It's one thing to push but it's totally another when you are making the other person so miserable by pushing that you wind up losing them.

It has been my experience that some CD's expect the SO to be as passionate about their being a CD as the CD is. It's easy to forget that your partner is not a CD and is not going to get as much of a thrill out of it as the CD (I'm sure there are different levels depending on the individual). I think sometimes the CD expects their SO to push them to do more so that they don't have to be responsible for doing it. They want it to be forced on them to add to their happiness and push their SO to take this role. In my situation, I do not want the role of the forced feminization and to lay that at my feet and expect that from me for their happiness is wrong. I am not responsible for making anyone happy but myself.

I would caution anyone who is trying to push this role on their SO's if she is resistant to back off. It would be so easy to push her to the point of shutting down and not participating at all. Be happy with the level of participation she is comfortable giving b/c that too could be lost!

I realize the OP wasn't addressing this type of situation but I wanted to give my perspective as a GG on the other side of that.

karenlong
02-03-2012, 11:44 PM
your wife is amazing, no i have never experienced anything like you described, wish i had

Megan70
02-04-2012, 12:02 AM
My wife and I have been going out together dressed as girlfriends for close to 40 years. Shopping, restaurants, errands, movies etc. She is not super duper crazy about me being a CD but is very tolerant because she loves me and wants to make me happy even if its at her own expense of her not getting the deserved attention, affection and sex, that i ashamedly claim for myself.
But for me there is no " feminine side" illusion because i don't feel it and never will or want to. Yes I pass perfectly 90% of the time in public but I dress simply because I like to, to feel good, to impersonate a woman and take on a few hours of role playing acting. None of this deep phooey feminine side stuff applies to me... but my wife. God bless her.

taĆ­s
02-04-2012, 12:05 AM
hi Mandy!
thanks a lot for sharing this with us. it seems pretty clear that your wife love, supports you and knows how to rock your boat! in a true relationship, she'll feel as proud as yourself as you pull off around her "traps". it's major intimacy, and as Lorileah very well said, "like two best friends". I'm happy for you and I can only dream of finding a SO like her. tell her she's awesome! ;)

Maggey
02-04-2012, 12:38 AM
Hey Mandy, your SO sounds awesome. My SO is awesome but is still quite uncomfortable with my crossdressing. There are clear boundaries that we respect of each other. Maybe some day..........
Consider yourself fortunate and treat her well.

t-girlxsophie
02-04-2012, 01:22 AM
Strong Opinions there Leslie
I dont think any of us are describing some kind of Fictionmania female domination/cuckhold tale,were just relating our experiences of being out with our loved ones.I've never been pushed,or tried to push my wife into doing something either of us aren't comfortable with.We agree first before going in a different direction.

I would also hate to think me telling of her being understanding,was thought by anyone to be a case of me pushing it into the faces of girls/guys who aren't as lucky.we don't live in a blissful utopia,like other marriages we have rocky moments.But we do have mutual respect for each other and of our life together.

Sophie

suchacutie
02-04-2012, 02:34 AM
When we start, every time is a stretch. I can remember the very first day that my wife and I went shopping (in drab) for Tina. Trying on shoes at Payless, holding up skirts to my waist at Macy's, and then in a drug store she grabs a mascara and eye liner and turns to me, puts them in my hand and says out loud, "Tina will need these now"!

Welcome to being transgendered!

sandra-leigh
02-04-2012, 04:34 AM
Pushed out of my comfort zone... I was going to say that I never had been, but I remembered something.

There was a day at my (then) GP (General Practitioner -- my regular doctor) when by chance there was a topic he asked about that I could not answer honestly without either saying (rather uncharacteristically for me) "I don't want to talk about this!" or else revealing my crossdressing. He didn't really believe me when I told him, saying that I didn't wear women's clothes on my visits (Me: "Everything that I am wearing now is women's clothes.") And he more or less dare me to wear a dress for my next appointment.

Well, I don't dress up just to suit other people, so I didn't wear a dress for my next appointment. I did, however, wear a definite skirt. Which was enough to prove the point. (And in many of my appointments after that, I wore skirts or dresses.)

The being pushed out of my comfort zone: First off, I hadn't really wanted to tell him about the crossdressing, as I didn't want to risk damaging my status as a patient. But, that itself past, I was not comfortable at the time wearing a skirt or dress in his waiting room (1 to 2 hours wait), concerned about how other people would react, especially the large number of Sikh patients.

I did grow accustomed to it: it wasn't really difficult for me. The other patients only displayed very minor discomfort. (For example, one day, someone came in, sat down, noticed that their view was directly of me sitting their in a long skirt and blouse, and then for some reason decided that the next chair over was be more comfortable.)

