PDA

View Full Version : Crossdressing in Northern Virginia!!!

Pinky188
02-09-2012, 10:33 PM
This area is so stuffy and conservative! Its hard to have friends in this area with the same interests. I was born on the wrong coast!!!

Jess Marie
02-09-2012, 10:48 PM
You're preaching to the choir. I'm in upstate, ny. Probably not much better than where you live, and not as populated

NathalieX66
02-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Pinky, I agree with you about NoVa, but not about coasts.
I grew up in Prince Georges County, Maryland ( the NE side of the Potomac river) , and I'm up and down the eastern seaboard these days.
All I can say about Northern Virginia these days is lawyers, lobbyists, and McMansions. The DC area (mainly Mongomery County) Maryland and northern Virginia has finally beat northern New Jersey, where I live these days as the highest concentration of millionaires in the country, they now have the number one spot. We're number two where I live . Nothing but suits and BMW's.
The reality, given the demographics here, are people are way too concerned with themselves......get it?

I'll take Georgetown, DC anyday, I'll take Asbury park, NJ, I'll take New Hope, Pa. , I'll take Manhattan anywhere, I'll take the east side of Providence, R.I., I'll take Boston. The coffee's better, and the stores are better.

FirstTimeCD
02-09-2012, 11:58 PM
Pinky I am from VA and I also feel its difficult sometime to dress and go out. Where are you in VA? we can meet if we are near by.

Sometimes Steffi
02-10-2012, 08:01 AM
I'm also from NoVa

This area is so stuffy and conservative! Its hard to have friends in this area with the same interests. I was born on the wrong coast!!!

The first assertion may be true, but the second assertion is wrong. My limitation on O&A is my family situation, not my lack of friends to go out with or places to go. PM me if you are interested

Pinky, I agree with you about NoVa, but not about coasts.
I grew up in Prince Georges County, Maryland ( the NE side of the Potomac river) , and I'm up and down the eastern seaboard these days.
All I can say about Northern Virginia these days is lawyers, lobbyists, and McMansions. The DC area (mainly Mongomery County) Maryland and northern Virginia has finally beat northern New Jersey, where I live these days as the highest concentration of millionaires in the country, they now have the number one spot. We're number two where I live . Nothing but suits and BMW's.
The reality, given the demographics here, are people are way too concerned with themselves......get it?

I'll take Georgetown, DC anyday, I'll take Asbury park, NJ, I'll take New Hope, Pa. , I'll take Manhattan anywhere, I'll take the east side of Providence, R.I., I'll take Boston. The coffee's better, and the stores are better.

Also a lot of engineers, and who said lawyers (and engineers) can't be CDs.

It just goes to show that we're so great at hiding that we're hiding from ourselves, not just everyone else.

I've been O&A with over a dozen girls at a time. Again, PM me if you want more details.

anonymousinmaryland
02-10-2012, 10:30 AM
School officials may ban Cding.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/09/virginia-school-district-considers-ban-on-cross-dressing-students/

DonnaT
02-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Also a lot of engineers, and who said lawyers (and engineers) can't be CDs.

Yep, I'm an engineer and work at a law firm in DC.

There's really nothing much in No.Va. except shopping, movies and restaurants. Most go into DC, Georgetown or Dupont circle, or the museums.

Have you tried joining TGEA (http://tgea.net/) ?

They will be holding a formal event in April 2012 to help celebrate the 30 year anniversary of TGEA

kimdl93
02-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Oh, sometimes those stuffy conservatives have a lot of surprises in their closets!

kristina_va
02-10-2012, 04:43 PM
I'm in northern virginia too....seems like there are a fair amount of us here

i have been away from here for awhile, but I am now back

hope to chat with some of you in the area

kristina

~Joanne~
02-10-2012, 05:58 PM
School officials may ban Cding.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/02/09/virginia-school-district-considers-ban-on-cross-dressing-students/

That was an interesting read. There were points that also made me sick in it...like this one :

"Artis said a former classmate who was opened gay dressed in women's clothing every day to school -- and was never a distraction."

Basically they are saying that all CDers are gay, or trying to classify them as such in the public's eye. This, I think, was probably the worst quote they used.

