PDA

View Full Version : What frustrates you most about dressing.

KlaireLarnia
02-07-2012, 01:31 AM
Aside from the fact a lot of us have to hide what we do from people and people's general perception of those who cross dress, I am wondering what others find both the hardest thing and the most frustrating thing about dressing

For me I would say the hardest thing can be not knowing my own style in some types of clothes. Some things are easy to pick out - jeans, trousers and t-shirts. But at the moment I am looking for a Jacket/coat and finding it really hard to find something that is "me". Finding male jackets/coats is a breeze, but I dislike mac's and similar types of coats and do not want a heavy winter one. So really struggling. A coat is one of the few things I cannot get the courage to go into a shop and buy, and buying over the net is fine but returning items is a pain as I have problems getting to a post office to return items currently.

Frustrating thing for me is having to double up with some things and not being able to swap over easily. Bags is my current thing. I have a medium sized black shoulder bag which I love to bits. It holds everything I need it in without being too large or cumbersome. Yet I cannot use it most of the time as it is very obviously female and if I took it to work I would be ridiculed. So I take a larger male bag with my shoulder bag tucked inside. So I have the sense of having it, but it is not on show. I am currently looking at getting a unisex shoulder bag to try and find a compromise - but it would be one I do not want to make as I (like most of us here I guess) see no problem in what I want to do.

Just wondered what others thought.

K

Courtney_Glenn
02-07-2012, 01:53 AM
My biggest frustration is that my wife and I have two very different tastes in style and she is ALWAYS criticizing my wordrobe. she's more conservative, and I'm punky with a touch of glam (think Kelly Osbourne, lol). oh well, opposites attract I guess, We're sort of like Darma and Greg....Except I'm the wild one, lol. I love her :)

Delila
02-07-2012, 03:13 AM
This may fit into your description of the normal things but I would have to say the thing that frustrates me the most is my body shape. It's terribly difficult to find women's clothing that fits properly of course when I do find clothes that fit well the biggest frustration is taking them off. :D

DanaR
02-07-2012, 03:20 AM
My frustration is my weight; which I'm trying to lose. Most of the clothes that I like, just don't seem to available in the larger sizes. I need to lose a few dress sizes.

My wife and I are different styles, but we help each other with clothes; which is cool. I think that my wife knows every piece of clothes and shoes that I have. I'll see something that I think is cute, and she'll tell me I already have something like that at home.:heehee:

ssoccerman
02-07-2012, 03:40 AM
I live at home and can never find anywhere to change :(

danielletorresani
02-07-2012, 04:14 AM
My biggest frustration is just the time it takes to get dressed.

Tara D. Rose
02-07-2012, 04:49 AM
Well my problem with being a crossdresser is the way my wife puts me down on Everything I do. She criticizes the way I walk, talk, the way I cook, the way I clean, the few splatter spots in the microwave, the lane I'm driving in, slow down ,speed up, put on your seat belt, put on your turn signal, look at the grease spots on the stove just as I serve her supper, your second button on your shirt needs to be buttoned,,,,is the barn locked? did you lock your car? did you lock the storm door? did you lock the door? did you lock the dead bolt?
We pull into Wal-Mart one night in the circle, she says, why didn't you turn in here? I say, I didn't see it,,,,she yells WHAT ARE YOU DOING?, I say honey I'm looking for a parking space, she says. well "well there's one on the next row?
5 minutes later, we're in Wal-Mart , I ask her, Why do you belittle me like you do?...she just keeps walking,, never an answer. When we leave I go right back to the place she asked earlier , why didn't I take that entrance?. It turned out there wasn't an entrance there at all.
Or she will visit my bathroom and complain that she sees tooth paste in the bottom of my sink,

My hardest part about crossdressing?,,,,is the fact that I cannot become Tara anymore ever in front of her, for I know she will say, wrong dress, wrong skirt, wrong hose, wrong wig, on and on, humiliate me, embarrass me, make me feel so small. She makes Judge Judy look like a choir girl, she's meaner than a volverine with gangrene, on her good days ,she's like a grizzly bear walking on hot rocks, then I not only want, but I NEED to become Tara so badly, ever so badly, she wanted Tara, now she hates Tara and me. I go to bed and cry myself to sleep most nights. She goes to bed around 1:am, I look for solice and peace on here, then I'm attacked, and given un-deserving infractions, I get bullied. It seems no hope for me. The hardest thing about being a crossdresser is just being a crossdresser.
Read my introduction thread.

