PDA

View Full Version : How has dressing affected your view of women ?

Brittany CD
02-03-2012, 03:41 PM
I think my crossdressing has given me a greater appreciation for women. I feel I can understand them more now in terms of how they dress, I can appreciate the difficulties of being an actual woman. It's tough being a girl every now and then, but being an actual girl all the time must be tougher. Weight problems, unique outfits, shaving, hair care, it is nothing like what people like me experience. I have so much respect for them now. Has your dressing affected your view of women at all?

Erica Thorn
02-03-2012, 03:52 PM
Absolutely, earlier I was teasing my gf when she complained about everything from shaving her legs regularly to wearing heels... now I have a much better understanding of that :D

I must say tough thats only the material part of being a woman... the pure mental part is still outer space for me! :D

Karren H
02-03-2012, 03:57 PM
Well I really don't remember what my view of women was when I was 6..... But since I've always crossdressed..... I haven't changed my view one way or the other. Just like people in general there's good ones and bad ones.... So I view them as people. Prettier people.

karren G
02-03-2012, 03:58 PM
I have always had the greatest respect for women and always veiwed them as equal ,
and not a sex object like most of the neandathol males out there.
May be this is why i dress mostly as female at home and the wife accepts me as a woman
and now i find she is asking me now days why i get changed back into my male clothes may be it's
becouse i appreciate what she thinks and her veiws on things in general and fears etc ?
Walk a mile in some one's else's shoes to under stand them - as the old saying goes!.

Brittany CD
02-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Well I really don't remember what my view of women was when I was 6..... But since I've always crossdressed..... I haven't changed my view one way or the other. Just like people in general there's good ones and bad ones.... So I view them as people. Prettier people.
I had a funny feeling you'd say something witty, Karren.

suit
02-03-2012, 07:56 PM
I have always had the greatest respect for women and always veiwed them as equal ,
and not a sex object like most of the neandathol males out there.
Walk a mile in some one's else's shoes to under stand them - as the old saying goes!.
I dont view them as equell, their not they make babies! you cant. value? win
there tougher,see above. win
stronger? nope
better at dealing with colds and flues? win
live longer ? win
mortalaty rates as children, win.
good at 4 demintional thinking, nope
good at spelling,dates,relation ships and keeping a hundred things in the air yup.win.
look at them as sexual being..every cell in them is about keeping the genitic line they came from alive, that inclues the mix of genetics they conspire to push forward in time after they can not. by existing they are sexual beings....win so what part of your genetics is not 99% neandathol picked by a woman ?
it is women's bodies that chose more than they know what load of genetics they want and they keep for the previouse 50,000+++ years (the last 0~5000 years being much more confussing) 5 conspiring females can kill any teenage male. that may be why they are so good at communiacations . if it is hard wired It has more to do with women than the males in the group. in hard times the unproductive ones got eaten. I imagine if the mortality rates for males children were a bit higher , we might have been kept outside on a chain like a dog, good for keeping bears at bay and entertainment. drones in a hive come to mind

DanaR
02-03-2012, 08:13 PM
I've always had a good appreciation of women. I think now I'm more aware of what they wear and how they look. I'm always commenting on someones clothes to my wife, and she'll say that she hadn't noticed whatever I mentioned.

Jane G
02-03-2012, 08:20 PM
Well I tried rock climbing once dressed and I now appreciate why there are so few women climbers.

Jenniferathome
02-03-2012, 08:22 PM
I appreciate them more. Women are a mystery. One I will never solve but will love trying

Annaliese2010
02-03-2012, 08:48 PM
"How has dressing affected your view of women?"

I don't think I understand them any better...maybe even less. For the M2F TG Lez that I am is anything but the reality & wonder that is a GG woman. Emerging from the same quantum stew as me & you, she is nevertheless constructed differently. As form follows function, so does Woman follow...what?...IDK. That's the point. Who Does if youre not one?

No disrespect but IMHO we must ever respect, value & appreciate our fundamental distinctions. From her sub-atomic structure to her ever precious goo...she's a googleplex times more special than the likes of me & you. It's so apparant to me, a self-evident truth. Perhaps even...an oxymoron, if you will...in the least derogatory meaning of the term...as well, of its more parochial counterpart, 'Duh?'. Gotta love em; and I do. Can't live without em. Who would even want to? Not I. Even when getting 'spanked' for misdeeds I may have unknowingly or at least unwittingly, stupidly, selfishly...Done. Sorry!

Melissa Cross
02-03-2012, 09:23 PM
My dressing has increased my respect for women. In addition to my respect for the effort they do regularly (shaving legs, make up, heels etc.), I really have become more sensitive to the discrimination they face. I have experienced what is like to be discriminated against because of my dressing and it has made me much more in favor of equal rights for women. We as Crossdressers can't go to certain places because of people's biases....women have been going through that for hundreds of years.

Genifer Teal
02-03-2012, 10:32 PM
There is so much women have to deal with every day. Appearance is just one area. It takes a lot of effort to look good all the time. Men's clothing hides a lot, women's clothing does not. It ius easy to feel naked in tight fitting clothes, especially a bikini (which you are practically naked in). Bare shoulders make you feel colder. I understand how something as simple as a "wrap" to cover your shoulders can keep you so much warmer.

Jacqueline Winona
02-03-2012, 10:36 PM
I appreciate how hard they work to get the "look" they want and understand why it takes them so long to get ready. And I understand why they are so attentive to details about appearances.

suchacutie
02-03-2012, 11:09 PM
One of the important changes that took place when my wife and I discovered Tina was the beginning of a whole new conversation about being a women and growing up as a girl, vs. being a man and growing up as a boy. Those conversations were deep and widespread and educated both of us as never before about the details of each gender including feelings, aspirations, and hopes. The change was nothing short of miraculous.

Maggey
02-04-2012, 12:22 AM
As a man I size up women albeit discreetly, which is a pretty natural thing for a guy to do. As a crossdresser I size up what they are wearing and wonder "where did she get those shoes and I wonder if they have my size".

GBJoker
02-04-2012, 12:48 AM
CD'ing has not effected my views on the female race in the slightest. My political and philosophical beliefs already demand that I treat and respect all peoples the same, so... CD'ing had no influence on my thoughts.

jillleanne
02-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Over the years I have come to accept and recognize the little differences we have. I no longer become impatient waiting for her, I know what it's like. I understand the hassle with bras, the same sizes that are not the same sizes, the makeup, the hair, the list goes on. Fortunately she notices I know this and is happy about it.

Gillian Gigs
02-04-2012, 10:14 AM
There is an old native proverb that says," never judge someone until you have walked a mile in their moccasins". In view of the fact that most of us have worn heels, and the whole nine yards, then we have a greater understanding and appreciation of women. Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. To many men are, neandathol males as Karren G says, and that hurts almost any cause, because of the lack of thinking, and having feelings for anything other than themselves. Alot of men have trouble getting in touch with their feelings, as they can seem confusing, etc. Maybe many CDers confuse their being in touch with their feelings as being feminine, where they are actually the "true" men that they should be. Somewhere out there a statement says, "it is the clothes that makes the man". Well, if that is true, then more men should wear a dress every now and then to remind them about the other half of the population, and how they live.

anouk
02-04-2012, 10:19 AM
I have always appreciated independent women and disliked women guided too much by estogen. I haven't changed my opinion/attitude much though I know pretty much more about the issue from the inner side as well.

Kaz
02-04-2012, 10:26 AM
The more I dress and pursue the path I am on the more I am totally in awe of everything female and feminine. I always felt differently from other guys and like Karren, looking back I knew early on I was different. Women are just awesome, unlike men who are largely arrogant, stupid and just ugly... yuck!

Cheryl T
02-04-2012, 04:21 PM
I have always appreciated women and the things that affect how they are viewed and how they view themselves. The weight struggles, trying to maintain what society believes to be the "ideal" shape and all that. And don't forget the struggle in the workplace to be equally recognized and rewarded.
I feel that I have always aligned myself with women in these areas due to my innate femininity.

Elana
02-04-2012, 05:01 PM
I've come to respect them a lot more, especially getting ready which takes a lot more time than a guy. And the makeup, fashion, poise, ettiquite, etc. Even though i still want to become more feminine because of it.

sonna
02-04-2012, 07:42 PM
i dont know what going on in my mind let alone someone elses.

but i appreciat what some have to go through to look as beautiful as they do.

Shananigans
02-04-2012, 08:10 PM
Well, as a GG, I thank you! And, I have to say I respect the TG girls. Let me tell you what...my SO spends so much time shaving, listening to my advice on makeup, and other things. She has to catch up to my 24 years of experience lickity-split. Mad props, because I know she isn't the only one doing this!

Jennifer B
02-04-2012, 10:30 PM
The obvious things are an understanding of the unrelenting nature of leg shaving and the difficultly in walking in heels for any length of time. (Like for instance, walking 3 miles home in 4inch heels whilst drunk.), but..

I can't say I understand the female mind much more. Sometimes, but if I'm honest not really. It has made me look at certain things differently though. Like when watching a movie and seeing a girl stranded on a desert island for weeks on end, who has perfect make-up and oil smooth hairless legs. Yeah right! Being a Woman is hard work.

Anna Lorree
02-04-2012, 11:23 PM
It has increased my respect for women, with regard to what they go through, and how they carry themselves in the world.

Anna

Aloha Jayne
02-05-2012, 12:49 AM
How has dressing affected my view of women?……completely! Woman are different animals. The way they look, the way they think. The clothes they wear, their emotions, their way of processing information. What they hope for, what they believe. When you really study what a guy is and what makes a woman, there are more differences than there are similarities it seems. But the fact that some of that different animal is also a part of me, makes my head spin.

I used to only look at women and wonder what they were wearing under what they were wearing. I used to think they held all the power on the planet. I used to laugh at how long it took them to get ready to go anywhere. They were my addiction and held 98% of my thoughts, both awake and sleeping.

Now I see them more as they see themselves. I see their fears and frustrations, they’re almost desperate need to be pretty. And I just love that cute outfit you’re wearing, where did you get it and do they have it in my size………oops, did I just say that?

I’ll never fully understand what it means to be a woman. And I don’t dare try to fool myself into thinking I ever will. But they are now my sisters, instead of just an object for my own gratification.