PDA

View Full Version : On the Town

Lauren Richards
10-30-2005, 02:27 AM
My SO arranged a couple of days away for us, and we traveled to a nearby little tourist town about an hour away. I had as much luggage as she did, as I was needing more than just my usual extra pair of socks and shorts. She knew what was in the extra bag, and was ready to go along with what I had planned, too.

We had a nice dinner after arriving in the small town, located on a waterway. As we walked back thru the nearly empty streets to the Lodge, she asked what I wanted to do. I told her I wanted to get changed and go out again, so we went to our room and I spent the next hour getting ready. I asked her to pick out my lipstick, and to pick which pair of shoes she thought would be best. She watched the television and I would occasionally appear to give her a running view of the transformation.

When I was done, I was wearing a pair of black pants and a red top with a black jacket. She was wearing jeans and a black hooded sweatshirt. We headed out, purses over our shoulders, down the hall and out the side door. Just a couple of tourist gals wandering the streets. I was the tall one.

It was not very late, so it was very safe and very normal, but all the same, there were really not very many people out. That was ok, too. We walked the entire lenght of the main street, looking into the closed shops, going in the post office, and just having a wonderful time.

We were out about an hour, and returned to the lodge just as it began to rain a little. We went thru the lobby together, and she cheerfully greeted the clerk as we went up the stairs to our room. I just smiled and kept walking. A couple of guests returning from an evening walk. No big deal.

When we got back to the room, I thought it a shame to waste the opportunity of being all dressed up, so I tried on a few of the skirts I had brought along, putting on a little runway show for her. She remarked that the skirts were nice, and gave me a suggestion on how to improve my walk. I waited until the end to put on my favorite black business womans skirt, and with that, she sent me to look for the ice machine, which she said was on the floor above.

Ice bucket in hand, out into the hallway I went. It took me a while to find it as I went the wrong way at first, but I really was not looking that hard. I was having too much fun just walking around to worry about finding the ice machine. I could hear the night clerk talking to someone in the lobby, and just loved the sound of my low heels where they had wood flooring inserts.

When I returned with the ice, we then went out of our room to the common eating area on our floor, and took some photos. Tourists! What are you going to do with them? We finally returned to our room, and both of us took off our makeup.

It was a wonderful experiece, and although I venture out occasionally solo, going out together made it a very special occasion. Her support and understanding make all the difference.

Photos are from when I was getting ready, when we were out and about, and back in the Lodge. Hope you enjoy!

PS: I know this is long, but one more thing...The next day we met some friends, and she showed them the photos! We had a good laugh, and they talked about the time he had dressed as a dancer and put on a show with some friends for a fund raiser. She said "He enjoyed putting on those panty hose just a little too much.". Somehow, I don't think that is possible.

Lauren

cathy b
10-30-2005, 06:17 AM
sounds like you had a great time good for you.

Julie York
10-30-2005, 06:46 AM
That's a good look you have going there! Very tasteful. And not a hint of pink with red.....but you can't have everything.:D

KatieZ
10-30-2005, 07:06 AM
Very Nice!!!

It's wonderful that you have such a helpful and understanding SO.

Hugs

DanaJ
10-30-2005, 07:12 AM
Lauren, I agree - that is a good look for you and :thumbsup: to you and the wife - thanks for sharing :)

cosmolovesph
10-30-2005, 08:53 AM
Sounds likes a great time and a great SO!!

Andrea's Lynne
10-30-2005, 09:31 AM
LAuren,

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! I'm trying to stiffle my envy!:D

Lynne