Love and peace be with you all,.................................Tara

Shari
02-07-2012, 05:46 AM
Mine is not having anyone to dress with or share with. My SO used to go along and even contributed to my wardrobe. There was an abrupt about face a little over a year ago and it has remained that way. We've reached the "don't ask, don't tell" part of this ride. Very frustrating because I had it all once and it was taken away.
Tara, maybe you and I should get together sometime and cry on each other's shoulder.

~Joanne~
02-07-2012, 06:05 AM
Sizes. I have the worst time with them and probably always will due to each company having their own. I haven't even begun to find mine yet and it's driving me crazy.

Karren H
02-07-2012, 06:26 AM
Well my problem with being a crossdresser is the way my wife puts me down on Everything I do.

No one should be treated like that! Time to kick her to the curb and move on, Tara!!

AllisonK
02-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Hardest thing for me is finding a happy medium with what I want and who I am. On one hand I am a man that likes being a man, but on the other (the inside) I really just want to be one of the girls. Life is complicated and it is compounded by family, friends, obligations, and respect for the path I previously chose by trying to hide who I was. I don't want to hurt anyone by "disappointing" them. I just want to be me and enjoy life as such. To me I feel like I'm alone. I know I'm not but it still feels that way. I have tried to someone professional that is nearby and that I can afford to talk to but the area I live in just doesn't cater to my needs.

Carrie R
02-07-2012, 06:37 AM
It's too much work, and I'm laZy with a capital Z!

Michelle55
02-07-2012, 06:42 AM
Well my problem with being a crossdresser is the way my wife puts me down on Everything I do.

Been there, done that! Sounds like my first wife.

The two of you must go to marriage counseling soon or your life will probably get even worse. Ignoring this will likely only result in her moving on without you and you will not be prepared either financially or emotionally.

I'm assuming you still care for your wife, so try to work this out, but be prepared to move on if she can't develop a more reasonable attitude. Probably only a neutral third party (counseler) will have any chance to get her to acknowledge her harshness.

Michelle

jillleanne
02-07-2012, 07:02 AM
The lack of hips and butt cheeks. I hate having to wear shapewear because of this.

Renee W
02-07-2012, 07:16 AM
What frustrates me the most is seeing how nice an outfit looks on a model in the catalog, buying it, and then it just looks so-so on me. I accept the fact that I am currently a size 22-24 and until I get my tush in gear, I know that I will not look that great, but please, why can't they show some more stuff on women close to my size. Roamans has a lot of nice stuff and they sell sizes 12 to 32, but I swear, their models are smaller than 12 and they must pin back the outfits for photo shoots.

sarahcsc
02-07-2012, 07:17 AM
I've read all the responses and could relate to every one of them. I guess the part I hate the most is the "cleaning up" process. Whereby I have to hide everything away again and that takes ages...

jaglover
02-07-2012, 07:21 AM
What frustrates me most is people (i.e. my wife) assuming that if I want to look feminine I must therefore be pathetic and the personality and character she thought I had must be false and/or compromised. When I'm dressed I feel and believe all the same things I've always felt and believed, I have the same morals and values - and I don't consider myself to be at all pathetic. It's frustrating because if she won't let me be dressed when she's around and we're doing everyday things I can't prove this to her.

StaceyJane
02-07-2012, 07:30 AM
I can't seem to find a cute outfit that fits!!!!!!!!

Cheryl T
02-07-2012, 09:49 AM
The facial hair.
I really hate shaving anymore...it's time to look into laser.

Crissy Kay
02-07-2012, 10:05 AM
That I cannot dress during weekdays. We live in an apt., so you never know if someone is dropping by. Also, I still feel a little stange, being dressed up in frount of my SO. I am not sure if that is ever going to change.

NicoleScott
02-07-2012, 10:07 AM
........ my wife puts me down on Everything I do.

There are many people like this, and I think it's a matter of their insecurity - putting others down in order to, or rather than, elevate themselves. I told one of these people "Look, I can save you time and trouble. Let's just assume that everything I do is wrong, and you can let me know if I ever do anything right, OK?"

My greatest crossdresser frustrations are trying to make a male body appear female, and a less-than-smooth-and-soft face complexion.

