PDA

View Full Version : Video yesteryear

Kate Simmons
02-04-2012, 06:36 PM
I recently re-discovered a VHS tape I had made about 30 years ago of myself in various outfits in full femme dancing to different pop songs. Before I watched it I didn't think it would look so good but I was pleasantly surprised. Except for being a bit rough around the edges wig wise I looked pretty damn good. The amazing part is that at that time my CDing was secretive and I was totally living on the dege even making those tapes. Guess I was really meant to do this. Some things do get better with age however and nowadays I'm not quite as wired but rather calm being myself.;):battingeyelashes::)

Alice Torn
02-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Very interesting! That would be fun.

J-Lynn
02-05-2012, 12:22 AM
I have been taking video since the beginning although the early years vhs tape, and some others have been destroyed I have the past 4 years encrypted on my computer. It is intersting to see how you evolve, for instance I just recently as of 6 months ago shaved all my chest hair and started to keep the hair on my legs very short. I still have the facial hair and very short head hair.

Ava Tryptyk
02-05-2012, 05:17 AM
30 years from now, I too would love to have evidence of how I looked like when dressed at my current age. Things like that are always fun to look back on.
Good job on keeping the tape for so long! Do you have many of these kind of tapes stored away through the years, or was this one of the only ones?

Kate Simmons
02-05-2012, 06:30 PM
I was surprised it held up all of this time. It was hidden under insulation in the cellar and wasn't even in a bag. The Beta tapes I transferred them from are long gone. I think I used the tapes as feedback for presentation , moves and character development feedback.Basically, I've been this person all of my life. It's pretty much who I would be if I was a girl from the get go.:)

Barbara Ella
02-05-2012, 07:28 PM
It must be so reassuring to find those tapes and realize that they reaffirm the decisions you have made. Congratulations. My only regret is that I probably not be around in 30 years to see what I looked like when I first started.... Oh well, life is for the present, and as long as we are having fun, no worries.

Babes

BLUE ORCHID
02-05-2012, 10:47 PM
Hi Abigail, Not Video but Last week I got out three packs of 35mm pictures
that are over 25years old back when I was in my early mid 40's.
Some of them looked pretty D good .