PDA

View Full Version : Prejudice or dissidence

Inna
02-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Tough subject to talk about especially when it involves so many whom I got to know so well, whom I have gotten so close with, and who had shared in my experience as much as I had in theirs, but.........

Can't help but feel, a distance growing, separating my wants and needs from those whom I have privilege to call friends. I am a Transsexual Woman, and such when allowed to finally surface into an open world had given me a chance to start life, a new life, just the way I truly always felt it should have been. I have been privileged to meet some wonderful people who were, it seemed, in the same spot as I was, but as further I go in becoming whole the further I distance my train of thought and how I perceive femininity from their ways.
It is disheartening to feel I am becoming prejudiced against their ways were so much emphasis is directed to fetish and sexual tendencies of how they express their femininity.
It feels dirty, inappropriate and just plain fetishistic.

I have gotten support from them when I needed to be part of a group while feeling outcast from main society, and I do want to be supportive in the same ways but more and more I find my self engaging in friendships which carry, as I find bit later, sexual undertone.

I don't want to be a sex object nor part of any fantasy, but genuine and true friend as I feel a woman within and now slowly within reality of flesh.

I am scared of becoming prejudice but in the same context, I can't help but distance my self from what I perceive as plain fetish rather then a road map to a womanhood.

kimdl93
02-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Inna, I don't think that you need to worry. Its understandable that that your perspective is evolving as you fulfill your journey. But its commendable that you're sensitive to the possibility that your perspectives may diverging from those who have offered you support and encouragement. I do think you're entitled to experience that change, along with everything else. And I'm pretty sure that you'll remain sympathetic and supportive to those of us who either aren't so far along the path that you've taken, or have taken a somewhat different path.

Julia_in_Pa
02-07-2012, 05:08 PM
Inna,

Prejudice of what? For not wanting to associate yourself with those that are completely different than you?
Prejudice of not wanting to forever hear about the same old complaints as to why one cannot move forward?
Prejudice of those that concentrate their efforts on clothing as opposed to what they truly are not and will ever be, a woman?

Sure these people have been kind to you and have offered support at times but not moving forward because of perceived hurt feelings will only result in you being held down from where you need to go.

Julia

Kaitlyn Michele
02-07-2012, 05:52 PM
It's right to say that you are different as night and day...

I don't understand why anyone would say that a persons sexual need or feminine expression is dirty or wrong in any way..

It is frustrating to me that people don't distinguish between a transsexual saying "hey i'm just a girl" and don't lump me into the transgender umbrella, and when transsexual people say some of the things in your OP..

It is hard for me to believe (based on your previous posts) that you are saying one is better than another..but it sure sounds like it..
and i also see you struggling and saying you are worried that you are feeling prejudice..but if you truly believe a person that crossdresses with sexy clothes is dirty or innappropriate, i think that is prejudice..
Especially the part where you say "plain fetish" or "just a fetish"...to be clear, i totally get that we are different...

i have my own fetishes...i hope people would not look down on me for them!! anybody have a banana or melon?....kidding...:devil:

Kelsy
02-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Certainly it is completely understandable that you have grown through and past the support you have received and offered. Perhaps you have reached a place where the support and the growth you need now has to come from other women and folks that have moved on. How many Transsexual women are there who have grown up here and have moved on only to check in on occasion do you think? How many finally live successfully and in stealth that never return? Some come back to help. Many just live their lives in real time.

K

Inna
02-07-2012, 08:43 PM
Even though I thought I have written quite clear representation of my feelings, judging by some of the answers, I need to clarify!

I am not out casting anyone, nor am I speaking of any fetish as wrong, however, I have been exposed to suggestions of friendship which later as I found out were based on sexual attraction and invitation to join in the funky, sexual activity. If such had come from one individual, I would probably dismiss such as just a one persons fantasy, but this had happened to me several times all, following my FFS and possibly becoming more attractive that way?

I suppose one answer to my surprise is that I was way naive and thought of Transgenderism mostly being of sensual nature and only some of sexual nature but it seems, such is the other way around.

I write "It feels dirty, inappropriate and just plain fetishistic" but refers to my feelings towards supposed friendship turned invitation to a sexual act, that is why I put it in such context. And I feel that I have an absolute right to feel critical of someone who makes one kind of impression and then turns around and suddenly proposes sex in place of friendship. Well perhaps I misunderstand friendship, but my own decency does not allow such behavior.

I have written my original post because I felt betrayed, lied to, I felt as though an attack on my innocence had been proclaimed, but maybe I was just naive in thinking that for most being a woman means just that? :strugglin

By the way, none of my writing has anything to do with any members of the forum, just to be clear!:Peace:

Kaitlyn Michele
02-07-2012, 09:21 PM
Ok ..I get it now....I wondered about it because it seemed out of character....I'm sorry about the situations you described

I have had the same type of "come ons". And they actually did include people that pm'd me from this forum asking detailed questions that were sexually motivated, and other people that faked their story hoping to hear mine for whatever reason...