PDA

View Full Version : Slightly weird

jaglover
02-07-2012, 01:45 PM
My wife's more or less in the 'don't ask don't tell' corner these days. A while ago my 17yo daughter wanted a short showy black dress to wear to a 'do' and nothing quite did the trick. With her out of the room, I nervously cleared my throat and said 'I have something that might suit'. My reward was a hard stare. However, lo and behold out my daughter went - in the dress.

My daughter has no idea where this dress came from of course. A few days later I noted the dress had returned to its place on the hanger in my wardrobe. This weekend, my daughter wore the dress again - my wife saying nothing to me beforehand.

It looks good on my daughter (better than it does on me obviously) but it does give me a weird feeling seeing her in one of my dresses!

larry
02-07-2012, 01:53 PM
yes that is kinda weird ---- funny..does your daughter know you dress ? This could get kinda nasty later if she finds out. Ouch..

moondog
02-07-2012, 01:53 PM
I can certainly see how this would make you feel a little strange.

Ineta
02-07-2012, 01:56 PM
You will keep feeling weird. Or uneasy. Crossdressing does not blend with mainstream activities.

Barbara Ella
02-07-2012, 01:58 PM
If you feel weird now, it could bet really bad later depending on how reactions go. Best of luck.

Babes

jaglover
02-07-2012, 02:09 PM
yes that is kinda weird ---- funny..does your daughter know you dress ? This could get kinda nasty later if she finds out. Ouch..

Larry,

No she doesn't know. This is a bone of contention between myself and my wife... Whatever, there's no reason she should ever need to know that the dress was mine.

Daphne Renee
02-07-2012, 02:12 PM
yeah I could see how that could be kind of weird. But if your daughter likes the dress then no harm done right? You and your 17rd old daughter wear the same size dress? I would be willling to be there will be some jealous girls on here. :)
seriously though I hope everythng works out for you.

kimdl93
02-07-2012, 02:14 PM
you're a good father to share your things.

barbie lanai
02-07-2012, 02:18 PM
The nice part as I'd see it is you must be the same size as your daughter.

suzy1
02-07-2012, 02:19 PM
To be honest I think it is just nice.
I hope that if your daughter finds out one day who the dress belongs to she will be O.K. with it.

I have a lovely daughter that if I ever come out to her I know she will be accepting.
Daughters love there dads!

Must be a little strange though.

SUZY

Leanne2
02-07-2012, 02:27 PM
Years ago my in laws drove up from Alabama for a visit. On Sunday, when everyone was getting ready for church, there was a commotion from the guest bedroom. My MIL, who at that time was much bigger than my wife, had forgotten to pack the skirt that she was going to wear to church. She asked my wife if she had one that she could borrow. My wife came into our bedroom, gave me that look, and said in a quiet voice that she needed to borrow one of my skirts. In church I smiled every time I looked over at my MIL. Leanne

RADER
02-07-2012, 02:51 PM
Strange how ones clothes can get the best uses by others that know not where they came from
Rader

franlee
02-07-2012, 02:51 PM
That should be a feeling of Aw! You are not doing anything wrong and attatching guilt or weird to it is plain wrong, you have only helped out where Mom couldn't. Be proud you are a good provider!
Fran

Chickhe
02-07-2012, 03:20 PM
Well it is just clothes after all... the tricky part not being out to those people...its a really ironic situation. When I was totally private with this whole activity, I once saw my wife wearing one of my CDing items... I almost died of shock!...later I checked and sighed of relief as my clothing was still there.... she had not discovered anything, just happened to buy the same item. That was weird.

sonna
02-07-2012, 03:36 PM
why feel weird you let here borrow it, she may even know its yours, i bet shes a smart girl. so just dont worrie about it.

Stephanie47
02-07-2012, 03:44 PM
I'd feel a lot weirder if my son asked to borrow one of my dresses! :)

I would not be a bit surprised if she did not figure it out already. Kids are very perceptive and also have a tendency to snoop around a little.

Also, you did not say what size you and your daughter are in relation to the dress size of your wife.

jaglover
02-07-2012, 04:08 PM
Also, you did not say what size you and your daughter are in relation to the dress size of your wife.