Laura912
02-07-2012, 10:11 AM
One answer for here is that it almost never last long enough. There is an answer in this thread that needs some help and it is one to which Karren has commented. Tara, your problems appear to go beyond the crossdressing. Based solely on your side of the story, one could conclude that you are in an abusive relationship. Go see a third party for some guidance.
Laura

Contessa
02-07-2012, 10:33 AM
I have to agree with all of you on every point. It would seem that I wrote most of your posts. We need to figure out a way to meet on line in one of those Microsoft online meeting things.

The most frustrating things I find is dressing and no where to go. Sunday I got dressed and walked directly out the door. I need for myself(Contessa) to shop for Contessa. As I dont need any male clothes. I (male self) did all of Contessa's shopping myself in male mode. I have almost completely lost my male self. But is shopping the only place CD's can go if not to a club. I don't go to clubs. Are we afraid to meet each other, I mean where we are not to far away from others? What can we do? Citywide, Statewide, and Nationwide.

Stephenie S
02-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Having to come up with a different outfit every single morning. Or at least try to remember where I wore which outfit.

S

kimdl93
02-07-2012, 10:56 AM
the frustration for me are those occassions when I can't dress. But I deal with it.

Kerstin
02-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Right now the most frustrating thing is when I have to take it all off and put it away. It makes me feel depressed, it's like I'm tearing off a part of myself. Being a woman is the first thing I think about when I wake up.

Kate Simmons
02-07-2012, 11:25 AM
I don't get frustrated really because I just figure it is what it is. In relation to the clothes issue, in my way of thinking I can make practically anything work for me as I feel it's the person who makes the clothes and not vice versa.:)

Stephanie47
02-07-2012, 01:00 PM
Finding what I want to wear for the day. My wardrobe in kept in fourteen Zerox boxes. I need to develop and system so I know which dress or slip is in which box. It is very frustrating to locate the parts of the ensemble I want to wear for the day. Of course, it would be a lot simpler if my eighty dresses were hung in a closet with the slips on the same hanger, and, a draw with all my bras, panties and shapewear. What's a girl going to do? :(

franlee
02-07-2012, 01:08 PM
The frustration is so varied from one day to the next, it realy boils down to the needs we have at that point not being satisfied. But if this is for one or the most frustrating then for me it would be why do I and many others and have to live in denial? Not hypocracy but next worst thing, I don't join in on the CD jokes or passon redicule that many of my friends and aqantiances do but I am forced to endure their BS. And I always wonder which of them are CDers and trying to cover it with this act. An trying to educate or enlighten Rednecks or DA's is an exercise in futility and a fools quest, unless you want to draw attention to yourself and suspision.

Fran

StephanieDragg
02-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Deciding what to wear is the most frustrating thing to me, once I have an outfit picked out, I'm good to go

NathalieX66
02-07-2012, 11:40 PM
Body hair.
I'm already halfway there between doing electrolyisis, and laser hair removal.
Stuff's not cheap, but I'm happier and at peace with myself already.

shilparoy
02-08-2012, 05:19 AM
Body hair.
I'm already halfway there between doing electrolyisis, and laser hair removal.
Stuff's not cheap, but I'm happier and at peace with myself already.

Yea I agree NathalieX66, it's hell of a laborious process at least for hairy guys like me

linda allen
02-08-2012, 07:52 AM
The most frustrating thing for me is that the times when I can actually do it are few and far between.

Other than that, it's the body and facial hair, the finishing dressing in the car, the reverting back to boy mode in the car, and being afraid to talk to anyone because of my voice.

On the occasions when I'm out and get it right, it's wonderfull though.

Mollyanne
02-08-2012, 08:16 AM
This may fit into your description of the normal things but I would have to say the thing that frustrates me the most is my body shape. It's terribly difficult to find women's clothing that fits properly of course when I do find clothes that fit well the biggest frustration is taking them off. :D

I can identify with that!!!!!

Mollyanne

Eve II
02-08-2012, 09:22 AM
The part I hate - Is that we have to even be called crossdresser. Why can't it just be
the way we happen to dress on that day !!!!

