PDA

View Full Version : Young & scared >>> old & bold

STACY B
02-11-2012, 09:17 PM
Well not been here real long . But seen alot in the short time , Personaly I think that the main reason for younger chix not coming out is lack of lifeskills , And what I mean by that is they havent had enough time to find out who an what they are in life make there way,, Become who they want ,, On the job ,, In life ,, An come to grips with this whole process. The reason all of us ol gals dont care is becuz we have been there an done that an have all the Tshirts. We dont need any friend to make us feel accepted , We just want to be left alone an dont have a need to hang out with alot of folks ,, We want to do what we want to do an not what everybody else wants us to do. Thats why most not all of us ol chix distance ourselves from family an ol friends so we dont have to be something we are not anymore ,, To us ol friends mean trouble an ridacule , So if we have any its new ones that accept us for who we are . That was my problem when I was young tryin to fit in to a mold that was all wrong. So it took along time for me to get rid of the stigma of what I was doing and wanted ,, All the people around me were what I was trying to get away from but pulled in by life an what the world exspected of what I looked like on the outside not what was realy on the inside, But thinking back on all I have been through it has realy made me the smart little lady that I am today ,,Cuz all the while the boyz were thinking that I was one of them I was infiltrating there little group an loading my girl guns for a shoot out later . An thats why I told my sweet wife that I now know all the tricks about alot of bizzness an I can make money like man and spend it like a lady.An I told her in the begining that you think dressing is bad enough try to learn all about being a man an being a girl in one lifetime? One secret of all this is one that alot of chix dont tell ya is a good tool is distance yourself from all the family& friends an that stops the judgment an live YOUR LIFE for you . Ya cant be on top of everybody else an make this happen you cant ,, If your not comeing out I mean . So if your still young an confused just think about making new friends an starting a new then it all comes together an its not easy life never is, but its just my personal thoughts. :love::love:

Laura912
02-11-2012, 09:54 PM
Us ancient ones need to remember that the environment for younger CDs is different from what ours was at the same age. We had to deal with stronger societal taboos. Because of that, things stayed buried longer and we dealt with learning how alone. That led to a lot of trial and error. Not too sure this oldie feels quite so bold either!
Laura

Barbara Ella
02-11-2012, 10:10 PM
I do admire you "ancient ones" in what you had to work through during those times. While I can discuss the news of the day with you all, I am a juvenile cross dresser, and am enjoying the trails you all blazed. i truly appreciate the efforts, and most truly enjoy the stories you all have to tell, even if it involves walking uphill through snow both ways to the dress store.

Bless you all, Babes

PretzelGirl
02-11-2012, 11:33 PM
A lot to chew on there. First, and not knowing what you classify as old, I very much like to share this with other people. So do I need friends to feel accepted? Well you can't be accepted if there is no one to do the accepting. And whether they accept or not, I am going to be out there.

I think we are at a turning point. The "well-traveled" of us drop some of the fears as we get older for whatever reason. The young people are more accepting, so I feel there are more young people that get out of the closet. So overall, I feel there is higher percentage of us getting out and that will result in people being more used to seeing us.

Bree-asaurus
02-12-2012, 12:03 AM
What about the young and bold? ;)

I may be transexual, but when I came out to my friends, both younger and older, they didn't care one bit. If I came out as a crossdresser they would have been just as supportive.

I dunno... at a few days from being 28, am I young or am I old? I dunno...

docrobbysherry
02-12-2012, 12:57 AM
Two thots, Tracy:

1. I think your life advice applies to ALL youngsters whether they dress or not! I certainly went thru a difficult maturation period and didn't have ANY gender conflicts until late in life!

2. For some of us older folks, we've spent a life time developing family, friends, businesses, and an entire lifestyle. Much of which would change or disappear entirely if we suddenly showed up wearing a skirt!
I would argue that most youngsters have a LOT LESS TO LOSE than some of us oldsters if they came out dressed! Like Bree states above!

PS: Bree, you're VERY YOUNG! Viewed from THIS ancient tree!

Bree-asaurus
02-12-2012, 01:01 AM
Two thots, Tracy:

1. I think your life advice applies to ALL youngsters whether they dress or not! I certainly went thru a difficult maturation period and didn't have ANY gender conflicts until late in life!

2. For some of us older folks, we've spent a life time developing family, friends, businesses, and an entire lifestyle. Much of which would change or disappear entirely if we suddenly showed up wearing a skirt!
I would argue that most youngsters have a LOT LESS TO LOSE than some of us oldsters if they came out dressed! Like Bree states above!

I have to agree with this. The younger generations seem to have a lot less hangups when it comes to people who are outside the standards of society.

stacycoral
02-12-2012, 01:54 AM
I have to agree with this. The younger generations seem to have a lot less hangups when it comes to people who are outside the standards of society.

I think Bree said a mouth full here, I do really think the younger generation doe not care as much about fitting into the cookie cutter, so everyone will see them as like everyone else. And Bree, your a young chick, enjoy it girl!!!

Sammy777
02-12-2012, 03:15 AM
I've found that people have 4 basic reactions.

1) Acceptance [I think it's great]
2) Understanding [I don't quite get it but I'm still happy for you.]
3) Indifference [I don't get it, or care to, but thanks for sharing]
4) Non Acceptance [Get away from me you weirdo]

A 2 can easily become a 1
A 3 can become a 2 and in time possibly a 1
A 4 will almost always stay a 4 but could move to 3.

Don't always go by the assumption that younger is more accepting then older.
I have had younger people be 4's and older people be 1's and everything in between.

STACY B
02-12-2012, 08:49 AM
An it also has alot to do with where ya live ,, Basicly what I was tryin to say is younger chix havent made it in the world ,, Like jobs an haveing a family , There parents are all still around there is alot of different reasons for it and dont get me wrong I know fora fact that all dont fit into this mold by any meens. But where I come from basicly ya got to work an provide an folks dont get it not so liberal with there thinking ,,, Live an let live remember REDNECK USA . Even if they were just like you and if ya want the truth I personaly think if they are just like you they are far more dangerous than the ones who arent , For fear of being outed so they try an over emphacize the facts so the spot light will be redirected to you an there will NO chance of anyone ever thinking less of the way they are. But realy strong willed ones will come out young no dought about that but for the most part the majority will stay in , Just look at the new members ,, Thay say they have been on here for a year or 6 months an just now joined ,, Hell my fiend told me about this site one day an 2 hours later I was posting to you fine ass girls on here an been here ever since, An when I say old its all in what ya feel . Yall know that you are way different now at say 40 or 50 or 60 ,, then you were at 20 or 25 yall know that for sure ,,, Way more confedence than ya had at that age most of us not all ,,, Ya cant put all in the same box ,,, You know who im talking about you know who you are . but most know dam good an well that when you get older you dont want to go an hang out on the corner an around the burn pile , an in the parking lots around town an what ever you did when you were young ,, Your completly happy with staying home dont have to have a bunch of people around to entertain you an keep you company any more ,, Thats what I was trying to get out not that you cant have friends ,, Just ya dont have to hang out with a bunch of so called friends that dont dress up an play like we do an dont have our lifestyle thats all . Its way better just to have fun an do what YOU want to do .