PDA

View Full Version : Well, my landlord is awesome.

Loretta
02-09-2012, 09:22 PM
She cleaned out their storage unit, which sits outside of my house.
She looked at me, and said, "Take what you like."

So, I waited for her to leave, and I rummaged through the pile of stuff.
I couldn't believe what I found!
A Wedding dress, Heels that are just my size, a corset, garter straps, a gold and amethyst ring, and a pair of wedding slippers!
The only thing the dress was missing was the veil.
I'm debating whether or not I should post pictures, but I feel incredibly lucky!

Jess Marie
02-09-2012, 09:39 PM
That is awesome. Does your landlord know about this side of you?

If so, this story instantly got much cooler.

sissystephanie
02-09-2012, 09:42 PM
Jess is right. Your story is totally awesome!! And yes, you do need to post pictures!!

Barbara Ella
02-09-2012, 09:45 PM
If the landlord knows what was in there, and looks in after it is taken, he just might get an idea....lol

And yes, pictures are mandatory.

Babes

lingerieLiz
02-09-2012, 09:49 PM
Congratulations!
A few years ago someone was moving out of a house that I was looking at. They had left a bunch of odds and ends and in an old dresser were two very expensive slips in my size. I was sure that they intended to discard them, but I could not take the risk of "saving them" and having it noticed. I've grieved for years.

Beverley Sims
02-09-2012, 09:51 PM
One persons junk is another ones TREASURE.
I had to leave a wedding dress on a pile of new clothing I saw in New York.
The wife said "Leave it"
Better to be tactful sometimes. Damn.

Jacqueline Winona
02-09-2012, 10:06 PM
Loretta, that is so cool! I can tell you had the time of your life finding stuff. :)

Misti
02-09-2012, 10:20 PM
... I couldn't believe what I found! A Wedding dress, Heels that are just my size, a corset, garter straps, a gold and amethyst ring, and a pair of wedding slippers! The only thing the dress was missing was the veil. I'm debating whether or not I should post pictures, but I feel incredibly lucky!

Overheard at the weekly Tea Party, no, no silly, the other one: :drink:

"Hello, Loretta! Yes, fine, thank you! Get this? I was sitting at the next table to these three old bitties, and I think you should hear the gossip going around about you, and this incredible find of yours?

"Oh! That's OK, we're friends, you don't have to thank me, that's what friends are for! Just post the pics, and show them up, once and for all! Yes! Yes, I will! You, too! Ok! Bye!"

L&R, :battingeyelashes:
M.

Stephanie47
02-09-2012, 11:02 PM
That's a strange thing to find in an outside storage unit especially if she does not have any bad vibs from it. And, if she has a key to your apartment, she can check on you. Maybe, she has another motive to letting you have the dress. Is there are cougar on the loose in your neighborhood? :)

Chickhe
02-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Forget all the bad vibes... the dress makes a great halloween costume or you can even stuff it to make a scary zombie bride. There's no motive and if the previous own was going to toss it, they will only be happy someone has a use for it. Might even be a fun way to intoduce them to your female version...next halloween wear it and knock on their door for treats. Its all fun.

larry
02-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Very cool cartoon Misti

Overheard at the weekly Tea Party, no, no silly, the other one: :drink:

"Hello, Loretta! Yes, fine, thank you! Get this? I was sitting at the next table to these three old bitties, and I think you should hear the gossip going around about you, and this incredible find of yours?

"Oh! That's OK, we're friends, you don't have to thank me, that's what friends are for! Just post the pics, and show them up, once and for all! Yes! Yes, I will! You, too! Ok! Bye!"

L&R, :battingeyelashes:
M.

12Andy777
02-10-2012, 03:02 AM
Are you sure that wasn't a dream? Check to see if you still have all that! lol jk ;) that is an amazing find! Enjyoy it all :)

helena.gcd
02-10-2012, 09:04 AM
wow!!! lucky you!!!!

i want to see the pics too!!!! (and i want a wedding dress)

Misti
02-10-2012, 04:21 PM
Very cool cartoon Misti

Thank you, Larry. It is fun doing things like that, while in the spirit of it all, so to speak.

docrobbysherry
02-10-2012, 11:15 PM
Save it for YOUR wedding, Loretta! That should give u time to find all the matching accessories! Including the veil!

Spend the money u save on honeymoon bustiers and bikinis!

Dena
02-11-2012, 11:35 AM
Pics or it didn't happen!

Didn't your landlady already know? Or did I just make this up?!

Loretta
02-11-2012, 01:37 PM
QUOTE=docrobbysherry;2749630]Save it for YOUR wedding, Loretta! That should give u time to find all the matching accessories! Including the veil!

Spend the money u save on honeymoon bustiers and bikinis![/QUOTE]
I think I will!
It really needs dry cleaned.

Pics or it didn't happen!

Didn't your landlady already know? Or did I just make this up?!

Camera broke. Will have pics one of these days. Just need to wait for my electrician neighbor to fix it.
And I have a suspicion that the landlady knew. She commented on the closet of skirts and blouses I have in my closet, so I guess she left that dress and heels out for me.

StevieTV
02-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Good luck with the camera. No a days it's cheaper to buy a new one than to "fix" the old one.

sexygal
02-11-2012, 09:09 PM
Wish I had a landlord like that. Would have saved me a bundle

Naomi Rayne
02-14-2012, 08:54 PM
Thats awesome! and of course you should take pictures! It didnt happen unless theres proof >.> <.< haha