PDA

View Full Version : Personas

KlaireLarnia
02-05-2012, 03:56 PM
I am courious about something.

We all dress for our own reasons. Some are similar and some are not. I often see people mention about "Guy Mode" and "En Femme" (Girl Mode). While I do not do the whole En Femme thing (i.e wig, make-up, nails Etc.), I wonder if people have distinct personalities when in each "mode". So do you change your behaviours and attitudes to suit depending on how you are dressed?

So for example you may be very laid back and laddish in guy mode but when dressed in a dress, wig and make-up for example do you become more prim and proper. Do your tastes for things change such as reading books or magazines, or watching tv? Or are you exactly the same in both modes?

I see myself having a split personality as I am Gemini, but these parts make a whole. I am the same person no matter what I wear. I laugh at the same things, I act the same way, I do nothing different in terms of who I am and my personality. I understand the two parts of me, and how they work together to make the person I am and always have been.

I hope that makes some sense as to what I am trying to ask and why.

K

Laura912
02-05-2012, 05:15 PM
Picture the Rockies and then the Applachians. Not dressed...Rockies. Dressed...Applachians. Dressing smooths my behavior a little but at the foundation, is still the same person.
Laura

RenneB
02-05-2012, 05:41 PM
Now that's an interesting thought.... Nope, my brain is really female oriented and it's been pretty much a female brain ever since I was born. Over the years, with an onslaught of "come on let's go watch football" from the 'guys' I've been steadily going over to the female side in my outward preferences...

Most of the time it's still a battle between what I'm 'supposed to' watch to what I want to watch... Girl, I just love the shopping channels on tv and really enjoy the pop music on the radio... which are typical 'girl' things to watch right?

So kind of ... yea.. that's what I mean...

Renne.....

Does this sound like I'm a little confused? You bet. However, when 'enfemmode' with my limited time, I tend to go out and about for shopping for anything from clothes to groceries...

How's that?

Missy
02-05-2012, 05:46 PM
for me I am the same person
I have noticed that I am calmer when wearing a bra then when I am not
wife at times can tell and when I am stressed she will just say to me
I love you now go put a bra on

Richelle423
02-05-2012, 05:57 PM
I am calmer when dressed and I prefer to drink tea than beer.I am more emfeminate than in male mode.I seem to be in a more sane mind.

Kate Simmons
02-05-2012, 06:09 PM
Nope. If anything I'm really more "butch" en femme so to speak. I'm one of those feisty gals who has no problem kicking butt.;):)

suchacutie
02-05-2012, 07:10 PM
Different??? Absolutely! Tina is completely fastidious, left handed (right-handed as a male), voice changes, body movement changes, perspective changes.... It just goes on and on. Before Tina existed I was a mix. As time goes on the separation becomes more understood.

In fact, there is no interest in being the same at all. My wife explains it: Same data set with a completely different application.

Works for us!

Barbara Ella
02-05-2012, 07:41 PM
I get more relaxed when i am in any external female dress. I have not gone full en femme long enough or nearly often enough to begin to notice any personality developing, but just give it time I guess (or hope).

Babes

Raychel Torn
02-05-2012, 09:10 PM
I am very different when dressed. I can relax and I become much more passive. My wife will often say "You know, sometimes I like you better then your dressed." Thats a two edged statement but I really do understand what she means. I process the world differently when I am dressed.

Maggey
02-05-2012, 11:27 PM
I'm a little calmer, more relaxed and feel more like myself, when I en femme. But I remain myself, the same person no matter what I am wearing.

DanaR
02-05-2012, 11:31 PM
I'm the same either way. No changes here.

KellyJameson
02-05-2012, 11:45 PM
For me it depends on the circumstances, if I'm enfemme among friends that is when my true persona is displayed because I than look on the outside how I always feel on the inside but if I'm enfemme around people I do not know I'm guarded and in drab I'm always guarded because otherwise I act to effeminate and this can make some people hostile. By myself nothing changes, I'm the same person regardless of how I dress but I understand why for many that is not true and actually envy them a little bit because I think this shows a healthy balance between two opposites instead of my extreme form.

Karren H
02-05-2012, 11:48 PM
My personal doesn't change when I change clothes... Just my looks.

Lynn Marie
02-06-2012, 01:23 AM
Other folks have noted that I'm definitely softer and more feminine when dressed. I just automaticaly keep my knees together, back straight, belly sucked in, chest out, and my head up. My walk has a little sway to it, and my hand movements are much more relaxed and loose.

My basic values naturally stay the same, just presented in a gentler way.

Marleena
02-06-2012, 01:32 AM
Klaire, in girl mode I act, think and feel femme. In guy mode it really changes, typical male. Since my wife knows I'm TG she's the only one that gets a blend of both.

