PDA

View Full Version : Places to get dressed besides home

ssoccerman
02-07-2012, 03:44 AM
Hello, Ive been having trouble I love to get dressed but Im still very discreet Ive only been dressing a year. Im living with parents and brother and sister and someone is almost always home. anyone know of any local places you can go and get dressed?:D

Tracy - new dresser
02-07-2012, 03:54 AM
wow thats a tuff one, when i was living at home i would have to wait til everyone was gone. so my advice is to move out lol :)

KristaCD_FL
02-07-2012, 04:09 AM
Yeah, that is a tough one. Only other thing I can think of is a hotel room...

danielletorresani
02-07-2012, 04:12 AM
I don't miss those days...

My wife goes to sleep and stay asleep, so I can either do it after that and there's many days that she works and I'm working from home that I can do it, too.

jillleanne
02-07-2012, 07:54 AM
You could try the local Court House, local Police Station, local bar, local train station, local bus station, local airport, local marina, local dog track, local football stadium, or the local cat house.
You may also want to see if there is a support group for gender variant people in your area. Could be through a church also. There are many places today where you can go when in a situation like yourself. Try to research your area and hopefully you will come up with something safe and acceptable.

kimdl93
02-07-2012, 09:10 AM
I don't know where you live or how old you are, so that makes it difficult to offer suggestions. In many communities, there are CD/TG support groups that have periodic gatherings where people can bring clothes, dress, get make up and other tips, and just enjoy each other's company.

linda allen
02-07-2012, 09:21 AM
You might be able to dress in your car in a parking lot, especially if you can underdress (put other clothing over your female stuff).

Check yourself in a public restroom before you go home in case you missed anything.

Cheryl T
02-07-2012, 09:44 AM
Find a support group. Many will have not only a meeting room, but a changing room as well.

franlee
02-07-2012, 11:00 AM
A lot of people that rent Storage Units use them. I have seen pictures of them set up like a dressingroom. Some are enviromenntly controled too. Ingress and egress are sometimes monitored by security. Pesonaly
Fran

Karren H
02-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Hotels on business trips works for me.... But I've done quick gender changes in unisex/family restrooms all over... Rest areas and new public buildings. Takes 20 minutes with good planning. But walk in male and walk out female. Then go shopping!! Kind of fun. Reverse the process when ready to head home... Also there's the car... Though kind of cramped.... I've even changed in porta-potty. I so recomment the handycap ones... Larger and hooks to hang you bags.... Lol.

DanaR
02-07-2012, 12:04 PM
Hello, Ive been having trouble I love to get dressed but Im still very discreet Ive only been dressing a year. Im living with parents and brother and sister and someone is almost always home. anyone know of any local places you can go and get dressed?:D

If you give us an idea where you live, there might be someone close to you that could give you more accurate ideas. In the Seattle area there are a couple of places you could go. The Emerald City group has a couple of spots that girls use on meeting nights. There is also a place that rents changing rooms by the month, it is sort of like a club.

I've gone to several Mary Kay cosmetic representatives, that let me change at their place. I've even underdressed to the extent that I was completely dressed, then wore a pair of sweats and a jacket to get out of the house. All of my makeup was done, except for lip color; which I finished off in the car. Sometimes you have to use your imagination.

franlee
02-07-2012, 12:20 PM
I cut myself off and posted by accident, I was gointo say, Personaly I used my motorhome while the kids were home and i was single. I also used it for a Fem. getaway hangout and my wife and I could go there and turn off the cells and be left alone with no interferiance. Now I'm through!
Fran

sonna
02-07-2012, 12:21 PM
storage unit works fine for me......... its getting cramped thow. lol.

Stephanie47
02-07-2012, 12:48 PM
There are many support groups that have meeting rooms. I know in the Seattle area there is at least one organization/business that offers rental of a wall locker and dressing area for girls who cannot dress at home or are reluctant to drive long distances en femme. There may be one in your area, too.

meganmartin
02-07-2012, 01:00 PM
I have somewhat of the same issue. My wife knows but I am not allowed to leave the house dressed during daylight hours. Can return or leave at night, however during the summer months it gets dark around 8:30 and becomes a problem. I have in the past put on all my clothes my ball cap and left home; once i drove far enough find a place to put on makeup and wig in the car.

Think the storage unit is a great idea and thought of doing that; however i will have separation anxiety of all my stuff not being with me.
There is another girl who lives close by and we have discussed sharing one to share the cost.

Anna Lorree
02-07-2012, 01:51 PM
I love the idea of a storage unit! That would be quite handy for my situation as well.

Anna

JessHaust
02-07-2012, 02:18 PM
Storage unit?! Really!!! Go to the support group. it beats the heck out of a storage unit. You will find not only an outlet to dress, but......real people.

Anna Lorree
02-07-2012, 02:24 PM
Storage unit?! Really!!! Go to the support group. it beats the heck out of a storage unit. You will find not only an outlet to dress, but......real people.

