PDA

View Full Version : Made me giggle

Princess Jen
02-05-2012, 04:03 PM
So I thought I'd share this little tidbit from the other day. I'm not quite 24/7 yet, that will happen later this year, it's getting harder and harder for me to pretend I'm a boy though.

So anyway, I had just finished eating lunch and was walking back downstairs to leave the restaurant. The pathway was narrow and there was an employee wiping down the tables who was blocking my way. His back was to me so I just said "excuse me", he stepped to the side and without turning to look at me, said "excuse me sir".

Then I smiled and walked past him and as soon as he saw me he said "Err, ma'am! I'm really sorry about that." I didn't want to make any more trouble for the man who just paid me the compliment that made my week so I just smiled again and continued on. I was so giddy for the rest of the day!

It's not uncommon for someone to call me ma'am and then correct that to sir whilst in "boy mode" but this was definitely a welcome first.

Kristy_K
02-05-2012, 04:25 PM
That would make me feel good also. .

Midnight Skye
02-05-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm sooo not surprised this is happening to you with the way you look! I am curious how he thought you were male in the first place, was it the way you were dressed? Your hair is undeniably female along with your butt... I presume anyone checking out your backside assumes your female! But when hitting you face on the sudden lack of breasts must hit them with confusion ;-)

I don't think I've had it happen that way around, first assuming male then going with female (scratches head). I guess I have had it happen on the phone (snicker)... my voice training got out of control over the last two years and my default mode is usually female which causes insurance confusion since I answer to my real name (ohhh yes that's me!) but then they get confused because it clearly says Mr Midnight in their paperwork.... you get the picture.

The funnest mistake had to have been the dentist office for my wisdom tooth removal. I filled out the forms then sat down. Nurse came out and called for Miss Midnight... three times looking at me. I was in shock because I had a male buttonup and slacks with no nubbins hiding anywhere. Apparently I had too much foundation and put a bit more than a touch of blush on that morning (/faceslap. After the third call she panicked and starting looking through the forms... finding my male box checked... I don't know who was blushing more her or me ;-).

I'd be currious to hear of your other endevors... sounds like you've probably had some fun ones ;-) And thanks for the morning giggle!

Princess Jen
02-05-2012, 05:45 PM
I'm sooo not surprised this is happening to you with the way you look! I am curious how he thought you were male in the first place, was it the way you were dressed? Your hair is undeniably female along with your butt... I presume anyone checking out your backside assumes your female! But when hitting you face on the sudden lack of breasts must hit them with confusion ;-)

I don't think I've had it happen that way around, first assuming male then going with female (scratches head). I guess I have had it happen on the phone (snicker)... my voice training got out of control over the last two years and my default mode is usually female which causes insurance confusion since I answer to my real name (ohhh yes that's me!) but then they get confused because it clearly says Mr Midnight in their paperwork.... you get the picture.

The funnest mistake had to have been the dentist office for my wisdom tooth removal. I filled out the forms then sat down. Nurse came out and called for Miss Midnight... three times looking at me. I was in shock because I had a male buttonup and slacks with no nubbins hiding anywhere. Apparently I had too much foundation and put a bit more than a touch of blush on that morning (/faceslap. After the third call she panicked and starting looking through the forms... finding my male box checked... I don't know who was blushing more her or me ;-).

I'd be currious to hear of your other endevors... sounds like you've probably had some fun ones ;-) And thanks for the morning giggle!

Thanks! That dentist office story made me laugh! As for why that employee thought I was male, I said excuse me in my boy voice and he answered sir before turning to look.

I do have another funny tale from the last time I went out in "boy mode" to the racetrack (to drag race, and I don't mean in high heels :tongueout). There aren't that many women who race and the ones that do tend to be surrounded by pesky guys.

Anyway, I was sitting in my car with my helmet on and the window down and this guy came up to me, beer in hand and said "do my eyes deceive me or are you a girl?" I just said "nope" in my best boy voice and watched his reaction. It seemed pretty clear that he was caught off guard, his reply was something like "Oh! Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...uhhhhhhhhhhhh....What kind of car is that?". :doh:

And I believe this was on the same night, there were 2 adorable little girls sitting in the stands that would cheer and wave to me as I drove back to the starting lanes. After the 3rd time I went by, I heard one of them say "he's cool!" and then the other girl replied "It's a GIRL!". :D

Traci Elizabeth
02-05-2012, 10:37 PM
Those are both funny stories and I am sure you will have many more to come.

Myself, I wore male clothes until I could no longer hide my breasts while letting my hair grow out. So I went from androgynous one day to being female 24/7 the next.
I use to get called ma'am even before I started transition as I have always looked very feminine and my physical body was/is very female in appearance anyway, as well as thin and curvy. And after going from a 36 ZERO to a 36C and wearing tops that show my cleavage, their is only one thing people see - a woman.

But I did have my embarrassing moments before I had all my legal documents changed to my new name and correct gender - Female.

Hope
02-06-2012, 03:34 AM
I didn't get my name changed legally until about 5 months into full-time. (Don't ask) So of course my boy name was on my cards, but my presentation was ALL girl... I distinctly remember the first time I had a clerk look at my card and say "Ummm... Ma'm... the name on this card is "Bob/Carl/Tim/Mike/Steve/Whoever." To which I replied "only for a few more weeks." He smiled, ran my card and asked what I was changing my name to... It was magical and horrifying all at the same time.