I learned at an early age to hide any feminine traits and do the guy act in public or around people. I'm probably in the minority here though.

jilliannichols
02-06-2012, 02:08 AM
I find myself(lves?) compartmentalizing more and more.As jillian I am more at ease,at least when in a "sphere of comfort".Sometimes I just have to put on my big girl panties and fake it but I end up relaxed enough that my limited voice skills tend to lapse.Everything seems to have an elemental duality to it.Its about learning to handle these double edged swords properly,I suppose.Are we presenting or obscuring when enfemme?Yes....

Sammy777
02-06-2012, 02:53 AM
Tina is left handed (right-handed as a male)

I think this is the first time I have ever seen that.
That is quite fascinating.
Were you always ambidextrous or is this something new?

noeleena
02-06-2012, 04:24 AM
Hi,

Allways been the same female from birth. with a male part as well , I S . did not relate to males tho worked under them just did not like all males things a blend of both & i cant seperate male from female in how i think. a bit strange in some ways yet im just accepted as a female / woman. & haveing people know your background really has been a great help.

One of the interesting things is being able in part to have lived like a male in some ways that has helped me to understand something of how a male thinks & what makes him tick tho not in all ways as a true male ,

As a woman or very early in my life i understood more about & what made a female the way she is & that helped me to grow as a female / woman in the true sence of what makes who i am as a woman,

So being I S is what keeped me sane in who i am as a person ,I still had issues & things going on just not about wether i was male / female.

...noeleena...

Vickie_CDTV
02-06-2012, 05:04 AM
Actually, I do become more prim and proper as a woman. I hold myself differently, sit differently, walk differently, and I try to project a nice polished professional image as a woman. As a guy I am just, well... a laid back "guy", sit however I want, don't really care much about what I wear, etc.

One big difference when I am dressed and when I am presenting as a male is vulnerability. I feel so much more vulnerable en femme and it is something I am really not used to a male. In private it can be a nice feeling, but when out in public it always makes me a bit uneasy and a bit nervous. I clutch my purse tight, I keep my arms close to me (a defensive posture) and avoid getting too close to strangers.

JessicaM1985
02-06-2012, 05:25 AM
I pretty much act the same way either mode. I'm no girly girl and like being one of the guys, but I feel more girl than guy inside and prefer to express myself that way. Hard to be "one of the guys" when you aren't really one. I consider myself something of a butch female.

My interest in heavy music and crazy antics remains the same. I have noticed that I take more time and interest in grooming though. I can't be caught dead with my hair on the fritz and get bummed when my nail polish chips.

Renee W
02-06-2012, 07:35 AM
I do tend to act slightly different en femme compared to guy mode. It's mostly just the mannerism, since I am wearing a dress or a skirt and it just wouldn't be proper to do the things my usual guy way. An example happened just the other night, I was putting a movie in the DVD player while being totally dresses (skirt, heels, wig, etc.). Normally I would just bend over, or maybe kneel on just one knee. But the other night, I gently went down on both knees, straightening my skirt at the same time so as not to expose myself, acting very lady-like. Another example would be when I take the dogs out for their business. If it's raining or snowing, in guy mode I don't care, may put on a jacket but that's it. When dressed, even if the rain is light, I grab an umbrella.

kimdl93
02-06-2012, 08:52 AM
No I don't have two personas. I am me, regardless of how I happen to be dressed.

Jenniferathome
02-06-2012, 08:58 AM
I'm more calm when dressed but I can go with the flow more easily because I have being dressed to think about, so traffic, mall crowds, don't both me I'm the same person. I'd watch football in a dress.

blancanieves
02-19-2012, 11:40 PM
Hi,
I find myself acting a lot more soft and emotional while I am dress up which is ok with my Girlfriend. She likes to see a different persona in me. She does not like an in between person, which is fine with me. That is how I feel anyway. When I am a guy I like to do men things like bodybuilding and watch fights. When I am dress up I am very girly and like to see myself in the mirror being sexy. :)

erickka
02-20-2012, 06:16 AM
Picture the Rockies and then the Applachians. Not dressed...Rockies. Dressed...Applachians. Dressing smooths my behavior a little but at the foundation, is still the same person.
Laura

I guess this sums it up for me too! Thanks, Laura.

Jessica86
02-20-2012, 07:04 AM
Oh yes. I do. Jessica is opposite of what I normally am. She is everything I strive to be, but can't because of who I am in male mode. I love dressing, making the switch, and changing tastes. I can't even eat the same food as her! LOL. I should dress more often, so I eat healthier.

latanya
02-20-2012, 07:14 AM
i don't get to dress much except for occasional makeover. i am usually in what i call integrated mode which is i do just enough for my fem side wearing undergarments(bra, panties, hose), woman's riding boots, and some makeup(mascara,lip gloss) and on the outside i am male. when i am like this i definitely have a different personality. i am friendlier, more aware of my surroundings, more open, more sensitive,more assertive and definitely a lot more fun to be around.