PDA

View Full Version : Awesome quesiton from my wife this morning

Jacqueline Winona
02-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Can I borrow a pair of your pantyhose? My response "Sure, black or nude?" Maybe it's a thaw in her view of my dressing? It did feel nice to be asked though. :)

Anne2345
02-10-2012, 09:39 PM
Every now and then, as if it is completely natural, my wife will ask me if she can borrow some eyeliner or mascara from me when she is out. And believe me, I always take a certain amount of pleasure from the situation when she asks. I see it as validation, acceptance, and how comfortable she is with the situation that she can ask. It is nice to be able to share such things as partners, and not be judged negatively. "Black or nude?" LOLOL!!! Very well done! :)

Marleena
02-10-2012, 09:48 PM
Can I borrow a pair of your pantyhose? My response "Sure, black or nude?" Maybe it's a thaw in her view of my dressing? It did feel nice to be asked though. :)

This is a good feeling Janice.:) I hope it leads to more approval and acceptance. My wife has been my fashion guru and shopping partner. Oddly enough our clothing tastes are the same. She informed yesterday I needed a different color shoe for my new capris. I was like, okay?

Barbara Ella
02-10-2012, 09:54 PM
That has got to be a welcoming question that puts to rest some fears. Step by step. Just make sure to keep your supply of hose, panties, and makeup stocked up so you can assist her again if needed.

Babes

STACY B
02-10-2012, 10:05 PM
Same here my wife gets stuff from me all the time ,,, Just the other day we went to a wake an she hardly ever wear stockings an ya know us we are johnny on the spot with the hose ,, An of corse ill give her my best ones cuz I want her to look her BEST. As she would want for me , An lucky for me she just so happen to not have any heels to go with her outfit so me being the loving partner that I am we rushed out in the spur of the moment an got her some new an matching heels to make her complete . Ohhhhhhhh an picked me up a pair that I have been STALKING for a month ,,, But ,,, But ,, It was just a fluke becuz we were in there anyway sooooooooo watch it,,,, An I paid for them ill have you know !!!!!

Dionne63
02-10-2012, 10:06 PM
I would sat you have reached a level of acceptanence, bravo. Oh ya and could I borrow some li gloss. ( :

jjjjohanne
02-10-2012, 10:09 PM
"I can't believe I'm asking you this, but can I borrow a pair of hose?" That was how my wife phrased it the first time. She might have borrowed some a second or third time, but I cannot remember. She has never been fully accepting of any of this stuff...

AnitaH
02-10-2012, 10:20 PM
My wife needed a pair of black knee hi stockings one morning and didn't have any. So I offered her some. I went to the dresser to get some, she said I don't want to see this, but she took the pack of stockings and wore them. That counts for something, it's more than many have and I grateful.

AnitaH

AnitaH
02-10-2012, 10:38 PM
Oh, and my wife has largely quit using makeup. She ran across her make-up kit a few weeks ago and said here you might as well have this. Also one night as I mentioned that I was thinking of painting my toenails, she handed me a bottle of her nail polish that had been sitting beside her.

AnitaH

Jacqueline Winona
02-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Thanks, girls-If I could just post the "like" next to each of your posts I would! It was such a rush, I thought about it all day, and just felt so good. She followed it up with another one tonight- "I can't beleive I'm asking you this, but is this your nail polish?" I told her no, that was a bottle you left in my car. But she said it without any malice, dilike, and with the "happy voice" as if it were somewhat funny but not entirely uncomfortable. I know it's just small steps, but still, it feels incredible to be in this spot rather than being scared of my own "shadow."

Marleena
02-10-2012, 11:20 PM
She might just need time to get used to it. It can be fun for both of you if she accepts it, sounds like it's going well.:)

Krististeph
02-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Very nice, Sometimes my petite wife 'borrows' ( i never see it again, except on her side of the closet ) something stretchy, something casual/classy. Pantyhose? I tried getting her interested in stockings- she liked the thigh-highs, at first- but prefers pantyhose. No problem for her- if she needs more, it's up to me to go out and get them... :-/ Ohhh, but she looks so good in sheer black.

Janelle_C
02-11-2012, 12:52 AM
I'm so happy for you my wife asked to use some of my eye shadow one time and its a great feeling like your just one of the girls.

Kathryn_Cox
02-11-2012, 01:06 AM
Thats great, sounds very promising my wife is just a little sneaky and wears my favourite dresses to work when she thinks that I wont find out :laughing::kiss:
Kathryn

Elizabeth Ann
02-11-2012, 01:34 AM
"I can't believe I'm asking you this, but can I borrow a pair of hose?" That was how my wife phrased it the first time. She might have borrowed some a second or third time, but I cannot remember. She has never been fully accepting of any of this stuff...

That is almost exactly the way my wife phrased it, except it was "do you have . . ." rather than "can I borrow . . ." as she never had any intention of giving them back. This happened twice, and while I enjoyed the situation immensely, I was just clear headed enough to know that it was necessity rather than acceptance.

Liz

Chickhe
02-11-2012, 02:47 AM
My wife asked to borrow my makeup on halloween... to tell the truth, I didn't want her messing around with my stuff, but let her use it anyhow, there is a dynamic there that's kind of like walking on thin ice...not sure about the protocol goes for sharing girl stuff...

noeleena
02-11-2012, 03:19 AM
Hi,

Sounds pretty good to me. to share things.

...noeleena...

