PDA

View Full Version : 1-year anniversary or "Can't see the Forest for the Tree's."

Wendy_Marie
02-10-2012, 01:41 PM
It rather blows my mind that a mere 365 days ago I had scheduled my first Therapy Appointment to finally go and deal with my lifelong TG/TS feelings.
At that time I set for myself a two year goal with the idea being to use year number one to "Test the Waters." explore and experiment without putting too much pressure on myself...and for the most part I did so without fail.

The second year I planned to use to get my transition into full swing and as actually started HRT back in September 2011 almost five months earlier than my goal date...I am well on my way to fulfilling my dream.

I currently live an estimated 60-70% of my life enfemme and by my Birthday of June 21st..it is my plan to be presenting myself as my intended gender fully with the exception of work...This is only because I made an agreement with my employer that I would hold off until Feb 2013 and she agreed to work with me then on transitioning on the job
I wish I could report that this was the easiest thing I have ever done in my life...but it isn't...then again things worth doing seldom are are they?

That is why I co-titled this "Can't see the Forest for the Tree's." Until the last few weeks it never really occurred to me just how far along I actually am right now.... I have been so caught up in taking the next step and wanting to hurry things along that I didn't realize that I am already living in "My Dream Life." While my gender presentation still causes me grief...the truth is that I come and go as I please in either Wendy or David(<--My real name) form.

My family, friends, employer, land lady, neighbors and even the Postman know and have shown support in one form or another and to varying degree's.
I go about my daily life shopping, going to the Library, Appointments, Trips to the DMV etc as Wendy if it suits me and I no longer feel fearful or that it necessary to hide who I am away from anyone with the exception of my 4-year old Grandson whom I just can't seem to get over the idea of letting him know me as Wendy....<---It's complicated by his so called Biological Father.

But the reason for my post here isn't to brag or toot my own horn...but hopefully to inspire anyone else who might read it and be wondering if coming out is right for them...? Neither I or anyone else can say what is or what isn't right for you...all I can say is that you just won't know until you look beyond the tree's and see what lies before you.

Thanks for being here for me all. :)

Wendy Marie Owens

Barbara Ella
02-10-2012, 02:16 PM
Excellent thread Wendy, and I think you will find that it really does fulfill your wishes. In life, regardless of the person/personna or gender, we often get so focused on the next accomplishment that must be completed, regardless of just what it is,that we forget who we are and where we are, and the overall situation of our life. A brief pause in the headlong rush to accomplish something to take stock is wonderful whenever it is done. It is not often easy to do, and requires inner strength to want to see just who you are at the moment, but as you write, it can be so rewarding.

Babes

drag n fly
02-10-2012, 04:18 PM
Way to go Wendy...It's amazing when you set a goal that seems so far off, and, all of a sudden, it's right around the corner..As you said, perseverence, one step at a time in the right direction, and soon enough we get where we want to be....As they say in a recovery program which will remain "Anonymous" "One day at a time" smooches, be well
Jackie

kimdl93
02-10-2012, 04:33 PM
Wendy, it sounds like things are working out ok for you, overall. You've come a long way in a year!

Wendy_Marie
02-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Thanks for the words of encouragement Ladies...