PDA

View Full Version : The Power of Positive Thinking

PretzelGirl
02-11-2012, 11:25 AM
I believe that a positive outlook takes us a long way in everything in life. In the last week or two, I see that a lot of my replies are about positive outlooks, so I thought it was a good topic on its own.

Can we be our own worst enemy? We sure can if we approach things with a negative attitude. You get out of things what you put in, so if you put in negative…..

Think about it. How many times have we read here “I told my wife about this and told her that I am not gay and I am not transitioning.”. Do you think that we could be putting thoughts into their minds by doing this and actually be doing damage? Who says that we have to answer a question that hasn’t yet been asked? In my mind, the minute you say it, your wife’s thoughts go from just dressing to all these other things you just placed in her mind. I know I have never been asked if I am transitioning and the only person to ask if I had gay sex was my physician. I can safely assume that was for medical reasons.

So what should we be doing? Set the stage that this is a good thing. Honey I do this and I am happy. It is a great thing and I feel comfortable and fulfilled. I have yet to come out to someone that didn’t accept. Yes, I know my day is coming. But I attribute part of it to making no excuses. This is who I am and I am happy about it.

Let’s apply this to going out. If you go out with a negative attitude, what do you do? Maybe you turn your head away as you walk past people so no one looks you in the eye. Maybe you skulk around empty racks of clothes so that you aren’t passing closely to the other shoppers. What does this do? This actually draws attention. Look everyone in the eye and smile. A smile is the most disarming thing and tells everyone that you are happy with yourself. Don’t try to avoid contact. You don’t have to force contact, just let it come naturally and then enjoy it.

I am not saying all of this to push anyone to come out to their family and friends or to get out on the town if they don’t want to. Only do what you are truly comfortable doing. I just believe that if you do anything with a completely positive outlook, you will get the most out of what you are doing.

AllieSF
02-11-2012, 03:29 PM
You make a very good point. Smile and the world smiles with you. Everyone has down moments and sometimes those need to be shared with someone else to help one through them. However, if someone is always looking and talking on the negative side, others will pick up that mood and may react similarly or just decide that they really do not need to be associated with that situation because it hinders their enjoyment of life more than it helps. Some of the nicest people have some of the most serious life issues to deal with that others never really even know about.

Nikki A.
02-11-2012, 05:13 PM
I have to agree with what you said. As soon as I accepted that what I was doing was OK and had a positive attitude about it, it seems that everything else fell in line.
Honestly, the only time I am apprehensive is when using the ladies room when dressed. Not that I think I'm doing anything wrong,but there are some crazy people who might make a scene, although this has never been the case yet and it may just may be me worrying.

Vanessa Storrs
02-11-2012, 06:00 PM
No matter how nervous you may be inside if you project an attitude of confidence you will become confident and self assured. Hold your head high, shoulders back, boobs forward and smile.

Kaz
02-11-2012, 07:32 PM
Sue, I am an open door on this one! Put PMA together with openness and honesty and the cocktail becomes lethal! I do a lot of speaking in public and you can take everyone with you with the right approach. They may not agree with you, but they will respect you!