PDA

View Full Version : How do I know he/she will accept me?

Brittany CD
02-03-2012, 08:15 PM
My friends from high school had no problems with crossdressing and that always made me feel good. Since we all live in different cities now, I have no one to dress with

I've been wanting to tell people about my dressing for some time, but I am concerned about their reaction. I'd rather tell a female friend because I feel more comfortable being a girl with a GG. My relationships with people are very important to me and I don't want to lose any friend if they know I dress. I was with to people a week ago and a guy told me female friend and I about the time he and his friends made a bet and went to school dressed as girls and she was amused, which made me wonder if she would be alright with my secret hobby, which would be great because she's awesome and a good friend. What do you guys think? How should I come about telling my friends about my crossdressing and how do I find out their view on it?

Barbara Ella
02-03-2012, 08:43 PM
No way to know, you just have to go with your gut. You do have an in here. When you are together again, ask her about what your friend told her about going dressed. Hint about how her feeling might change if the friend had gone to more than one dance, or spent extra time at home before the dance in dress, or something like that. Her answers might give you some insight into her feelings. If nothing phases her, you just expand the conversation to how would she feel if she know you had gone to a dance in dress,and maybe makeup, and go from there.

Any way you do it, you are out there on the end of the limb, and the person you are entrusting with your deepest secret can either pull you in or cut the limb. I am betting on the friend coming through for you.

Babes

Ellyn
02-03-2012, 10:35 PM
I would not do anything unless it is brought up by her. Her amusement about a couple of guys dressing up on a bet is not an indicator of her having an acceptance of crossdressing. You cannot know what her reaction will be until it happens, and it could go either way. She could be over-joyed or even on the other hand, repulsed. Don't take the chance of ruining a good relationship. We have seen several people who have faced a relationship disaster brought on by telling "their secret" when they thought it would work out well.

Jacqueline Winona
02-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Just try to get to know her and read her reactions to different things. I suspect you're like a lot of us and are wondering if her acceptance is something you want so badly that you don't trust your instincts. Just try to think things through, when you have time to really sit back and think, and trust your instincts. Hope this helps! :hugs:

docrobbysherry
02-04-2012, 01:39 AM
U know what they say, Katie? The only 2 sure things in life r: death, and taxes. And, now I find out some folks don't pay taxes!

No guarantees in life, hun! Play your best hunch and hope it works out!

Nelson
02-04-2012, 01:53 AM
you can't be serious? You can evaluate people better than that? Sweetness, the opportunity of moving to a new city was the opportunity to cross dress from the word go. Be yourself for your sake .... you don't need approval, you don't need to "change" for someone. Sail by your stars and one day the stars will lead you to happiness. One individual ... that's you, the rest is foam in the wake of a great journey

Joanne f
02-04-2012, 06:56 AM
There is no guarantee that they will accept it you have to try and make a judgement on the type of people you think they are and by the things they say taking into account that people will say things about a stranger that they may not apply to a friend or loved one , but i think females are inclined to accept it more in a friend than males are as males may take into account how it will effect their macho image so the more macho they seam the less likely they may be to accept it .

jillleanne
02-04-2012, 08:56 AM
You have no way of knowing, period. What you need to concentrate is not whether they will accept you but rather, you accepting you. Once you can do that, it matters not what they think in the big picture. Friends come and go over the years to follow. Your gender enhancements will not so concentrate on accepting yourself and let your friends decide for themselves who they want as friends for whatever reason.

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-04-2012, 10:29 AM
This is just my opinion so take it for whatever it's worth, if they are friends than they will be OK with you anyway you choose to present. If they are just people in your life than maybe it will be a problem. I may be cynical in my older age but I have only one true friend, my wife. I can always rely on her for everything, the rest of my "friends" I really don't know. We use the term "friend" too loosely in my humble opinion so be careful with how you approach that.