PDA

View Full Version : Dressing and music

goodnhose
02-09-2012, 12:08 AM
:battingeyelashes:Do you listen to music when you dress? Does the type of music you listen to in guy mode change when you get into girl mode? Any particular songs / artists get you in fem. mode? Just discovering Kelly Clarkson, i like her a lot, her new song STRONGER is great!:battingeyelashes:

Anna Talyn
02-09-2012, 04:39 AM
I tend to give myself a little more slack and listen to more pop, dance or chick rock when in girl mode. Beyonce's Love on top caught my ears recently.

Karren H
02-09-2012, 05:34 AM
What ever musac is playing at the mall! Lol.

Ava Tryptyk
02-09-2012, 09:21 AM
A lot of the music I listen to is already quite "girly" so when I'm dressing up that usually doesn't change. =P

HannahF6
02-09-2012, 09:31 AM
Music is a very big part of my life. Whenever I dress I always find some time at the piano and it is always J. S. Bach that I play. Bach always has a way of resetting my mind and making me feel comfortable. I'm not the only one, Shostakovich, even though he was a very modern composer, started every day with one hour playing Bach at his piano.

Melissa Cross
02-09-2012, 09:34 AM
I listen to the same type of music in guy or girl mode. I love classical music and do love getting dressed while listening to Beethoven.

Pitchick
02-09-2012, 09:36 AM
Two of my faves right now are "Hey (7th heaven club mix 2k11) by Milk n Sugar vs. Via Con Dias, and "Gossip" by Heavy Cross. I just use YouTube like a jukebox so you can check them out there and see if you like em.

Kate Simmons
02-09-2012, 03:40 PM
Not usually but I like to dance to music after I dress. Either at home or at the club.:)

GeminaRenee
02-09-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't find that the type of music I listen to changes when I dress. Why should it? If I like something en femme, I'll still like it en femme? But, I do listen to a broader range of music than your average boring vanilla straight guy, so maybe that's how my femme side shows its appreciation for muse.

I will say that when I am dressed, I [I]appreciate/I] music more. Maybe it's the heightened sensual experience I have when I am dressed, but I do find that songs that my man side is jaded towards take on a new light when I am out dressed. For example, Ratt's "Round & Round" came on while I was out driving the other day. Normally, I would skip to the next station, but at that time, the 80s metal vibe made me think of stiletto heels, bright lipstick, and big hair. It seemed like the perfect choice. (:

Valerie1973
02-09-2012, 09:57 PM
Dude looks like a lady by Arrowsmith LOL, or Jane's Addiction "It's a Man". Or sometimes just good old fashion ass kicking whiskey drinking biker music.

Pinky188
02-09-2012, 10:00 PM
Have you girls heard of a band called Star ****ers? You tube the song German Love by them!

Jess Marie
02-09-2012, 10:03 PM
I listen to the music I listen to any other time. I'm a stickler with music, if I hate it in guy mode, I'll hate it dressed.

Barbara Ella
02-09-2012, 10:16 PM
My music comes on after I am dressed, and can drink my wine and admire "things." I get too focused while dressing and trying out makeup to listen to music right now, but i do get relaxed and can let it all flow together when finished.. Like all music, but right now am on a Zac Brown and Josh Turner kick. Just love Andreus Vollenweider (screwed up spelling for sure) and his electric harp. Give it a try.

Babes

Krististeph
02-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Veruca Salt, Queen, Early John Foxx (doesn't seem to fit but i like i for some reason)
Also: Christina Pluhar- search 'un ame italienne'; roberta invernizzi, vivica geneaux - baroque opera- awesome voices

taĆ­s
02-09-2012, 11:43 PM
I am always listening music, obsessively <3 my tastes doesn't change, but I'll tend to trip hop, jazz and blues while en femme. (lately I've been specially enjoying an album where Solex meets Jon Spencer (http://solex.bandcamp.com/). hot!)

xd-tigger
02-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Well I'm into the punk/hardcore punk/horror punk and metal-core genre's when in guy mode. This doesn't change when I dress,. You gots to love you some horror punk :D

aliceeliot
02-10-2012, 06:30 PM
A night by myself, with freshly painted toe-nails pointing through bubbles in a hot bath (with a glass of red wine) - it has to be Vivaldi. When dressed and flouncing around my apartment it has to be ABBA, although if my make-up is a bit of a mess, the Cramps sometimes feels appropriate.

goodnhose
02-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Alice OMG!!!, ABBA!!..... never in guy mode but en fem. yes! Try Katy Perry The One That Got Away.

Pinky188
02-10-2012, 07:23 PM
A night by myself, with freshly painted toe-nails pointing through bubbles in a hot bath (with a glass of red wine) - it has to be Vivaldi. When dressed and flouncing around my apartment it has to be ABBA, although if my make-up is a bit of a mess, the Cramps sometimes feels appropriate.

I LOVE the Cramps!!!

Amy07
02-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Great question...
I think that I have been dressing to some degree so long that over the years, i have connected dressing with what ever music was popular for the day. Love the 80s when i started, classic rock, hard rock, and a bit of bluegrass too. It is a mood thing, what music i choose when dressed...

Dionne63
02-10-2012, 10:09 PM
I love to light some insence, candles and put some smooth jazz on.

jennacda2
02-10-2012, 11:09 PM
For me I pretty much listen to whatever I'm in the mood for. I mostly like music that I can dance to though. It helps me loosen up a bit.

johanna.kitten
02-11-2012, 04:13 AM
Best one in my books is "Alors on Danse". It is great to practice your 4-5 inch
heels.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pKrVB5f2W0

Failing that, for you lot that use Spotify... Spotify has this one....
Allez! On Danse Alors - 50 French Sax Club Hits
Google is your friend!

/Johanna

Luna Hikari
02-11-2012, 04:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iF3plyPtIKw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sej1cBKj77k

The first song in particular describes (not necessarily the lyrics, but the entire feel and essence of the song) my inner feeling and state most of the time.

Ally 2112
02-11-2012, 04:41 PM
I like and always have the heavier stuff or hard rock as some might say but i do like my chick music as i call it .But do not tell anyone lol !!! PS Katy perry love her music and her clothes !

brittdoll
02-11-2012, 07:18 PM
I like to listen to anything from Pink.

Kaz
02-11-2012, 07:25 PM
Sadly Kaz's tastes in music are the same as this other dude who inhabits the same skin! If it is done well and with passion... it works. Music is music.

Maggey
02-12-2012, 01:53 AM
I listen to pretty well what ever I'm in the mood for. It could be anything from hard rock to Pink floyd to ambient chill-out type music.

jetta
02-12-2012, 01:55 AM
Luv Stevie Nicks when in fem mode

rachelgirlnw1
02-12-2012, 03:06 AM
I always love this topic - there is such a wide spectrum of music!

A few months ago I was really into Keri Hilson's "Pretty Girl Rock" (esp the version with Kanye).

rachel

Annaliese2010
02-12-2012, 04:37 PM
My entire playlist is different from 'his'. Yea I like Kelly Clarkson too. The music viddy to 'Since You Been Gone' is sooo adorable ("..I get what I want!" -and she does. Aww). In fact most of my fave songs are by female artists.

Current Playlist..songs by: Lady GaGa ~ Katy Perry ~ Jessie J ~ Adele ~ Pink ~ Ashlee Simpson ~ Nora Jones ~ Christina Aguilara ~ Miley Cyrus ~ Britney Spears ~ Avril Lavigne & Cheryl Cole.

PS ~ Blue Stone is absolutely enchanting, Luna. Thank you! :battingeyelashes: