PDA

View Full Version : Girls voice when out with friends/SO?

Katrina
10-30-2005, 11:03 AM
Ok, so here's my question. When you girls go out enfemme and meet up with friends that know, or shop with an SO, go to support groups enfemme, etc, do you use your regular voice at all or do you use a more feminine voice? The reason I ask is I think it might be strange being out with friends/SO and use a girly voice. That statement alone was strange since I would think it would be strange enough just being enfemme out with people as I have not done that. I have completely dressed up in front of my GF with the exception of my wig, but I always use my male voice - never a female one. I think that might freak her out... :(

Jenny Beth
10-30-2005, 11:44 AM
I tried a few times to change my voice and I ended up sounding like Mini Mouse and I felt quite silly. When I went to support group meetings no one used a femme voice and a few had very deep baritone voices. Some things you just can't change.

Deidra Cowen
10-30-2005, 12:42 PM
I have not mastered speaking in a femmy manner so I just go with my male voice. Most the Tgirls I hang with in Atlanta do the same...although a few do have nice voices.

It would be fun and make shopping and other stuff easier with nice voice. I would say if you have a nice femmy voice use it! ;)

Marlena Dahlstrom
10-30-2005, 01:43 PM
It depends. I'll try to soften my voice, but haven't mastered a fully femme voice. Since it does take some effort, if I'm at a support group event, I'll usually lapse into my male voice.

tifftg
10-30-2005, 04:32 PM
Last year was my first time being with a large group of other dresser's. I went to the Island Girl meeting in Chicago. I was amazed when most everyone spoke in their normal male voice, it was very strange at first but as the evening went on seemed right. Over this past year when I go out, I try to soften my voice but can't get it femmy similar to what Darla wrote. I keep practicing. The strangest for me last year was when I went through a drive through dressed enfemme, my voice wasn't ready for the experience and I know I was not what the server was expecting when I got to the window. It was a lot of fun though.

Tiff

andreaboots
10-30-2005, 10:40 PM
Wow! I was wondering about the voice thing too! I've tried to make myself sound more fem by altering my voice and ended up cracking myself and GG up to no ends! So, I guess the best thing to do if possible is speak softly and somewhat gently. That was a goood question, I wish i could be so brilliant!:bonk: :doh:

Rebecca Petersen
10-30-2005, 11:04 PM
Mastering a femme voice is probably one of the most difficult things to achieve. It took me over two years to get something that at least sounds somewhat normal. First let me say that there are a few web sites out there - some free some not - that will help you with this subject. Once you do master it however it becomes easy to go in and out of. It does make life easier to be able to converse with people in a voice that matches the visual picture.
The most important thing I learned while spending countless hours trying to change the tonal quality, is that what you say is probably more important. How you say it is second and thirdly the tone comes into play.
Here comes a really dumb statement Men and women talk differently. (DUH) It has been said that women use three times the amount of words to convey their thoughts. The two most important words in a modern womans vocabulary are "little and cute.":angel:
Anyway, just my thoughts on the subject. It was really hard work, but worth the effort.
Rebecca

JulieNY
10-30-2005, 11:57 PM
I use a fem voice sometimes, and sometimes I just give up. I really should practice more. Passing with your mouth closed isn't the same as passing in conversation. I don't think I'll venture into conversation anytime soon, myself ;)

For those interested, there are a few resources on the subject:
1) http://www.tsvoice.dns2go.com/ has some samples
2) http://heartcorps.com/journeys/voice3.htm has good advice

MissPinchy, like you, I'm a bit afraid of scaring my SO with my fem voice.

RikkiOfLA
10-31-2005, 10:28 AM
I would say that it should depend on who you're with.

I go out in public dressed (a lot) as I have been a full time crossdresser for over 5 years. I have developed a femme voice that may friends all say is passable. But it didn't come easily for me. I learned a few techniques and the rest is practice, practice, practice.

But shortly before I went full time, my wife and I joined a support group where most of the members were very closeted crossdressers. No one there spoke in a femme voice. From the moment I opened my mouth they pegged me as "way too TS" for the group and I was soon being ostracized. Bad scene!

So I would say, if none of your friends use a femme voice, don't try to. But if you go out in public, it's a good idea to begin working on it.

If you'd like to know some pointers that I have learned about doing a good femme voice, I will be happy to post them.

Rikki

Mary L
10-31-2005, 05:00 PM

If you'd like to know some pointers that I have learned about doing a good femme voice, I will be happy to post them.

Rikki
Yes, please do!

Wenda
11-01-2005, 01:30 AM
From the moment I opened my mouth they pegged me as "way too TS" for the group and I was soon being ostracized. Bad scene!
Rikki
YIKES.. I had a nice femme voice a few years ago, but didnt use it, and have a difficult time finding it now. That being said, I have found it a few times. One time, Wenda answered the phone when my gf called, and she thought she had a wrong number. I bought a cd on eBay from femme impersonator, Grae Phillips, who has some pointers on voice. I intend to be able to do femme karioke sometime soon.

Faye Emmette
11-01-2005, 08:40 AM
When I was going out a few years ago to a club in town, I would talk with just a slighlty higher tone and more softly. It wasn't pushing into falsetto but it wasn't fully girlie either. If you could imagine Wayne Newton talking like he sings. ( Oh Wayne Newton, now she's really showing her age).:)

Marlena Dahlstrom
11-01-2005, 02:08 PM
But shortly before I went full time, my wife and I joined a support group where most of the members were very closeted crossdressers. No one there spoke in a femme voice. From the moment I opened my mouth they pegged me as "way too TS" for the group and I was soon being ostracized. Bad scene!

I never had that happen, but there's one TS who's convinced I'm going to transition one day -- she doesn't seem to get that I find "acting the part" to be an interesting challenge and my efforts to develop a femme voice are just part of that.

Sam-antha
11-01-2005, 06:59 PM
Its too difficult. Speak softly, use lots of words and people listen to what you are saying rather than just listening, if you know what I mean. If they are not trying to keep up, they tend to look. Lots of real smiles help a lot as does condfidence in standing.
Some are lucky or patient. Me I just live it up.

tiffa
11-01-2005, 07:09 PM
hi dirdra ithink you will find that tgirls who speak very prity have had there vocal cords tightend lots tiffa