PDA

View Full Version : She stopped me from dressing. [Not for the faint hearted]

suzy1
02-09-2012, 02:54 PM
My daughter-in-law’s little 18 month old girl had a terrible cold last week.
But like all kids of that age they carry on like nothing is wrong. But Ruby’s little nose was producing runny slippery yuk from both nostrils at an alarming rate!
And it was all over her little hands as I held her. Then I opened my mouth to say something and at that moment a little fist flew up into my mouth!

Two days latter and I am in bed with the terrible cold. I have never felt less like dressing.
I even realised as I lay there in a stupor that I was wearing boxer shorts instead of my usual silk panties!

Thanks Ruby! [You wonderful little bundle of fun]

SUZY

suit
02-09-2012, 02:59 PM
when you survive that nasty cold you may live longer for it !

Joanna41
02-09-2012, 03:44 PM
It's all fun and games til someone gets a fist in the mouth...lol

Joanna

Julogden
02-09-2012, 03:55 PM
Yeah, kid's are biological factories devoted to spreading colds and generating as much mucus as possible. (EEEWWW!!)

I caught a nasty sinus cold right after Christmas, compliments of my youngest grandson who is 11. Nothing as unpleasant as your experience, Suzy, he was just sneezing a lot and at 11 tends to not wash his hands enough, and I got his cold.

Go change your lingerie, it may help you feel better. ;)

Get better soon!

Carol

kimdl93
02-09-2012, 04:10 PM
Ruby is such a pretty name...its my Mom's name too!

Leslie Langford
02-09-2012, 04:28 PM
suzy, I am living the same nightmare with my 5 year-old grandson at this very moment, as I am helping to take care of him while he and our daughter are living with us temporarily following the recent break-up of her marriage.

He has had a cold since the weekend - hacking cough, fever, runny nose - the works. He's gradually getting better, but it's a real struggle to get him to take his medicine because like most children, he has a hair trigger gag response. I'll spare you the gruesome details...

Anyway, today he inadvertently coughed hard twice in my face, and it happened so fast and unexpectedly that all I could do was cringe at the thought of all those germs raining down on me. So far, I've managed to dodge that bullet, but now the countdown begins in earnest. I'm giving it 3 days max. before I'm a mess myself.

He's in kindergarten for half-days at the moment, and at this time of the year, these places (and daycare) are just giant petri dishes as far as I'm concerned...:eek: :sad:

I'm planning to take "Leslie" day tomorrow and do some shopping before the proverbial excrement hits the ventilator. D%&n! - I hate how a runny nose makes my make up run...;)

Lorileah
02-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Hope you are feeling better soon.

sissystephanie
02-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Your granddaughter must have fast hands!! And of course she had no idea what was on those hands!! Hope you feel better soon, so you can get back to dressing properly!! Boxer shorts.................?????

sonna
02-09-2012, 05:59 PM
thats really not for weak hearted but better that than something (else) landing in there .:eek:

LeaP
02-09-2012, 06:00 PM
I sympathize, Suzy. I've still got some bronchitis from the cold I've had over the past couple of weeks. Misery. Hope it clears soon.

Lea

Suzy Parker
02-09-2012, 06:37 PM
Sorry to hear that SUZY. Gotta luv kis though. Bill Cosby described that look as a "Glazed Dognut Monster".

Here is something to cheer you up:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=me1Ndm5XHD4

Paulette
02-09-2012, 07:16 PM
Kids are just little mobile petri dishes harboring every virus known to man kind, But their little kisses are so worth the 14 days of cold like symptoms.

paula123
02-09-2012, 07:22 PM
hope you feel better soon

12Andy777
02-09-2012, 07:51 PM
Ugh...that's terrible. But she doesn't know any better :). Get well soon!

Barbara Ella
02-09-2012, 08:04 PM
You have to have them to appreciate all they bring. Just getting over my bout with my grandson's cold, which for some reason he did not give to my wife, and we babysit 3 days a week. Go figure

Get well soon and keep a supply of liquids available (and that doesn't mean water...)

Babes

josee
02-09-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm so happy that my youngest is 17. But then there's always grandkids to look forward to.

Feel better soon Suzy!

Maggey
02-09-2012, 11:52 PM
Aren't kids great, the gift that keeps on giving. I'm sure you'll both have a great laugh about this when she is older.

PretzelGirl
02-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Nightgowns Suzy! This is the time to baby yourself. Hot baths with lots of bubbles. Lay around watching the tube and eating bon-bons. Do you have one of those massagers that you can sit in a chair? Rub those achy muscles. I would say to burn some candles or potpourri, but you may not smell it.

Get better quickly!

Shananigans
02-10-2012, 04:38 PM
Lol my mom said every time I was sick, I acted like I was dying. I'm still like this.

If it makes you feel better I had a friends kid vomit on a silk blouse once. Then, her kid felt really bad about it...which, I thought was interesting. I didn't really know kids could feel bad about throwing up on clothes. So, I just said, "Don't worry about it...it was ugly anyway."

I hope you feel better!

Janelle_C
02-11-2012, 01:45 AM
I started to watch my grandson about a year ago and OMG I got three colds that first year. They are so cute but they are full of germs but its worth it. Only two so far this year.

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-11-2012, 12:11 PM
Ya just gotta love the little ones. Hope you feel well soon and get back to your pretty self.