For me, though, it has been me deliberately pushing my comfort limits. Wearing a dress in public in daylight, doing errands, without any wig or makeup: that was probably the toughest for me to Get A Round Tuit. It isn't a problem for me now.

Amanda22
02-04-2012, 04:58 AM
When I joined this forum in August of 2010 and began posting my thoughts and feelings of dealing with my transgenderism and revealing my cross dressing to my wife, I was advised by very wise and far more experienced members (thank you Rachel Morley and Kathryn Martin) to let my wife lead in every aspect of this journey.

Why do I have the most wonderful, fulfilling, magical, romantic relationship with my wife that I can imagine? Because we actively show each other practically daily that we're willing to do for the other whatever it takes to make that person happy. As far as crossdressing and my need to live a feminine way of life, my wife is so enthusiastic because she loves me. I and we have never done one crossdressing related thing that she didn't suggest.

Crossdressing isn't the center of our relationship. Before I came out to her, we had the same wonderful, giving dynamic. CDing has been a way for her to show me she loves me. It is such a great gift she's given me that is causes me to ask her if I do as much for her as she does for me. She assures me that I absolutely do!

Our relationship is founded on truly loving each other. From that love, we are like best friends wanting the other's dreams to come true. I post my positive experiences here so others know that what I've found in life and a relationship is possible. In this thread alone, we see several other relationships with the same magic! That makes me feel so good for you!

I agree with Tanya C who says she can almost understand the disbelief others have for our relationships. However, I don't understand calling others dishonest, lacking integrity, being unfair, etc.. It's so bizarre all I can do is smile and wish them well.

Thank you to all my friends who have responded in a supporting manner. I love all of you.

Patsy
02-04-2012, 05:25 AM
I agree wiv Nathalie. I don't really care what other people think, but I do care about the consequences on my job, and my ability to make money and function in society. So I'm in the peculiar situation where everybody knows, but I can't be open. All the disadvantages and none of the advantages.

HollyH20
02-04-2012, 06:54 AM
i stopped worrying a longtime ago, just be you

STACY B
02-04-2012, 07:50 AM
sorry, ladies, but i simply don't buy all this cutesy-wootsy, lovey-dovey "my wife is so awesome...look at how she makes me push my boundaries" stuff. I'm starting to feel my gag reflexes kick in...

Why don't you just call it what it is - that some of you and your wives both get off on this kind of female domination scenario, and that you thoroughly enjoy playing the submissive role, with bit of public humiliation thrown in just to spice things up a bit. It may not be full-blown, classic "sissy training", but pretty darn close.

No shame in that - and whatever floats your boat - but at least have the honesty and integrity to call a spade a spade, and don't presume for a minute that the rest of us here are naively looking at your kinky role-playing through the same distorted lens.

Most of us here have either non-accepting or barely tolerant so's, and it is unfair to rub our noses in the allegedly awesome relationships that you have with your spouses when - if, in fact, what you claim is true - this also happens to fall at the extreme other end of the "acceptance" spectrum and is far from the norm either.

uk ohhhhhhhh ,,,,,,,,>>>>> the cats out the bag >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> doh !!!!! Doh !!!! "":":":":":" doh !!!

Kristy_K
02-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Your wife sounds just wonderful Mandy. I remember the time that I needed to use the restroom at AppleBees and my SO said she couldn't go with because someone had to watch the table and purses as she was smiling from ear to ear. So I look around to pick the way with the least amount of people in the path to the restroom. When I came out I then look around to see which way had to most amount of people in the path to our table and then took that way. She had fun with that one but I love it.

Kristy

WsprsOnTheWind
02-04-2012, 08:56 AM
Hey Mandy, your SO sounds awesome. My SO is awesome but is still quite uncomfortable with my crossdressing. There are clear boundaries that we respect of each other. Maybe some day..........
Consider yourself fortunate and treat her well.

Thank goodness that you can still see your wife as awesome even though she isn't comfortable enough to take your dressing public. I am in the same boat. I'm a very private person and do not want any public attention drawn to myself. Therefore, I am unable to be the "awesome SO" but that is okay b/c I am just fine the way I am.

I appreciate any couple who can't take CD'ing to the level that others can but can still respect each other's personal boundaries and love each other above an beyond them. Mandy, I think it's great that you and your wife have this level of a loving relationship. I also think that others who aren't comfortable taking it to that extreme can have that same level of love and closeness as long as one or the other don't become fixated on what their partner is not doing and appreciates what they are doing to participate.

I have never expected my SO to embrace the things that I enjoy doing to the level that I do. We can't ever expect another person to be as passionate about the things in our lives that make us click. It's great if that sometimes happens but most of the time it won't. Being as there are many parts of a person that makes them a whole it's still possible to love the whole above and beyond the things we don't completely share with them. The big question is can the CD love their partner back with the same level of acceptance that she gives to the CD w/o judging her in return? It is a fine line we walk!