Then there was this:

"Hinton told the station. "Freedom of expression is good, but there is a limitation. Anytime there is a threat upon a child, to me, that's where you draw the line of freedom of expression.""

Clearly there was no threat as the article stated two or three teachers have the problem , unless the teachers are threatening them, then that's a whole other problem that should be dealt with. Also there are no limitations to one's rights as protected by the constitution unless we let these people put them on us.

Naturally the first thing out of peoples mouths is "the children" when they want the support for their crazed ideas or perceptions of what is and isn't normal. These are young adults and should be treated as such. they are old enough to know themselves better than anyone else. Now if a kindergarten child was brought dressed that's a different ball game though they try to put them all under the same umbrella to justify siding with other peoples phobias.

At this rate I may never make it out of the closet
Joanne

EllieOPKS
02-10-2012, 06:37 PM
I read the same thing on MSN. Can anybody explain to me the threat? If kids want to express themselves by wearing clothing this is NOT indecent, then what is wrong with a kid cross dressing? As much as I dislike the ACLU, somebody needs to voice the rights of people to express themselves as they please. Just as an FYI, here is the link on msn.
http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/02/10/10374850-virginia-school-district-considers-ban-on-cross-dressing

I hope Virginia does not decide to start having witchcraft trials as well.

Pinky188
02-10-2012, 06:59 PM
If any of you all are in/near Leesburg, P.M. me so we can get together!

Amy07
02-10-2012, 07:37 PM
Southern Maryland here. I don't go out, and DC is a dangerous place if you do.
Be safe, please.

RenneB
02-10-2012, 07:45 PM
I wouldn't say the wrong coast, you just need to be lookin in the right places... I'm in a metro area of 4.5 million and there are bad places to go and there are not so bad places to go. Being a daywalker, makes it a little easier as even some of the nice places turn bad as the sun goes down. First, I'd find a shoppin buddy. GG, GM or CDr and watch you back where ever you go. All it takes is one jerk to spoil the entire adventure....

Renne.....

DonnaT
02-10-2012, 11:46 PM
If any of you all are in/near Leesburg, P.M. me so we can get together!
I'm about 47 miles south of there, in Montclair

girlygirly
02-11-2012, 02:32 AM
Clearly there was no threat as the article stated two or three teachers have the problem , unless the teachers are threatening them, then that's a whole other problem that should be dealt with.

In all fairness, they are probably more concerned about potential lawsuits than restricting anyone's right to expression. The MSNBC article clarifies that a little bit:

Chairwoman Thelma Hinton first raised concerns about students’ cross-dressing. Hinton mentioned reports of male students dressed in feminine clothing having to use a faculty restroom because they felt threatened by their classmates.

Hinton told WAVY-TV the problem was brought to her attention by teachers. She said she knows of several male students who were wearing makeup, wigs and dresses to class.

"My main concern is [the] safety of those individuals," Hinton told WAVY.

In February 2008, 15-year-old Lawrence King from Oxnard, Calif., who occasionally wore jewelry, high-heeled boots and makeup to school, was shot to death in class by another student. Prosecutors deemed the shooting a hate crime.

JaytoJillian
02-11-2012, 03:01 AM
Southern Maryland here. I don't go out, and DC is a dangerous place if you do.
Be safe, please.

You have to know where to go and be aware of your surroundings in DC, just like any other city. I have found clubs in DC to be safe and accepting. There's always the option of "Freddies" in Crystal City or "So Addictive" out in Reston if one is DC phobic, LoL.

kristina_va
02-11-2012, 09:49 AM
i'm in arlington here

stacey.eyes
02-11-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm near Springfield, and haven't been out much. But I do think there are opportunities, including a monthly meetup group at Freddies. And now there's a new one that meets at a private home and may be the key for me to finally get out. The first meeting of this group is next weekend, and it's being organized by Christine. You can reach her at cpow300@yahoo.com. the group is at http://www.meetup.com/DC-TransLadies-Soirees/

Sheren Kelly
02-11-2012, 02:11 PM
Pinky,
I am now in NoVA, having moved from DC last fall. I think you can find more friends if you connect through TGEA (link provided in DonnaT's post). If you lean more to the TS side, MAGIC meets in Falls Church (3ed Friday of the month). MAGIC members usually move over to Pistone's for an after meeting snack.

