PDA

View Full Version : for those that want to know to tell kids or not maybe this will help

Kari Lynn Franks
02-04-2012, 12:06 AM
My Daughter is 25 now and she is a writer ive always been honest about being a cder since she was very young dressed in front of her and everything well ive always wondered how she truely felt well she wrote a poem that brought me to tears here it is:

"Him and Her"

Raised not by one, or two, but three
Howerver strange for others to see
None of them affect what it is to me
Because my greatest influence what not him, but she

He projected anger, she projected love
He held me back, she pulled me above
He could be rough, while she was like a dove
He didnt get females, she fit them like a glove

Now dont get me wrong, I care for each one
Its simply he was hardend, but she was like the sun
He and she the same person until it was done
Because at the end of it all, it was she who had won.

"For my dad, a crossdresser who has taught me much about tolerance and love. "

all I can say is WOW

LeaP
02-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Very beautiful, Carrie.

Lea

Michelle V
02-04-2012, 12:14 AM
You clearly have done a great job raising your kid, congratulations Carrie, it is people like you and instances like this that give the rest of us strenght to continue being true to ourselves, Thanks. Michelle

Teddie
02-04-2012, 07:03 AM
:daydreaming::daydreaming::love::love:

Raychel
02-04-2012, 07:16 AM
Very beautiful poem.

Laura912
02-04-2012, 08:24 AM
Please give your daughter a huge hug. Sorry, keyboard a little blurry right now.
Laura

Longing2be-Trisha
02-04-2012, 08:41 AM
Hi Carrie!

You have a great Daughter! Give her a BIG HUG!

Hugs

Silentpartner GG SO
02-04-2012, 08:45 AM
What a special daughter you have Carrie, and how well you have raised her.

suzy1
02-04-2012, 09:07 AM
I can’t remember the last time I have been so moved Carrie.

Thank you for letting us share this.

SUZY

Jennifer Cox
02-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Wonderful - obviously loves you very much! :)

Joann Smith
02-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Thats "FREAKING AWSOME"

TxKimberly
02-04-2012, 10:23 AM
Awe . . . give her a hug for all of us fathers would ya'?

Marleena
02-04-2012, 10:25 AM
Now that is a special daughter. Wonderful story/poem, she did you proud.:)

wildsylph
02-04-2012, 10:26 AM
That was deep, I had thoughts about t raising a child and being a cd/transgenderist. And what to expect. Thank you for sharing.

morgan51
02-04-2012, 10:41 AM
That's beautiful thankyou so much for sharing that with us, you have an awsome daughter.

larry
02-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Darn you .. How am I supposed to keep reading now until I clean my eyes..

PretzelGirl
02-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Exceptional! It does show that it doesn't matter what the presentation is, but who we are. Your daughter certainly sees that. :love:

Brenda Freeman
02-04-2012, 01:05 PM
Wonderful poem, clearly she has wonderful memories of you growing up and a deep appreciation for who you are! You must have so much fun together congratulations.

karenlong
02-04-2012, 01:09 PM
very very sweet, evidently you raised her correctly, wish i could hug her and tell her how wonderful that poem was

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-04-2012, 01:24 PM
They say "the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree", you both must be wonderful people. My congrats on raising one heck of a daughter. Now leave me alone for a while so I can dry my eyes.

kimdl93
02-04-2012, 01:28 PM
That is remarkable testimony to what a great daughter you have and what a great parent you are.

Kari Lynn Franks
02-05-2012, 01:34 PM
thanks for all the most beautifull coments yes I am a very proud daddy/mommy and to me the neatest thing is is my wife is not jealous of sharing that roll with me I have a beautifull 5 yr old grandaughter who love her special paw paw we have pictures of the both of us dressed in dresses and haveing a tea party and ive even picked her up from school in a skirt and she comes running and jumps in my lap my daughters ex was very parochial and dominating, full of anger and lacks the ability to even try to understand the differences in people he was sure she would hate me because i wear dresses well when he was out of the picture 8 moths ago my daughter said it was ok that she knows well we knew she knew she has a different paw paw she has seen the nails and the earings and pictures seen by accident by her mother she is a very smart girl and she already knewthanks again for all the coments this site means alot to me

Kim_Bitzflick
02-05-2012, 03:58 PM
Thanks for sharing. That is beautiful. It seems to me she loves you unconditionally.

charlytuna
02-05-2012, 04:46 PM
wow what a beautiful poem I just wish I had the courage to tell my children. I still don't have the streanth to tell them even though I sure they know but I just can not say to them that I am a crossdresser. I think that I afraid if I tell them I will never see my grandkids and that I don'tthink I can live without

Barbara Ella
02-05-2012, 07:55 PM
thank you so much for sharing this Carrie. I know my wife and i are struggling with telling our daughters. We never know their inner strengths until they chose to let us in. Beautiful

Babes

Kari Lynn Franks
02-12-2012, 12:46 AM
thank you so much for sharing this Carrie. I know my wife and i are struggling with telling our daughters. We never know their inner strengths until they chose to let us in. Beautiful

Babes

baby steps im here anytime you need advice just send me a privet message
huggs Kari

Rachel Flowers
02-12-2012, 03:28 AM
We haven't yet told the kids, Mrs F is worried and there are bigger fish to fry right now - my wife's cervical cancer treatment starting this week - but I agree that children cope with this fine. They get it. This is another imaginary friend who needs to come out to play sometimes.

Except kids know imaginary friends are real psychological entities, not some made-up excuse for naughtiness. We adults forget that.

MarcyRex
02-12-2012, 09:13 AM
That is very inspiring. My girls(16&12), I strongly suspect know of my alternate persona, but we are waiting for Mom to be comfortable enough to come out of my closet. I don't hide it well, well, I don't just keep it out of sight. The shoes under the bed, dresses in my closet, occasional forgotten articles in the laundry. Only a little effort to discover and let them make up thier own minds when they are ready. No open discussion but have skirted the topic. (Pun intended!)

Annaliese2010
02-12-2012, 03:58 PM
I'd just add that IMHO it would be horrible to tell a young child, no matter the why's or wherefores of one's CD'ing.

Kari Lynn Franks
02-14-2012, 02:33 PM
Well I'm sorry you feel that way and I don't appreciate your comment, but you are entitled to your own opinion. Everyone deals with situations in their own way, and my family just so happens to love me enough to want to understand me(even my 5 year old grandaughter). This poem is a testimate to that.
I'd just add that IMHO it would be horrible to tell a young child, no matter the why's or wherefores of one's CD'ing.

Kari Lynn Franks
02-14-2012, 02:35 PM
by the way what is IMHO?

PretzelGirl
02-16-2012, 07:02 AM
IMHO - In My Humble Opinion