Beth Mays
02-11-2012, 05:14 AM
I was shopping for makeup lastweek and came across my wife's brand and shade of lip gloss. I bought her the shade she wears and a 2nd one a little lighter. Beforevi went to work on Friday I left both on the bathroom counter then when we talk later in the day that she would find a little something from me when she gets home from work.
Although she does not support my dressing she did send me a text and say it was very thoughtful and she is glad I was thinking of her. When I got home she had a nice meal cooked and again say thanks... how did you know what to buy me?

sarahcsc
02-11-2012, 06:02 AM

That is so cute...

But I thought it would've been funny if you said "No! These are my pair of pantyhose, go get your own!!" lol

But I am happy for you nonetheless, it seems like she is very comfortable with you. ;)

Sammy777
02-11-2012, 06:19 AM
"I can't believe I'm asking you this, but can I borrow a pair of hose?"

She followed it up with another one tonight-
"I can't beleive I'm asking you this, but is this your nail polish?"

Do you see a pattern here? Hmmmmmm?

I hate to point this out but -
"I can't believe I'm asking you"
sounds more like something said out of necessity then the glimmer of acceptance beginning.

More like, crap I'm out of [whatever] I hate to do it, but I know he has [whatever] and asking him is better then going to the store for it. :straightface:

Just my opinion though :)

Diane Lynn
02-11-2012, 06:49 AM
My SO borrows my cloths all the time. She has even started to wear dresses to work, since I do not own ant pants. If I need them, I know where they are. The only problem is, when she gets home, she does not stay in my cloths to long. I usually help her take them off, and we end up doing it on the couch.

KrystalA
02-11-2012, 07:14 AM
My SO and I don't wear the same sizes. I'm more slender than her, and she's always saying things like "Damn, I wish I could wear that dress". She has, however, borrowed makeup items from me now and then. I feel truly blessed, having such a wonderful, supportive SO.

Raychel
02-11-2012, 07:16 AM
That is awesome. My wife doesn't ask me, she just takes, and it is not eally borrowing, because I never get the things back.

Jacqueline Winona
02-11-2012, 09:54 AM
Do you see a pattern here? Hmmmmmm?

I hate to point this out but -
"I can't believe I'm asking you"
sounds more like something said out of necessity then the glimmer of acceptance beginning.

More like, crap I'm out of [whatever] I hate to do it, but I know he has [whatever] and asking him is better then going to the store for it. :straightface:

Just my opinion though :)

It's certainly a valid point of view, Sammy, and I can't rule it out. She didn't keep them, though- after she changed out of work clothes she put them on my side of the bed. :) We talked about our days, and when she feels really uncomfortable with something that I do (or is mad at me) she usually isn't so talkative. So, I'll just take things slow as everyone advised and wait to see wha happens next.

Thanks again, girls for the comments! I love to hear all the stories from all of you. :)

Cheryl T
02-11-2012, 09:57 AM
It's become commonplace for us to share things.
She wanted to try the new Bali bra that she saw at Kohl's and I was able to find it online cheaper so I asked if she wanted them.
When I placed the order for hers and asked if she wanted anything else she said, "What color are you getting for yourself?". When I told her she said, "I thought that's the color you'd want".

It's so wonderful to be able to be so open now after all the years of hiding. It's made us so much closer.

VickieBonne
02-11-2012, 12:30 PM
Having my bride borrow something of mine to wear is even better than when she buys me something out of the blue... Both reinforce the fact she loves and supports me. :)

Alicia_lynn419
02-11-2012, 03:11 PM
My ex wife use to ask me to borrow my clothes to go to work.. bras, make up.... yet she could see no real advantage to being married to a CD.....

sexygal
02-11-2012, 08:43 PM
My wife and I were out shopping and she pulls a skirt out off the rack, checks the size, then holds it up to me going; "This might work". Never know what can happen.

Miss Lisa
02-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Well this isn't about stockings or makeup and she didn't realy ask but my wife was trying on a new white top yesterday when she remembers she got a white bra. After a quick rummage through she found one but it had no straps so she was a little dissapointed. It felt good to be able to go to my draws and pull out some straps from my bra draw and help fix hers. Although she is still not at the truly accepted stage yet she often wears my dresses she had brought me but I don't mind. I just hope I look as hot in them as she does.

ColleenCD
02-12-2012, 05:10 PM
Through the years my wife has given me numerous items she no longer wore, but on occasion I could help her. Typically hose, but every now and then she would get some jewelry that matched an outfit. It's the best feeling to share the things with her that are decidedly feminine.

Colleen

Jacqueline Winona
02-12-2012, 08:10 PM
It really is the best feeling to be able to share with your wife, isn't it? Today she borrowed some of my eye firming cream, and even asked me how often do you use it, then acknowledged that it has really worked for my face. :) Love the stories, everyone! If nothing else, they validate how good this feeling is for me. :)

Stacey Summer
02-12-2012, 08:30 PM
I have a skirt that my SO keeps borrowing and she's forever borrowing my tights because she's laddered hers, lol. Fortunately my feet, while they will fit into a size 7 (UK) female shoe, are biggers than hers so she can't borrow my shoes =D

I'll admit to taking vast pleasure in letting her borrow my things and I'll agree that it gives a feeling of validation, even if that feeling is only in my mind!

Eryn
02-12-2012, 08:51 PM
Sharing is fun, isn't it? One of my modes of sharing is finding out that an item of hosiery is too short for me (I'm a bit off the top of the size charts) so Mimi gets to wear it!

Angie G
02-12-2012, 08:58 PM
That is a good feeling. I love it when it happens.:):hugs:
Angie