Ah, I see your point. Yes, the dress would have fitted my wife. It's certainly not her style by a long way and I'm guessing she probably told my daughter she'd bought it on a whim but never worn it or something like that.

Tanya C
02-07-2012, 09:36 PM
There is another way of looking at this situation. Your daughter needed an appropriate dress to wear to an occasion, and you provided it. I call that helping out a loved one.

BLUE ORCHID
02-07-2012, 09:53 PM
Hi JL, My Grandaughter wanted something for something they were doing at school
and my wife found what she wanted from my side of the closet it was just what she wanted
she doesn't need to know it was her pop pop's.

KayleeDahl
02-07-2012, 09:53 PM
I once offered a sweater to my SO because she couldn't find anything that would work with her outfit, and I had something that would.... She is also in the Don't ask Don't tell club, and she considered it (to her credit) but declined to wear it.

In my mind sharing is a great thing to do - you weren't going to wear it that night, so why shouldn't your daughter enjoy the dress?

Hugs
Kaylee

PretzelGirl
02-07-2012, 10:46 PM
The nice part as I'd see it is you must be the same size as your daughter.

Ding ding ding! That is definitely a nice note.

Before my daughter knew, she kept borrowing from my wife's "second closet". It was flattering as it meant I had some current fashion sense. But then I didn't get a few items back and it wasn't so fun anymore. I had to ask my wife to ask for "her" clothes back. :)

Eryn
02-07-2012, 11:05 PM
Isn't it amusing when frugality wins out over misgivings about crossdressing. :)

Yes, your wife could have taken your daughter shopping and bought a suitable dress, but she didn't. That, at least, is a tiny acceptance of you.

Telling one's children is always a tough call. I know that my daughters would be accepting of me, but I've chosen not to tell them at the moment because that saddles them with keeping my secret. That can wait for later on when they have moved on to independent lives of their own.

sissystephanie
02-07-2012, 11:47 PM
You were being a good father, and your wife was helping both of you by providing the dress to your daughter for her to wear. My 2 children never knew that I was a CD while they were growing up. My late wife, who fully supported my CD activities, had decided not to tell them. I finally told them 2 years ago, several years after my wife had passed away. Neither one of them cares about how I dress, as long as I don't dress enfemme in front of them! And neither one of them could wear my clothes anyhow!

janet p
02-08-2012, 03:09 AM
I have a different problem my daughter knows and borrows my things but if she likes them I don't get them back.

larry
02-08-2012, 11:37 AM
This is darn funny. I just keep laughing as I am typing. I will bet you have never wiped that smile off. hehehe

Years ago my in laws drove up from Alabama for a visit. On Sunday, when everyone was getting ready for church, there was a commotion from the guest bedroom. My MIL, who at that time was much bigger than my wife, had forgotten to pack the skirt that she was going to wear to church. She asked my wife if she had one that she could borrow. My wife came into our bedroom, gave me that look, and said in a quiet voice that she needed to borrow one of my skirts. In church I smiled every time I looked over at my MIL. Leanne

Cheryl T
02-08-2012, 11:39 AM
Sharing is a two way street....
So what are you going to borrow that's hers???

Stacy L
02-08-2012, 12:14 PM
However, lo and behold out my daughter went - in the dress.

My daughter has no idea where this dress came from of course. A few days later I noted the dress had returned to its place on the hanger in my wardrobe. This weekend, my daughter wore the dress again - my wife saying nothing to me beforehand.

It looks good on my daughter (better than it does on me obviously) but it does give me a weird feeling seeing her in one of my dresses!

Hopefully one day you and your daughter will laugh about this.:)

sue1965
02-08-2012, 02:24 PM
I had the same problem as Janet. My daughter, 23, was told before she moved in with me by her mother and I about my cross dressing. She was great with it and helped me with make up and wearing things that matched. When she would borrow my clothes, I would have to go look for them. At least when I borrowed her clothes, I would wash and return them.