Brittany CD
02-08-2012, 05:46 PM
The thing that frustrates me the most is the makeup

anonymousinmaryland
02-08-2012, 08:31 PM
Getting UNdressed, of course!

jillleanne
02-08-2012, 09:08 PM
Well my problem with being a crossdresser is the way my wife puts me down on Everything I do. She criticizes the way I walk, talk, the way I cook, the way I clean, the few splatter spots in the microwave, the lane I'm driving in, slow down ,speed up, put on your seat belt, put on your turn signal, look at the grease spots on the stove just as I serve her supper, your second button on your shirt needs to be buttoned,,,,is the barn locked? did you lock your car? did you lock the storm door? did you lock the door? did you lock the dead bolt?
We pull into Wal-Mart one night in the circle, she says, why didn't you turn in here? I say, I didn't see it,,,,she yells WHAT ARE YOU DOING?, I say honey I'm looking for a parking space, she says. well "well there's one on the next row?
5 minutes later, we're in Wal-Mart , I ask her, Why do you belittle me like you do?...she just keeps walking,, never an answer. When we leave I go right back to the place she asked earlier , why didn't I take that entrance?. It turned out there wasn't an entrance there at all.
Or she will visit my bathroom and complain that she sees tooth paste in the bottom of my sink,

My hardest part about crossdressing?,,,,is the fact that I cannot become Tara anymore ever in front of her, for I know she will say, wrong dress, wrong skirt, wrong hose, wrong wig, on and on, humiliate me, embarrass me, make me feel so small. She makes Judge Judy look like a choir girl, she's meaner than a volverine with gangrene, on her good days ,she's like a grizzly bear walking on hot rocks, then I not only want, but I NEED to become Tara so badly, ever so badly, she wanted Tara, now she hates Tara and me. I go to bed and cry myself to sleep most nights. She goes to bed around 1:am, I look for solice and peace on here, then I'm attacked, and given un-deserving infractions, I get bullied. It seems no hope for me. The hardest thing about being a crossdresser is just being a crossdresser.
Read my introduction thread.

Love and peace be with you all,.................................Tara

I had a wife like that once; once.

Madilyn A.
02-08-2012, 09:10 PM
All the time in-between dress-ups !!

ArleneRaquel
02-08-2012, 09:15 PM
The time it takes to get gorgeous ! :sad:

Michelle V
02-08-2012, 09:21 PM
For me is finding that balance between male and female, that millisecond when I think to myself: "I look good enough to live like this everyday" but just like that it escapes and reality hits me on the head and I realize it just won't happen, then the makeup comes off, the dress comes off and back to reality. Long story short, not to be able to live like a girl and a boy at the same time everyday. Michelle

Regan
02-08-2012, 09:28 PM
I have to agree with most of the postings, the most frustrating is that I cannot dress like I want 24/7.

Staci
02-08-2012, 09:32 PM
I would say not looking as cute in my outfits as I would like to. However, unlike some posts, my wife almost always tells me how pretty I am when I dress up. I do look much better when she does my make up. But even then I look like a guy in pretty clothes and make up.

zorianacd
02-09-2012, 11:42 AM
I second a lot of what is mentioned earlier in this post. Unwanted hair is always a pain to get rid of. Weight is also a big one, but that has everything to do with disciplined eating and exercise. I'm getting better though. Weight is probably the single biggest thing that we can control that will make us look better when dressed. But my single biggest bugaboo is putting on false eyelashes. Mascara just doesn't have the same effect.

PaulaAnn
02-09-2012, 12:49 PM
Getting clothes to fit my 6' 3 " frame....but we manage fairly well ; oh yeah ,putting on mascara,makes my eyes water like a bugger !! LOL
Paula.

sherri
02-09-2012, 12:59 PM
In no particular order:

I keep my weight pretty well under control (although at my age I will never again be as toned as I'd like), but still can't wear the sort of ultra-fem tops I want. Just don't have the physique to dress as fem as I really want.

I don't have the budget for the wardrobe I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

That I can't afford really nice jewelry, and no one seems interested in buying me any.

Buying a really cute skirt, then getting home and discovering that it looks like crap on me.

The necessity of frequent shaving during extended fem times.

The social stigma and lack of understanding.

My inability to find a supportive, enthusiastic companion.

That I can't work en femme.

I only wear stockings in winter, but still, runs make me crazy.

That I can't wear closed-toe pumps without crippling myself.

Garter belts with those pathetic plastic clasps that won't stay fastened.

Applying eyeliner, or worse, false lashes. I might as well be doing it with mittens on.