Amanda22
02-04-2012, 09:57 AM
Being as there are many parts of a person that makes them a whole it's still possible to love the whole above and beyond the things we don't completely share with them. The big question is can the CD love their partner back with the same level of acceptance that she gives to the CD w/o judging her in return? It is a fine line we walk!

Hi WsprsOnTheWind, I think the theme you are bringing up here and in your earlier response would make an excellent thread on its own. What you're saying is important and I'd like to read responses specific to that discussion. Would you mind starting it? I think you'll get a ton of feedback which will be helpful to everyone.

WsprsOnTheWind
02-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Hi WsprsOnTheWind, I think the theme you are bringing up here and in your earlier response would make an excellent thread on its own. What you're saying is important and I'd like to read responses specific to that discussion. Would you mind starting it? I think you'll get a ton of feedback which will be helpful to everyone.

Mandy, it might make a good topic. If you want to post one with that theme then feel free to do so. I'm not really into posting a new thread at the moment.

I don't think this thread is "rubbing it in the noses" of those who don't have what some have. I think it's just that we (society as a whole) are so used to seeing only the negative that we don't know how to react to the positive. I think it's wonderful that some have that great relationship and why not share that with others? It's okay to share the bad but not the good? Last time I checked reading/posting on threads was optional. If there is a topic that I am not interested in then I move on to the ones that do.

Marleena
02-04-2012, 10:16 AM
I don't see anything unbelievable here. Mandy has an accepting wife and a good relationship obviously. Her wife is just helping her along to do things she needs to do for herself in public.

If your are not in your home town nobody will know if the wife is a wife, friend, or girlfriend. She can be comfortable with it. My wife helps me out a lot too. It depends on the wife's comfort zone on the Cding. Congrats Mandy, your wife sounds wonderful!:)

PretzelGirl
02-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Therefore, I am unable to be the "awesome SO" but that is okay b/c I am just fine the way I am.

You are here participating and sharing your feelings and outlook. What is more awesome than that?

I don't think this thread is "rubbing it in the noses" of those who don't have what some have.

I agree. We all have things that others don't have. If we try to stifle posts based on the fact that others might feel slighted, then we will wipe out the majority of positive posts that are made. That would make this a fairly negative place. We need both sides for good balance.

Brenda Freeman
02-04-2012, 01:23 PM
Amanda, you and your wife sound like a couple who know how to have fun and make sure its fun for both! You are lucky to have someone who embraces and encourages your feminine side since that is an important part of who you are and I am sure you enjoy it very much. I told my wife about my CD side late in our marriage and though she doesnt actively participate thankfully she is okay with it we both agree on boundaries and I can take it to the level I am comfortable with. Though I would love to go out with her as girlfriends sometime, ( If we dress up to go out to dinner I can't take my eyes off her beacuse she is lovely and darn wish I could wear what she has on) probably won't ever happen but we have fun together I can talk to her about clothes and not have to hide anything, We have no secrets. Its about enjoying each others company and what makes one another happy that counts in a relationship. You go girls!

~Joanne~
02-04-2012, 02:16 PM
When I joined this forum in August of 2010 and began posting my thoughts and feelings of dealing with my transgenderism and revealing my cross dressing to my wife, I was advised by very wise and far more experienced members (thank you Rachel Morley and Kathryn Martin) to let my wife lead in every aspect of this journey.

Why do I have the most wonderful, fulfilling, magical, romantic relationship with my wife that I can imagine? Because we actively show each other practically daily that we're willing to do for the other whatever it takes to make that person happy. As far as crossdressing and my need to live a feminine way of life, my wife is so enthusiastic because she loves me. I and we have never done one crossdressing related thing that she didn't suggest.

Crossdressing isn't the center of our relationship. Before I came out to her, we had the same wonderful, giving dynamic. CDing has been a way for her to show me she loves me. It is such a great gift she's given me that is causes me to ask her if I do as much for her as she does for me. She assures me that I absolutely do!

Our relationship is founded on truly loving each other. From that love, we are like best friends wanting the other's dreams to come true. I post my positive experiences here so others know that what I've found in life and a relationship is possible. In this thread alone, we see several other relationships with the same magic! That makes me feel so good for you!

I agree with Tanya C who says she can almost understand the disbelief others have for our relationships. However, I don't understand calling others dishonest, lacking integrity, being unfair, etc.. It's so bizarre all I can do is smile and wish them well.

Thank you to all my friends who have responded in a supporting manner. I love all of you.