JenniferR771
02-08-2012, 02:34 PM
Sigh. I just wish that my wife would borrow my stuff, dresses or wigs. I would be a sign of a bit more acceptance. It has been slow progress toward acceptance so far.
Daughters now know; age 30 and 35. So far no borrowing of clothes--limited acceptance.

sometimes_miss
02-08-2012, 08:21 PM
If she's taking it in and out of your wardrobe, she knows. What, you think she believed you just happened to have a dress for her on hand in case of emergencies?? Is that the only female attire you own? And what other reason would you give her as to why you have a dress? Because it just looks good hanging there?

Sally24
02-08-2012, 09:40 PM
My daughter and I are similar sizes and tastes so we trade back and forth. Of course I have way more dresses than she does! It's only uncomfortable for her boyfriend. He'll make reservations at the last minute and expect her to have something snazzy to wear. When she shows up he has to ask "Is that your Dad's dress?". He knows but hasn't seen me as Sally.

Beverley Sims
02-08-2012, 10:03 PM
My daughter borrowed one of my dresses once, my wife gave it to her.
It was a nice long and flowing light material, one of my favourites.
She took to it with a pair of scissors and redesigned it for a school play.
Arrggghhhh!

Leslie Langford
02-08-2012, 10:03 PM

Leanne, you do realize, of course, that depending on how fundamentalist your MIL's Christian beliefs area, you've probably now consigned her to eternal damnation in Hell by having her crossdress in that skirt of yours.

Then again, maybe that was your intention all along... ;).

jaglover
02-09-2012, 04:55 AM
If she's taking it in and out of your wardrobe, she knows. What, you think she believed you just happened to have a dress for her on hand in case of emergencies?? Is that the only female attire you own? And what other reason would you give her as to why you have a dress? Because it just looks good hanging there?

Was this a response to my OP? If so then I should clarify: my wife took the dress from my wardrobe, carried along the landing and handed it to my daughter. Later, my wife took the dress from my daughter's room, carried it along the landing and replaced it in my wardrobe. This has happened twice. On neither occasion did my daughter go into the wardrobes in our bedroom. Also, while I do have 'my own' wardrobe, it's part of a line of fitted wardrobes and other doors open onto my wife's clothes. If either of my kids happened to go exploring in our bedroom then, given that my wife and I are about the same size (including shoe size!) it is extremely unlikely that either one of them would sense anything awry.

If you were responding to someone else's post then I apologise for misunderstanding you...! For the record, though, I have always hidden my stuff 'in plain sight' by putting it alongside my wife's stuff - not literally alongside, but in the next space along so to speak.

Angelofsomekind
02-09-2012, 08:01 AM
I would assume a mother wouldn't have an issue sharing a dress with her daughter.

sonna
02-09-2012, 08:18 AM
My daughter and I are similar sizes and tastes so we trade back and forth. Of course I have way more dresses than she does! It's only uncomfortable for her boyfriend. He'll make reservations at the last minute and expect her to have something snazzy to wear. When she shows up he has to ask "Is that your Dad's dress?". He knows but hasn't seen me as Sally.

hahahaha is that your dads dress i would to here that conversation.
well done on your makeup by the way.

linda allen
02-09-2012, 08:37 AM
The question is - Was it a "shirt" or was it a "blouse"? If she wore one of your shirts, that would be fine. If it was a "blouse", your MIL might have wondered why your wife had blouses lying around the house that didn't fit her.

Karren H
02-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Apparently there are levels of "don't ask, don't tell"..... Your wife is way, way, way more accepting..... Way!!

Abbyru1
02-09-2012, 11:02 AM
My wife let my sister in law use some of my things for a trip she and her hubby went on -the wifey asked me first.
Kinda neat knowing that , even though I don't "go out" as Abby, some of my things made an ocean voyage. I
know she wore them as I've seen the pictures --she doesn't know about Abby. so the pleasure was very cool.

linda allen
02-09-2012, 11:30 AM
My wife let my sister in law use some of my things for a trip she and her hubby went on -the wifey asked me first.
Kinda neat knowing that , even though I don't "go out" as Abby, some of my things made an ocean voyage. I
know she wore them as I've seen the pictures --she doesn't know about Abby. so the pleasure was very cool.

That's bad when your clothes have more fun than you do! :heehee: