PDA

View Full Version : First time out in WA

Rochelle
02-04-2012, 07:43 PM
Wow! Last night was the first time that I have been out in public fully dressed and it was an amazing experience that I will not soon forget. It was everything I had hoped and wished for and even more.
I was careful and calculated in my choice of venues for my first outing and chose a local night club that I knew was CD friendly. I had actually scouted the place out a few weeks back in male mode just to see what it was like. Without going into too much detail I got dressed and my loving wife did a great job with my make-up and wig. It took me a little longer than expected to get ready so I was running a little late, and with out much hesitation out the door I went for the first time. I got to the club and took a deep breath; I got out of the car and walked right into the club. I knew the gurls were going to be in the lounge area of the club so I just walked in and sat down on the couch with all the rest of the gurls.:battingeyelashes:
It was an awesome night filled with new friendships, dancing drinking, pictures, flirting, and even a scary admirer to top it all off. I found the coolest group of people who welcomed me with open arms, showed me a good time and even watched my back when needed. It’s so cool to have girlfriends!
We closed the club down and I made it home safe, my wife was waiting up for me when I got home so I stayed dressed for another hour and we had a night cap together before I put Rochelle to bed. I am so happy about my first time out and how it went. It was really nice to have a safe place to go and also to meet some very nice people, there is some amazing networking going on thanks to this and also local web sites, making it possible for us all to connect. What a beautiful thing!
Great first experience out and I can’t wait for the next time I go out and have some fun with my new girl friends! :daydreaming:

Melissa Cross
02-04-2012, 09:38 PM
Great story, congratulations and 'm glad you had a great time! I bet your already planning another night out.

Missy Tanya
02-06-2012, 12:00 AM
Ok, girlfriend!! Where was my invite?? Oh it's OK this time. So happy for you and I told you those girls were great. Sorry I pestered you that night in drab. Just kidding. But the look on your face was worth it.. LolBut really next time drop me a invite. Tanya's been cooped up way too long.

Hugs, Tanya

DanaR
02-06-2012, 01:11 AM
Rochelle, that is so cool. I'm glad that you had a good time. Maybe one of these days, I'll get a chance to get up to the north end.

Eryn
02-06-2012, 01:14 AM
Congratulations on that big first step. As you now know the hardest thing is just getting there. Once you are in the situation things are much easier, particularly when you have friendly folks around you.

Lynn Marie
02-06-2012, 01:17 AM
Hey Rochelle you were simply amazing. Absolutely fearless, or at least you covered it up well. We were all very happy to meet you and look forward to your next time at "girls night out". Nice going. You just blew the closet door off it's hinges!

kimdl93
02-06-2012, 09:14 AM
That's great, Rochelle. Isn't it great to overcome self imposed boundaries!

linda allen
02-06-2012, 09:19 AM
That would be great to actually have a CD friendly place to go. The best I've been able to do is drive and walk around town, buy gas, etc.

Tell me though, why didn't your wife go with you?

Marie-Elise
02-06-2012, 10:55 AM
Terrific story and night. I am curious why your wife didn't join you.

Evie08
02-06-2012, 11:13 PM
Rochelle,

We are so glad to welcome you to our Everett community. Please let your wife know, she will be equally welcome, should she choose to ever join you.

Rochelle
02-07-2012, 09:03 PM
Thanks everyone for your warm welcome and nice comments!
It was a night I will never forget and ranks right on up there with some of the more exciting things I have done. I felt pretty comfortable out there, but I owe much of that too all of the planning, preparation, and practice that I did before I went out. I had a few moments where I got pretty nervous, like parking my car and walking in the club. I fumbled with my purse and showing my ID at the door, but made it to the safe haven of the girls lounge and the fun started.
Before I answer “why didn’t your wife go with you?” let me say that I am very aware that I am a lucky person to have such a loving and supporting wife. She helped me so much getting ready, shopping for make-up and cloths, styling the wig, facial including waxing my brows, putting my make-up on twice, coaching and most of all giving me her unconditional love and support. My wife is special and I cherish her!
My wife stayed home with our 6 year old daughter so that I could have my first night out, we have been without a babysitter for awhile. I was late getting to the club because I wanted to put my daughter to bed before I got dressed and I also wanted my wife’s help and final approval. This was a huge confidence booster, everything was good at home.
I wish that my wife could have been there for my first time out; I left knowing that she wanted to go, but was cool with our plans for the evening. What a joy to return home to a happy wife. We have hopes of going out together soon; we just need to find a babysitter! (I will let her respond to the invitations since she is on this site too) We have open communication about the future and the need for balance along with the understanding that I need to express. She gets that I am cd/tg and that it’s an increasingly important part of my life, not likely to go away. This is new ground for both of us and it’s important to take it easy.

I smile :)and I should!