Aprilrain
02-06-2012, 09:37 AM
Hope, I have a similar story. Over the summer went out of town for a trans conference. I went in to the hotel to get us a room. "I just need to see some ID ma'am", I handed him my DL and he looked at it then said, um this isnt you......is it?? At that point in my life the picture on my DL was probably 5 years old! So not even very representative of what I looked like as a male before I started transition, let alone as a female. I just said, it's me I'm getting it changed next month.

Traci Elizabeth
02-06-2012, 10:34 AM
I have one for you.

I had to fly to another state to have my court hearing for my name change (don't ask).

As I was standing in the beginning of the security line at the airport (where you have to show ID to move on to the physical check of you and you carry on items) with a lot of people behind me, the TSA officer took my driver's license and my plane ticket. Studied it then looked back up at me and said "who is this - you are not a male Miss? Well with all the people behind me, I leaned forward and said in a very soft voice, "it's me." Then I handed him my pre-trial court documents and my "carry letter" from my doctor.

He looked at them then said. Just a minute ma'am. He then called over another TSA officer who also looked at everything and kept looking at me. Then they called the supervisor over and gave him all of my documents. Now three of them are standing there. And out of nowhere a forth officer comes over to see that the issue was.

In the mean time, the line behind me was getting longer and people were getting frustrated and of course wondering what the heck was going on. And who was I?

The supervisor, handed me back the documents, and said, "thank you ma'am " and leaned forward and told the original officer "it's OK let her through" and the first officer asked, "are you sure?" The supervised responded with a simple yes.

So now everyone behind me are really staring at me. I move forward and by this time all the people who were in front of me had already been screened. So here I come all by myself up to the security machine and sure enough, the alarm goes off. They had me go back out and remove my belt which I did. The alarm went off a second time and I was asked to step back out. I had large earrings on the the officer ask me to remove my earrings and rings. Which I did, I went threw the third time, and YEP the alarm goes off again.

This time the officer asked me to step around the screening machine and and to stand on the two footprints on the floor. Then he hollowed, I need a female check.

Well here comes this female TSA officer who should have been a linebacker on one of the pro teams. She explained what she was going to do (and mind you my breast were fairly large and I was wearing a casual female top that showed a lot of cleavage.

I had to stand there with my arms stretched out while all the passengers who were behind me at the first check point were staring at me. The female TSA officer told me she was going to inspect my breast area with the backside of her palms and showed me exactly what she was going to do about 6" away from me. I said OK, and sure enough I had my first breast pat down. Then she checked med from the waist up.

Next she explained that she was going to check between my legs with the back of her hands. I said OK (while praying to the good Lord that she not find my junk - thank goodness I was tucked really good) and she proceeded to check both of my legs and my inner thighs up to my crotch. She then took swaps from my shoes and tested them in the machine that checks for explosives.

She told me I could put my arms down and she handed me my shoes that were originally in a tray and said simply, "Thank you ma'am."

Well yes it is true that I wondered on the entire flight if any of the passengers had been behind me and watching me very carefully that I did not do anything suspicious.

End of story (yes, I had my court date and yes I got everything I wanted).

Sammy777
02-06-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm not quite 24/7 yet, that will happen later this year

Cute story and congrats on your next big step :)

Here in NJ 99.95% of the time SA's don't ask for ID for Debt/CC purchases and you get used to that.
So here are two from both side of the fence. Shows what can happen with a smile and a quick wit.

1) Drabish, ponytail, no makeup, jeans/t-shirt. Yes I know I was totally being one of "those girls", lol.
Shopping. Pay for it with my/"her" card. Who's card is this? Mine :| ...... Oh uh sorry maam.

2) Shopping, not dressed like I rolled out of bed this time.
Rather large purchase, use "his" card. Again who's card? Mine :) Husband's? No mine.
I think this could go on forever, so I think [oh f+ck it] and just hand her my [his] ID.
She looks at the ID, the CC, me, ID, me. OMG really? Yes. :) Cooool! :lol:

Princess Jen
02-06-2012, 10:03 PM
End of story (yes, I had my court date and yes I got everything I wanted).

I'm so glad everything worked out. That sounds terrifying! :eek:

Midnight Skye
02-06-2012, 10:41 PM
That does sound terrifying... but on the bright side I bet it felt really good to get through it all as Miss Elizabeth!!!

Sammy I laughed hard reading yours too... Cashiers can be lots of fun ;-)

Nyana
02-24-2012, 09:54 AM
And the question is : What you drive at the drag race :p ?

Empress Lainie
02-24-2012, 11:52 AM
I went full time in one day. But had been called ma'am for a long time since I wore long blonde or red wigs. I remember I was dancing at a piano bar before my transition (maybe 3 or 4 months), and the pianist said, looking at me: "Look at that pretty girl." Since I was still too dumb to know yet I was really female, I danced over to him and whispered: "I'm a guy." After my transition I was there many times and he always respected as a woman.

Then the day after I got my new DL with F on it I went into the hospital for a pacemaker change out. They processed me as female, and I explained to the admitting clerk that I was born male and the medicare still had to be billed as male; she understood. So when the nurse started on my medical history, she got a way down and said: "Have you had a hysterectomy?" I told her softly that I was trans. She said: "I wondered, but didn't want to go there."

EnglishRose
02-24-2012, 12:46 PM
I got called "Miss" in boy mode for the first time ever last weekend. My god the euphoria! I had to do several happy dances after that. :p

Ain't gonna happen for a while again, but for one moment in time though, I was on cloud 9. :)