High heels that don't have proper arch support. And those annoying little ankle strap buckles.

Wigs that don't last as long as I think they should.

The scarcity of brazilian-cut panties.

That Kiss has apparently quit making the longer stick-on nail style.

That the necessity of beard cover mandates more makeup than I would prefer.

Clip-on earrings hurt after awhile.

Snagging stockings or a sweater with jewelry.

The wigs I want never come in large size. What's up with that?

Bright florescent lighting. If I had my way, we'd all be using 40 watt incandescent bulbs -- not to save energy, but cuz it makes me look better.

Mirrors that refuse to lie.

That I can't persuade the gurls in my area to come out of the closet enough to at least have a drink with me at the club.

Lorileah
02-09-2012, 02:14 PM
Back zippers... honestly who thought that was a good idea some sort of contortionist?

Maggey
02-10-2012, 12:27 AM
I have problems with the make up and that is lack of experience in doing so. There are clip on earings and then there are clip on earings. Some are very comfortable and others will start to hurt after a while. Finding shoes that fit right and trying to figure out if that size 12 or size 14 fits. then finding out the next thing you look at is size large and trying to figure out if that will fit......

Heelsnlegs
02-10-2012, 12:33 AM
My biggest frustration is just the time it takes to get dressed.

Ditto!

Raven Tripp
02-10-2012, 01:33 AM
Brassieres! Especially under wires!

KellyJameson
02-10-2012, 01:52 AM
Lipstick on my teeth. Yesterday
Being chased by a mean dog while wearing heels. Today
Windy days when wearing a skirt. Probably tomorrow

rebekkadg
02-10-2012, 08:43 AM
The fact I can't afford the things I really want for dressing. There are some really good items out there but they are all so expensive. I want a good wig that can look natural but am stuck with the cheap one that anyone who is really paying attention can tell is a wig. I want good quality breast forms but I am embarassed to say I am using cheap costume breastforms from Party City. I want a full wardrobe but only have a few articles of clothing that don't lend themselves to much variation in outfits. So most of my problems stem from simply not being able to afford much.

sherri
02-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Windy days when wearing a skirt.Wait, that's a bad thing? ;-P

Janelle_C
02-10-2012, 10:01 AM
I'm just starting to learn about makeup and how to get my look down. Its frustrating to have to put that much makeup on to hide my beard color. I would love to be able to put a little powder on and some lip stick and look great.:battingeyelashes:

Barbara Ella
02-10-2012, 10:14 AM
After going through the posts, I can relate to all the expressed frustrations at one time or another. I am still new to dressing, so right now I still find the frustrations expressed here to be a series of wonderful road bumps that only add to the experience of the trip. As my vehicle ages these road bumps will progress to speed bumps to security blockades and the trip will get more difficult. However, i bet that the trips will never stop no matter how big the frustration gets, and that applies to all here I am sure.

I just love it when the trip is over and I can relax and enjoy the view, whatever it is.

Babes

Wendy_Marie
02-10-2012, 10:47 AM
What the Nordic Princess said...My frustrations come not from dressing but from the need not to due to pressures of everyday life such as Work and Family.

cindi cinnamon
02-10-2012, 10:57 AM
My biggest frustration, is not looking very feminine.... in fact, not very feminine at all...... but at the same time, feeling very girly inside. TALK ABOUT FRUSTRATION !!!!!

Teri Ray
02-10-2012, 03:14 PM
At some point or another I agree with what has been said so far. I love dressing but I hate undressing and putting my things away. I have all my female things stored in large gym type bags. I get them out unpack them spread them all over the place, I get my make up out and it comsumes the bathroom counter, I bath shave and apply my make up and enjoy the process and the final look. After this process I feel great and cant stop smiling .............that is until I look around and find I have a huge mess to clean up. I wish I had a place in the house where I could leave my female things easily accessable. Having said all this I would rather dress and be a bit frustrated over the necessary clean up rather than not dress.

Oh did I mention not waiting long enough to let my toenail polish fully dry and putting on stockings. Hate when that happens.

Nikki Len
02-11-2012, 01:11 AM
I would say the weight issue for me. Founding the right size and look for me. I started looking at women and young women, boy, they got a weight issues them self. Most of them do. After tonight I have figured out why I weigh so much. When I started driving, I was around 200lbs and now about 270lbs. My wife and I are going on a diet after we get a few things done at the house.