I live literally a few blocks from Freddies now, but haven't made it yet as I spend most weekends with my GF. This week I am on my own, so maybe I'll get there.

My experience is that the biggest problem in getting out is the tourists from small towns who may not have ever met a T person. The locals seem to take things in stride.

Sometimes Steffi
02-12-2012, 03:28 PM
You have to know where to go and be aware of your surroundings in DC, just like any other city. I have found clubs in DC to be safe and accepting. There's always the option of "Freddies" in Crystal City or "So Addictive" out in Reston if one is DC phobic, LoL.

The same 2 places I hang out. How come we haven't met?

DonnaT
02-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Been to Freddie's a couple of times myself, but was dressed drab.

http://www.freddiesbeachbar.com/

Berinthia
02-15-2012, 08:37 PM
You'll find me south of Alexandria, in my underwear, eating junk food and watching cable TV.
sounds pathetic when you see it in writing(sigh)

DCChris
02-15-2012, 10:00 PM
I'm in DC if someone here or in NoVa wants to get together.

Terri Andrews
02-15-2012, 10:05 PM
Pinky ,
I live about 45 minutes from you and I have found a lot of activies by joining a "Meet-Up "group. If interested ,send me a message

Danni Kay
02-16-2012, 07:34 AM
There's some fun things to do in NoVa, but not a whole lot...That's why I go into Washington DC! The museums are great for daytime outing and the clubs for nighttime. PM me if you'd like to do go out together sometime.

Jennie the CD
02-16-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone! This is an interesting thread! I live in Stafford, south of Washington D.C. about 30 miles or so and would welcome any conversations, meet ups, get togethers, whethere in drab or drag-not picky. Hope to meet some of you thru this forum in the NOVA and DC areas.
Cheers!
Jennie

Ava Tryptyk
02-16-2012, 12:06 PM
I don't know much about NoVa but I've lived (and studied) in DC for several years and to me it seems like a very gay-friendly and CD-friendly city, especially in areas where there are universities. Like any large city it's important to be wary of your surroundings in order to stay out of danger, but I don't think it's a conservative or stuffy place at all. There are certain areas you should be careful in if you go to (such as the parts of Southeast D.C. east of the Anacostia river), but generally there isn't much to do in those areas anyway (during my time in DC I only went to that region one time as part of a Habitat for Humanity build). I'm not in the DC area anymore but I think it would be a pretty good place for dressers.

Geneva Lake
02-20-2012, 04:40 AM
Hi Pinky! I'm just outside Lovettsville.

Jessica86
02-20-2012, 05:09 AM
I was born in Newport News in VA. I miss VA. Try coming to Texas. Talk about conservative.......

DonnaT
02-20-2012, 12:15 PM
I was born in Newport News in VA. I miss VA. Try coming to Texas.
Been there. My wife is from Waco, and wants to return. Me, not so much.

JaneAshland
02-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Wait a minute, I thought half the politicians in VA were chasing their page boys. I thought other then LA/SF that area had the largest population of "alternative lifestyle". Is DC considered northern VA? Maybe I am way off on this!

Pinky188
02-20-2012, 08:06 PM
Wait a minute, I thought half the politicians in VA were chasing their page boys. I thought other then LA/SF that area had the largest population of "alternative lifestyle". Is DC considered northern VA? Maybe I am way off on this!

DC is lumped in the Northern Va area. Im only 35-40 minutes from the city. Its were we go for fun!

Berinthia
02-20-2012, 09:02 PM
I used to live in Rosslyn and I was STILL 35-40 minutes away!

DonnaT
02-21-2012, 03:49 PM
I used to live in Rosslyn and I was STILL 35-40 minutes away!
You shoulda took Metro! :)

Berinthia
02-21-2012, 11:40 PM
I took my limo.
Check these Richest Counties in the U. S. It's US!

9. Prince William County, VA - median household income: $92,655

7. Stafford County, VA - median household income: $94,317

5. Arlington County, VA - median household income: $94,986

2. Fairfax County, VA - median household income: $103,010

1. Loudoun County, VA - median household income: $119,540