PDA

View Full Version : lost my job

andreapink
02-08-2012, 05:33 AM
well i lost my job several months ago. I thought i would be pissed off but ive never been happier! ive had so much time to enjoy life! hike, bike ride, sleep in, read all your post, and of course dress up! but then i realized well damn i dont have enough stuff! so i should go shopping!?! oh yea i cant im penniless! well that sucks, yes it does but its times like this i am thankful for what i do have! even if its a roof over my head, food, or the hottest heels ever!

its the little things that count sometimes!
like my fav pair of panties,leggings,a skirt, red nail polish, shaved legs, some hose, oh yea the internet, and mascara!

so i just wanted to say, no matter what, or how hard times may be try and find some joy in the little things, because peace of mind is worth way more than money, a career or your fav heels! what! wait did i just say that!?! no i mean if heels give you some peace of mind and get ya thru things, go buy 10 pairs now! and 2 pairs for me while your at it! hahaha

take care all and live life! we only live once so i hear! lol
oh yea if anyone wants to donate to me let me know! ;)

Andrea

Karren H
02-08-2012, 08:01 AM
The economy sucks way more than the public thinks! I'd be freaking out if I lost my job.... Especially since I still have 2 - 20+ kids whoi can't find good enough jobs to allow me to cut the cord...

kimdl93
02-08-2012, 09:11 AM
Andrea, I'm curious - how do you get along?

Karren, I know what you're going through. My wife and I are fortunate in that the youngest of 4 of our kids are gainfully employed at last, as we are. Its a long process but they do eventually leave the nest.

Barbara Ella
02-08-2012, 11:00 AM
I am very sorry that you lost your job. I agree with Karren, and it will take a bit longer than most think to recover. I hope you are actively pursuing employment. At the very least, it will occupy some time for you. It appears like your dressing can offer some peace for you in the rough times. I hope that continues, the dressing peace, not the rough times......

Babes

Elizebeth
02-08-2012, 11:09 AM
Yes you have time but the lack of income gets bad. I been under employed and unemployed for going on two years now after the unemployment runs out it starts to hurt.

BRANDYJ
02-08-2012, 11:12 AM
I too am sorry you lost your job. I too have recently joined the ranks of unemployed. I wish you well in your search for work.
I used to be like you in that my dressing offered me an escape in down times. But right now dressing is not something that takes presidents and I feel I'd be losing valuable time in my job search and networking for the same. As for doing something to take my mind off of it, I will be going fishing with a friend tomorrow...a day off from the job search.
But you are right; Appreciate the little things that can put a smile on your face. I'm trying.

StephanieDragg
02-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Hi I have been trying to thin out my wardrobe and have some pretty nice stuff , if we are about the same size I'd be happy to go thru my wardrobe and send you, (or anyone else here) a nice package, I'd rather send to a friend here that would appreciate them then recycle it back through the resales or donate, send me a message with your sizes if you like !! Ohhhh and nice legs btw Andrea!!!

RADER
02-08-2012, 02:17 PM
Andrea;
I feel for you on losing your job. I was a Carpenter for over 40 years, saw the writing on the wall
about 4 years back and retired. I was 60 then and could get a full pension from the union.
Today, in the Chicago Land area, a strong Union town, You can't buy a job. This "Rescission" is
a lot deeper than what the Politicians will let you know. Lets hope better times are ahead.
Rader

WsprsOnTheWind
02-08-2012, 03:17 PM
Life is not about having what you want but wanting what you've got!

NicoleScott
02-08-2012, 03:26 PM
I've had a few times of unemployment. I did everything possible to get another - that was my job - it just didn't pay then - but eventually it paid off. Having done what I could for the day, I used the time for dressup. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.

Daphne Renee
02-08-2012, 05:16 PM
Glad your happy with what you have. work is not fun but the lack of cash by not working is worse.
Hope you can get work soon.. Then go blow your whole paycheck on shoes. :)