You see, there is the problem. So far in three years of searching, I haven't been able to find a support group any closer than a five hour drive. Not all of us live in metropolitan areas. Personally, I would LOVE to have an active group to go to, but no such critter exists.

And, I see a storage unit as a great place to change for those who have less than enthusiastic wives.

Anna

Daphne Renee
02-07-2012, 02:26 PM
That is difficult not all areas have support groups. If your area does I recomend that. Otherwise Karens idea of the unisex bathroom would be a good one.

RADER
02-07-2012, 03:01 PM
I've even changed in porta-potty. I so recomment the handycap ones... Larger and hooks to hang you bags.... Lol.

Kind of the way Super-Woman use to do it in those days of yesteryear.
Rader

Chickhe
02-07-2012, 03:47 PM
It takes me way too long to get ready, so I would recommend dressing at home and just cover yourself with your normal jacket and pants when you leave and don't stop to chat with anyone. They won't notice anything different. Bring a change of clothing and some wetwipes and you can change back pretty quickly.

Chrissy be good
02-07-2012, 04:38 PM
I'm in the same boat. Never any alone time, and no way to underdress or sneak clothes out. I've thought about a storage unit, but I was also thinking about artist lofts or rehersal space for bands. Unless somebody wants some company. I haven't dressed in ages and I'm losing my mind in pink fog.

Karren H
02-07-2012, 04:53 PM

Love to see a Storage Wars episode come across one of their storage units!

sonna
02-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Love to see a Storage Wars episode come across one of their storage units!

hahaha.............that would be great.

Karren H
02-07-2012, 05:09 PM
Yuuuupppp!!.... The thought of Dave enfemme....

STACY B
02-07-2012, 05:30 PM
A lot of people that rent Storage Units use them. I have seen pictures of them set up like a dressingroom. Some are enviromenntly controled too. Ingress and egress are sometimes monitored by security. Pesonaly
Fran Hey shes right ,Those things have power an air an heat ,, Its all in how you set it up an you can pull down the door and be alone in there for hours. An its a hell of alot cheaper than a motel,, You can rent one of those for a month an have access 24-7 an they only cost 35-50 bucks a month all ya need is a 5-10 or 10-20 an you can be all alone . Make sure ya get a climate control cuz it will be hot in the summer.

StacyChambers
02-07-2012, 07:32 PM
Go camping in a secluded area! You can change in your tent, stay dressed all day, hike in heels, enjoy a bonfire in a dress, play soccer in a skirt...

Yes, I've done some (but not all) of this. It was kinda fun. :)

The Space Case
02-07-2012, 11:32 PM
Wow the storage unit! Best idea EVER! Thank you so much.

Annie D
02-08-2012, 07:34 AM
I'm with Karren, places where there is a family restroom is probably the best. Scout around because there are a couple of fast food chains that has one available and most are one user at a time. I don't know where you are but most major department stores have one, I know Kohl's for sure. If worried about what to carry your stuff in, use a backpack. It has several large storage areas where you can separate shoes, bottoms and tops plus a little compartment for make up.

The storage unit idea is interesting. I don't know what the monthly rate is but one that is big enough to have a mirror and chair and enough room to hang your male clothing would be nice. What do you think, about $20 a month? Not bad, I hope you live in a warm climate or that you can get enough air in the summer because with the amount of make up I need in order to go out would be totally melted before I got out the door.

Karren, I wouldn't mind meeting Barry; I understand that he is into antiques......I would make an interesting collectable. Oh no! Yuuuuup! Here comes Dave, I better hide!

linda allen
02-08-2012, 07:47 AM
Tying up a single family restroom for twenty minutes could be a problem for families who want/need to use it. You can do it, but it seems a little selfish. Carrying a big bag in and out might raise suspicion of shoplifting if you're in a retail store.

If you're serious about this and have the funds, a storage unit seems like a good idea but keep in mind that there will be video of you coming and going. There might also be phone calls or mail to your house from the company that owns the unit.

Debb
02-08-2012, 08:50 AM
Go camping in a secluded area! You can change in your tent, stay dressed all day, hike in heels, enjoy a bonfire in a dress, play soccer in a skirt...

Yes, I've done some (but not all) of this. It was kinda fun. :)
I've done this, it's a lot of fun until it's shower time ... lots of secluded campsites have nothing but a little cold shower, not a lot of fun turning 'un-femme' that way although I suppose the cold shower does bring you back down to earth :)

I too like the storage area idea, will have to look into that.

Brown Eyed Girl
02-08-2012, 10:46 AM
I used to underdress to the point where all I needed was the wig and make-up. Usually wore a pair of nylon Nike type pants and light jacket so from the outside I did not draw any attention. I then found several different bathrooms in public places where entering and/or exiting would not be an issue, kind of like Karren's unisex bathroom idea. With the proper planning, you can get in and out quickly with your foundation and other basics, and then do the final touch-ups in the car. It is very do-able.

sonna
02-08-2012, 11:18 AM
Tying up a single family restroom for twenty minutes could be a problem for families who want/need to use it. You can do it, but it seems a little selfish. Carrying a big bag in and out might raise suspicion of shoplifting if you're in a retail store.

If you're serious about this and have the funds, a storage unit seems like a good idea but keep in mind that there will be video of you coming and going. There might also be phone calls or mail to your house from the company that owns the unit.

there more interested in the color of your money not the color of your wig.. as long as your not living in it, they dont care.
they will never send something to your house for risk of law suit. and you can be on the no mailing list that most places set up.
but they leave it on you to pay your bills on time no reminders or your stuff will end up on storage wars. for every body to see.:devil:

maturegirlrobin
02-10-2012, 05:07 PM
Hi ! This is a very common obstacle for many of us. I am married for many years, my wife knows, tolerates, but does not want to see as my Robin. As my agreement with her I do not leave my home dressed. On the positive side there are MANY ways to get dressed other then at home. At a lot of events and support groups you can get dressed right at the place itself. I know some who share a room at a motel and share the cost. Another GREAT WAY is to mingle,socialize,network get feminine friends - someone will have a place or idea plus you'll get great friends. I came out 6 years ago and have made countless friends and have never looked back. It is well worth the effort and sacrifice ! Best of Luck and Hugggs, Robin

jjjjohanne
02-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Worst places I have ever dressed:
In the car. (Putting on pantyhose in a car is tough!)
In the stall in a busy men's room.

Best place I've dressed/undressed:
Clothing store changing room. "Hi, I'm a crossdresser, can I change my clothes in your changing room?" Normally, I have already shopped there before.

DianeDeBris
02-11-2012, 02:01 AM
I used to change in two minutes flat in any handy phonebooth . . . not many of them around any more, though.

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-11-2012, 12:09 PM
My wife knows and is OK with it all so I usually get most everything done at home and then do the rest at the tollway oasis or sometimes at my office. She really doesn't like me leaving in full out girl mode so I'll respect her wishes and finish the look away from home. When we go out together as two girlfriends she wears a wig and changes her look quite dramatically so nobody knows it's us, of course we also don't shop near our house.

STACY B
02-11-2012, 12:24 PM
My wife knows and is OK with it all so I usually get most everything done at home and then do the rest at the tollway oasis or sometimes at my office. She really doesn't like me leaving in full out girl mode so I'll respect her wishes and finish the look away from home. When we go out together as two girlfriends she wears a wig and changes her look quite dramatically so nobody knows it's us, of course we also don't shop near our house. Thats a blessing for you so if she changes her look then if somebody knows both of you an your seen out an they see her they will automaticly be looking for you so if they dont recanize her then they wont be looking for you . Make sense

Sometimes Steffi
02-12-2012, 09:22 AM
I'm with Karren, places where there is a family restroom is probably the best. Scout around because there are a couple of fast food chains that has one available and most are one user at a time. I don't know where you are but most major department stores have one, I know Kohl's for sure. If worried about what to carry your stuff in, use a backpack. It has several large storage areas where you can separate shoes, bottoms and tops plus a little compartment for make up.

The storage unit idea is interesting. I don't know what the monthly rate is but one that is big enough to have a mirror and chair and enough room to hang your male clothing would be nice. What do you think, about $20 a month? Not bad, I hope you live in a warm climate or that you can get enough air in the summer because with the amount of make up I need in order to go out would be totally melted before I got out the door.

Carrying a big bag in and out might raise suspicion of shoplifting if you're in a retail store.

I have a storage unit for my stuff, but it doesn't really work well for changing.

http://www.ezstorage.com/

First, it's pretty expensive. The current rate for a 5x5 is $39 per month, and that's the low end of the range in my area (Northern VA). Some prime locations are much more ($65). Mine is not climate controlled; that would be about $10 more per month. Needless to say, larger ones (5x10) are even more expensive ($59/$94).

Access is only 6AM to 9PM.

The only lighting is in the hallway, and it's on an automatic timer. When it times out, you have to go out and reset it. There is no electricity for lighting or a makeup mirror, and the lockers get dark when the door is closed. The lighting is actually a safety issue. About 8 months after I moved into my current locker, the building where my old locker was burned down. Someone managed to get a Halogen light it, left it on, and started the fire. I guess I got lucky.

There is video security, but my place has residential mangers (a couple) who both know me because I come every month to pay in cash. The one time I changed there, I know I got caught coming out dressed by the male manager. At least they were nice enough not to say anything about it since then.

My guess is that you can work around all these problems, but check them out before you sign a contract, and you will have to sign a contract with your real name, address and ID.

As for the family bathroom, don't use one in a store. Think about it. You come in and go out with a back pack full of clothes, maybe looking a little nervous. Looks like a shop lifter to me. At best, you have to explain to security not to call the police because you own all the clothes. At worst, you get to tell your story to the local LEOs. I have used one in the common area of the mall, and didn't go through any stores.

Best place I've ever changed. My town has a community building with meeting rooms to rent at get this $6 per hour. The last time, I even got a room with a bathroom and mirror, and of course A/C in the summer.