Connya

lisa_cd
02-11-2012, 01:13 AM
Make up...no doubt about that...

Dena
02-11-2012, 11:47 AM
With my current schedule, there are not enough hours in the day!

#1. Abundance of body hair. The only thing worse is the stubble (I have worse 5 o'clock shadow on my chest than my face).

#2. Lack of hair on my head. I have half a head of gorgeous red hair. I would soooo love to style it, and put it up in fancy updos... alas...

Veronica Lodge
02-11-2012, 11:54 AM
The make up.

I still botch it on a regular basis.

jillleanne
02-11-2012, 10:19 PM
In no particular order:

I keep my weight pretty well under control (although at my age I will never again be as toned as I'd like), but still can't wear the sort of ultra-fem tops I want. Just don't have the physique to dress as fem as I really want.

I don't have the budget for the wardrobe I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeed!

That I can't afford really nice jewelry, and no one seems interested in buying me any.

Buying a really cute skirt, then getting home and discovering that it looks like crap on me.

The necessity of frequent shaving during extended fem times.

The social stigma and lack of understanding.

My inability to find a supportive, enthusiastic companion.

That I can't work en femme.

I only wear stockings in winter, but still, runs make me crazy.

That I can't wear closed-toe pumps without crippling myself.

Garter belts with those pathetic plastic clasps that won't stay fastened.

Applying eyeliner, or worse, false lashes. I might as well be doing it with mittens on.

High heels that don't have proper arch support. And those annoying little ankle strap buckles.

Wigs that don't last as long as I think they should.

The scarcity of brazilian-cut panties.

That Kiss has apparently quit making the longer stick-on nail style.

That the necessity of beard cover mandates more makeup than I would prefer.

Clip-on earrings hurt after awhile.

Snagging stockings or a sweater with jewelry.

The wigs I want never come in large size. What's up with that?

Bright florescent lighting. If I had my way, we'd all be using 40 watt incandescent bulbs -- not to save energy, but cuz it makes me look better.

Mirrors that refuse to lie.

That I can't persuade the gurls in my area to come out of the closet enough to at least have a drink with me at the club.

So, Sheri, please, make yourself comfortable on the couch there and tell me slowly, exactly how long have you felt this way about your mother-in-law?

sherri
02-12-2012, 09:18 AM
So, Sheri, please, make yourself comfortable on the couch there and tell me slowly, exactly how long have you felt this way about your mother-in-law?Oh thank God, finally someone to listen! Do you charge by the hour or the day?

jillleanne
02-12-2012, 05:19 PM
lol, for you sweetie, it'll be free!!! (wink wink)

Rita D
02-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Mainly the fact that I can't do it nearly frequently enough to satisfy me.

Eryn
02-12-2012, 06:07 PM
The facial hair.
I really hate shaving anymore...it's time to look into laser.

I'm happy with my results, but if you have any gray don't expect to be completely smooth. I went from a salt-and-pepper beard to a patchy white beard. I can go a lot lighter on the makeup and my makeup now lasts all day. My dream of being able to go out with just a bit of lipstick and mascara is, alas, still a dream.

I have to agree with all of you on every point. It would seem that I wrote most of your posts. We need to figure out a way to meet on line in one of those Microsoft online meeting things. The most frustrating things I find is dressing and no where to go. Sunday I got dressed and walked directly out the door. I need for myself(Contessa) to shop for Contessa. As I dont need any male clothes. I (male self) did all of Contessa's shopping myself in male mode. I have almost completely lost my male self. But is shopping the only place CD's can go if not to a club. I don't go to clubs. Are we afraid to meet each other, I mean where we are not to far away from others? What can we do? Citywide, Statewide, and Nationwide.

Some ladies do use meetup, etc. to get together, but for a newer person it can be very frustrating. I'm not into clubbing either, feeling that it introduces risks that I don't wish to take. We're a secret society that is so secret that we don't even acknowledge each other! Don't despair, though. You'll find a sister or two if you persevere.

Back zippers... honestly who thought that was a good idea some sort of contortionist?

They were definitely invented by men...

Lipstick on my teeth.

Hate that too. I have one lipstick that I swear is able to leap across space onto my teeth. Another shade of the same brand stays put on my lips. Go figure.