Very well said :) I am hoping for the same for myself in the future where loves sees no boundaries. Something to look forward to :)

Cheryl T
02-04-2012, 04:24 PM
I've gotten some of the same treatment over the last few years.
We'll go shopping and my wife will hand me things and say "pay for these with yours, I'm going to look at some sheets" and walk away.
Or she'll say "What?" when I talk softly and force me to talk more loudly.
Now she's given up that as I will take her things and head to the register or order dinner without a thought. I just don't worry about those things anymore.

kimdl93
02-04-2012, 05:56 PM
Sorry, ladies, but I simply don't buy all this cutesy-wootsy, lovey-dovey "my wife is so awesome...look at how she makes me push my boundaries" stuff. I'm starting to feel my gag reflexes kick in...

Most of us here have either non-accepting or barely tolerant SO's, and it is unfair to rub our noses in the allegedly awesome relationships that you have with your spouses when - if, in fact, what you claim is true - this also happens to fall at the extreme other end of the "acceptance" spectrum and is far from the norm either.

Leslie, I am genuinely sympathetic for the many members whose wives are atbest intolerant of their SOs . But I don't think that should oblige those of us with supportive spouses to remainsilent nor does the rare thread on these positive relationships constitute rubbing anyones nose in anything

Jennifer8
02-04-2012, 07:50 PM
YES more n more each day it feels like

Leslie Langford
02-04-2012, 08:56 PM
Leslie, I am genuinely sympathetic for the many members whose wives are atbest intolerant of their SOs . But I don't think that should oblige those of us with supportive spouses to remainsilent nor does the rare thread on these positive relationships constitute rubbing anyones nose in anything

I think that some of the ladies who have responded to this thread may have misunderstood the gist of my original post...

My issue is not that some of our sisters here revel in the fact that their SO's appear to be so much "into" their crossdressing that they not only support it, they (allegedly) also enthusiastically encourage it and help their partners expand their comfort zones. If that's the case, then more power to them, and we should all be so lucky. But then at least call it what it is: a kinky, role-playing activity bordering on the fringes of a BDSM master/submissive type of relationship, where the added risk of possible public humiliation for both parties amps up the turn-on factor. I would also venture to guess that these enabling female SO's are either bisexual or else have latent lesbian tendencies that they are in still in denial about, and have not yet expressed in other, more traditional ways so far.

Again, no shame in that, but at the same time, please don't try to imply that the average hetero female would be so nurturing, so caring, and so madly in love with their mate (or "GGG", as sex columnist Dan Savage defines it) that they could unreservedly embrace the crossdressing lifestyle given the right circumstances, and that these fellow CDer's just happen to have won the lottery in the "acceptance" department.

Sorry, but my B.S. meter starts to read off the scale at that point...

Amanda22
02-04-2012, 09:28 PM
My issue is not that some of our sisters here revel in the fact that their SO's appear to be so much "into" their crossdressing that they not only support it, they (allegedly) also enthusiastically encourage it and help their partners expand their comfort zones. If that's the case, then more power to them, and we should all be so lucky. But then at least call it what it is: a kinky, role-playing activity bordering on the fringes of a BDSM master/submissive type of relationship, where the added risk of possible public humiliation for both parties amps up the turn-on factor. I would also venture to guess that these enabling female SO's are either bisexual or else have latent lesbian tendencies that they are in still in denial about, and have not yet expressed in other, more traditional ways so far.

Again, no shame in that, but at the same time, please don't try to imply that the average hetero female would be so nurturing, so caring, and so madly in love with their mate (or "GGG", as sex columnist Dan Savage defines it) that they could unreservedly embrace the crossdressing lifestyle given the right circumstances, and that these fellow CDer's just happen to have won the lottery in the "acceptance" department.

Sorry, but my B.S. meter starts to read off the scale at that point...

Leslie,

My good fortune obviously upsets you to the point where you call me a liar (you keep saying "allegedly" to my description of my life). You don't even know me! You also call me dishonest and lacking integrity because I don't describe my relationship in terms you can accept. You sound as intolerant as the TG-hating public. I have news for you: I did win the lottery in finding my perfect spouse and I'm very proud of her and us. Her celebration of my cross dressing is just icing on the cake for me. And you know what? I personally know several other couples with the same loving relationship. It happens because these couples have a relationship founded on love and respect for each other and deeply wanting what's best for the other person. You don't know what I'm talking about because you haven't found a relationship where both partners love and respect each other to this degree. I'm blocking you now, so best of luck finding happiness and overcoming your bitterness and jealousy.

ReineD
02-05-2012, 02:32 AM
This thread took a virulent turn and this is unfortunate.

We all have different experiences here, different backgrounds, different spouses, different relationships, and most importantly, different ways at looking at the same situation. But to come right out and call someone a liar is not what this forum is about. I thought we were better than this here.

Thread closed.

Hopefully Amanda, next time you report a positive experience your thread will take a more positive turn.