PDA

View Full Version : How do you plan to go?

retrofitme
02-07-2012, 01:39 AM
So I've been confronted with death recently and it got me thinking - for those of you who plan to be buried at your funeral, do you want to be dressed en drab, or en femme?

5150 Girl
02-07-2012, 01:54 AM
I already have my dress picked out. Weather it actualy happens for me or not, we'll see.

Missy
02-07-2012, 01:54 AM
at the time I die my family can put what ever they want on me for that is and will be how they will remember me

Courtney_Glenn
02-07-2012, 02:01 AM
Leaning towards drab, just because That is how most folks see me on a day to day basis, and I'n all honesty is my dominant personality.

However, it would be a shame to just pretend Courtney doesn't exist either.....I Choose to be cremated.

danielletorresani
02-07-2012, 04:16 AM
Though I like to slip into the persona of Danielle because it's a turn on for me, I'm definitely more defined by my man side.

Sammy777
02-07-2012, 04:45 AM
Dress me like a clown for all I care. Because I won't, I'll be dead. :lol2:

noeleena
02-07-2012, 04:45 AM
Hi,

As i am a woman, so will be dressed as one, no issues there, & if Jos remembers in my ball grown. that i had made a lovely blue with black see through lace. over the top.

Other wise in one of my garb or clothes as a Chateline. ether way im happy,

...noeleena...

sometimes_miss
02-07-2012, 05:01 AM
I'll be dead. They can stuff me and put me up as a scarecrow in the cornfield. May as well be useful.

linda allen
02-07-2012, 09:28 AM
Having seen my inlaws fork out $10K for a funeral even though they are as poor as churchmice and had to borrow the money, I'll be creamated or donate my body to science.

Like a few others have said, I'll be dead so it won't matter to me and if people want to remember me, I'd rather they remember the younger, more fit me.

terrianncd
02-07-2012, 09:32 AM
I plan to be cremated as well. The thought of being buried has no appeal at all. So dress me up in my best dress and off I go to the oven! I'm hoping to come back in the right suit next time!

jilliannichols
02-07-2012, 09:41 AM
Sorry for your loss(es),
Probably in drab.
What about the clothes left behind?

Cheryl T
02-07-2012, 09:41 AM
I'm being cremated so it really doesn't matter.
Besides, I'll be dead so what do I care anyway.

moondog
02-07-2012, 10:12 AM
I always wanted a Viking funeral. Dress me like a Valkyrie, put me on a boat, push it out to sea, and then shoot flaming arrows at me until it's all burning.

Stephenie S
02-07-2012, 10:34 AM
Yes. The reality is that you will be dead and your family will do whatever they want with you.

S

drushin703
02-07-2012, 10:51 AM
retrofitme:
Great question. One never knows when their end will come.But I am the classic tragidienne whose wish is to leave this life just how I lived it,
tragic and flamboyant.

I wish to be burried enfemme in see thru, black leggings with a white sequined (I love sequines) ruffled top.And the tallest heels that can
reasonable fit in the casket. I wish for so many sequins that when those few friends I had on earth approach to touch my hand or kiss my dead
face for the final time, sequins will come off of me and lodge on their foreheads and clothing...And I wish that someone will say of me, that that Dana
lived one hell of a life...........dana

kimdl93
02-07-2012, 10:54 AM
I always wanted a Viking funeral. Dress me like a Valkyrie, put me on a boat, push it out to sea, and then shoot flaming arrows at me until it's all burning.

Give me that (really) old time religion!

suzy1
02-07-2012, 10:58 AM
I am going to be cremated and my ashes sprinkled on one of the most well known corners in motorsport, Paddock hill, Brands Hatch. I have marshalled there for many years. I really am!

SUZY

Karren H
02-07-2012, 11:59 AM
I solved that problem years ago.... I'm not planning "go"! :)

Erica Lauren James
02-07-2012, 12:10 PM
Half and half One side will be in nylons and a dress as Erica other side the usual suit as Eric

I'll have to get it custom made of course

sonna
02-07-2012, 12:11 PM
im not going anywere. no problem to solve.

AllisonK
02-07-2012, 12:26 PM
I am to be cremated due to the rising cost of funerals and all that goes with it. Exact contents of box:

1. Dead naked body.
2. Second favorite hat. (wife gets favorite)
3. a jar of dirt from Alabama (where I was born)
4. Photo of my wife.

It's already in my will.

Stephanie47
02-07-2012, 12:41 PM
I intend to have no viewing and to be cremated. Therefore, I want to be stark naked. No sense in wasting a good suit or dress. Hopefully most of my stuff will be donated to charity. If I were going to be buried in a casket, then I would opt for a pretty dress, and all the proper undergarments including a lacy slip. No woman should go out in a dress without a slip and proper undergarments. I'd out like Radar O'Reilly of M.A.S.H. fame.

drag n fly
02-07-2012, 03:05 PM
I'm hoping to be about 95 at that time..What an ugly old hag I'll be...So...Incineration is that way to go...Little urn with a picture of me in a friggin dress...Nice..My kids will cringe..hehe smooches Jackie

KlaireLarnia
02-07-2012, 03:56 PM
at the time I die my family can put what ever they want on me for that is and will be how they will remember me

You know what. That is the best answer. When I die, I really don't care how I am dressed. They can put me in the coffin naked for all I will care. My plan is not to be hanging around this world to watch my own funeral. I aim to be somewhere better at that point...

K

Eryn
02-07-2012, 07:33 PM
No real plans here, except that I'd like to have a wake so my friends can send me off properly.

Pinky188
02-07-2012, 07:39 PM
FEMM!! I want to wear a black corset mermaid gown, my blonde wig, black toe and finger nails, and a terrara made of spyders and webs! Its all ready planned out!!!

PretzelGirl
02-07-2012, 10:33 PM
No real plans here, except that I'd like to have a wake so my friends can send me off properly.

And why do they call it a wake? I haven't seen anyone's eyes open yet!

I plan to go in flames. So my wife can dress me however she wants.

NathalieX66
02-07-2012, 10:51 PM
I will most likely die in the name I was born with....even if the entire world knows this side of me, and I am cool ( in fact , thrilled) with that. My family has a plot in a cemetary that overlooks Narragansett bay in Rhode Island a couple of miles in from the Atlantic coastline. We ( my entire family) all want our ashes thrown out to sea, and have name on our headstones. My grandparents sit there in some pretty nice walnut coffins, and I don't want that.
I am of the sea.

GeminaRenee
02-07-2012, 10:52 PM
I happen to work at a funeral home, and whatever desire I might once have had to have a viewing has long since dissipated with my time there. I'd like a memorial service where people remember me. My remains need not be present for that to happen. Besides, I wish my remains to be donated to science... I can't think of anything more useful to do with my corpse than to allow it to be used to educate future practitioners of medicine. After that, cremation will be the order of the day. It's the most ecologically sound option. Nowhere does crossdressing factor into the equation - it's an activity for the living. And as much of a part as Kali has been in my life, what clothes I've worn will not have defined who I am as a person. It's all just window dressing.

I find it amazing how much money people are willing to spend, and how much thought people are willing to put into the accoutrement & presentation of a corpse that, 99 times out of 100, is going to look horrible anyway.

ArleneRaquel
02-07-2012, 10:54 PM
Female is the way I plan to go.

Jilmac
02-07-2012, 10:55 PM
Alas! It will more than likely be drab. Even though I have come out to friends and siblings, My own family (kids, grandkids, etal) would probably find fault with my choice If I decided to go en femme. On the other hand, they'll have plenty to talk about while they're fighting over my estate.