And on to my frustration:

The realization that no matter what I do I'll very likely never be accepted as a female in ordinary social situations. I enjoy going out and I'm probably passable to any disinterested passerby, but in any close-up situation my presentation and self-confidence suffers. I was at a CD dinner a few months ago and by chance ended up seated in the middle of a group of GGs. That was so much fun, being able to sit and chat with a group of women who accepted me completely!

crossIsFun
02-13-2012, 02:57 AM
Getting UNdressed, of course!

I concur to the fullest extent!

Bernadina
02-13-2012, 03:02 AM
Finding enough opportunities to dress.

crossIsFun
02-13-2012, 03:46 AM
After my divorce, I could and can… dress whenever/however I want! I love it!

I actually confided in one of my best friends a little over a year ago about it. He didn’t believe me, cause in his eyes, I was the guy that could always go to the bar and pick up a chic.

The truth is that I had just got divorced and was trying my best to find myself.
When I dress, I pick an outfit that I feel good, sexy, and awesome in, from the inside out… I don’t even think about the way people look at me. I dress a lot, I’m divorced and no SO, and work from home! Lol…

But my frustration, actually, comes from how good it makes me feel when I do dress. The reason is because I know how the majority of society looks at me if I were to ever go out in public. When I’m dressed, heels, everything, I feel from the inside out like the most beautiful sexy thing on this earth… but all of you know what the reality of that is.

I can’t go out unless I want to face some serious stares and judgment. It’s understandable though, I’m a very manly built athletic type guy… no way I could ever hope to pass at all.

But ever since I told that one friend of mine, all of my close friends eventually found out to where now, I’ve dressed in front of all of my closest friends here at the house. I have to say that there’s just something about having another person there to be in front of than by yourself. It really brings out some very cool feelings within yourself.

So… my biggest frustration about dressing? I guess it’s the fact I can’t just throw on my heels and a skirt set and head out to go to dinner. I guess I could… but I’m thinking that’s where the frustration starts to develop…

I love all of you here! For as many of us here that there are, I just can’t believe we’re not more organized as far as events and such go. I think it would be indescribable if about 10 to 20 of us decided to meet up at a central place, same hotel, and just all have fun being dressed in the things that we love to be dressed in… lol… crap, it’s all only clothes right??? (we all wish it was that simple)

Love all of you!!!

Sarah V
02-20-2012, 01:47 PM
Not having near anywhere's as much time as I would like to practice applying my make up. I am just soo envious of ladies who say they can do their complete make up in 10 minutes or under.

steph1965
02-20-2012, 08:26 PM
Doing my eye makeup. Now I can see why it takes so much practice.

Aprilrain
02-20-2012, 08:38 PM
I hate when my bra strap gets twisted, ugh!

Miriam-J
02-20-2012, 08:57 PM
I have problems with the make up and that is lack of experience in doing so. There are clip on earings and then there are clip on earings. Some are very comfortable and others will start to hurt after a while. Finding shoes that fit right and trying to figure out if that size 12 or size 14 fits. then finding out the next thing you look at is size large and trying to figure out if that will fit......

Oh yeah, know that one. I hated clip-ons. They hurt everytime I put them on. Finally went with my wife to Claire's so she could get a second set of holes in her head and I could get my first ones. Solved that problem, but had to blow off a few questions at the office ("Why not, just felt like it") but it's a lot easier when you point to all the 25 year olds as the example for this 50+ guy.

Shoes are more of a problem, very few nice shoes come in something like my 11 4E men's size, especially the higher heels. I don't know how anyone did this before the internet.

Miriam

Mandy Marie
02-20-2012, 09:27 PM
My two biggest frustrations are my weight and makeup. Not being able to fit into a dress is one of the biggest frustrations I've had. My proportions don't match around the mid-section, even with a waist-cincher. I bought jeans that are size 10, but have to wear a size 16 dress. (I hate inconsistant sizing information).

Makeup irritates my eyes, leaving them red....even after just using Clinique products. I'd like to try going out more often, but the time to get ready and take off makeup is prohibitive; my eye strain just makes it that much more infrequent of an endeavor.

Oh, and finding an awesome dress....that requires dry cleaning....Ohhhh I hate that....

Mandy Marie

melina
02-20-2012, 10:11 PM
WIGS! cannot find the perfect wig. my tastes change like the wind.... yes its WIGS!