PDA

View Full Version : Cherry picking

susan54
02-12-2012, 07:58 AM
We cross-dressers get asked if we would prefer to be women. Absolutely not in my case. I like being a man, but there seem to be some things about being a women that would put me off if I had a choice.

We can choose our boob size and our hair (OK woman can too, but they are expected to have their own and our boob selection is painless)
We don't get cellulite
We have not grown up with magazines that give us a complex about how we look
We can't get pregnant
We don't get periods
We (mainly) are attracted to women - men often do not treat women well
We have careers as men where we are not judged on our appearance
We can just opt in to many of the nice bits of being a woman - clothes, perfume, dressing up to the nines to go out, shopping for clothes, etc, and then opt out when we like as well.

I reckon we cross-dressers are the ones who have it all.

Raychel
02-12-2012, 09:09 AM
I reckon we cross-dressers are the ones who have it all.

Very well said.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kate Simmons
02-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Even so, being a woman has it's own particular rewards in spite of all of that stuff you listed. Ask any woman if this is so.:battingeyelashes::)

Ally 2112
02-12-2012, 03:02 PM
Well us cder's do not have it all and nor do GG'S .We all have our issues .I give GG's kudo's for what they have put up with over the years .I have 2 daughters so i know a lot of the issues they go throu .Also being a cd is not all that easy if you cannot find anyone to acceppt it ?

Annaliese2010
02-12-2012, 03:29 PM
I'll just say I agree with the heart of your message: GG girls are Awesome, no doubt...every one of 'em a mystery of a sort that 'we' as either crossdressers or somewhere in between, transgendered, simply do not comprehend, share nor even approximate. Never will, IMHO.

The outer surface reality manifests directly from out of some mystery that's down down waaay down there beneath the below, inside the middle of the smallest subatomic subquantum subspace middle. A woman is a moment by moment miracle, a light in the dark somehow against all odds rising right straight up & out of the undifferentiated esthetic continuum common to all things, yet doing so in such an appealing way. Quite amazing, graceful, poised, enthralling, enchanting...maybe because she remains deeply intuitively connected. IDK, I'm just blue-skying ;)

Whatever the case may be...sure glad there are such creatures as GG girls & women out here on the surface manifold to ground us...and/or royally fck us up (LOL).

Persephone
02-12-2012, 06:16 PM
Hi!

Despite your list I would switch sides in a heartbeat!

And while you're making lists you might consider:

Women are able to create and nurture new life rather than just be sperm donors.

Despite all of the "terrors" that you listed, women still manage to outlive men by 5+ years and 90% of the people who live to 110 years of age are women.

I'm sure others can add quite a bit to the list of pluses for being a woman.

Hugs,
Persephone.

docrobbysherry
02-12-2012, 11:26 PM
Only ONE Cherry Picking condition for me:

That I'm a stunner! All the rest of it, I'd work out and live with!

Jacqueline Winona
02-12-2012, 11:32 PM
and the problem is? :) Seriously, you bring up great points, we have it good in many ways.

Barbara Ella
02-12-2012, 11:49 PM
When we fight through the stigma, and internal strife we can begin to approach having it all. Dont think anyone ever gets there, but I am enjoying the fight for it.

i appreciate some of the feelings that GGs will have toward the cross dressers who dont seem to quite understand how lucky we are overall.

Hugs and kisses to the GG reading. I love all you ladies and appreciate the support you provide.

Babes

Karren H
02-12-2012, 11:54 PM
How atypical of a male attitude is that? Wanting all the positives without any of the negatives! Lol! God...... I sound like my wife!

Polly R
02-13-2012, 03:06 PM
Well said babes... You're so right when you talk of the stigma that we assume others have (mostly true) in how they look at us CDers. Likewise the internal strife that most of us fight with because we don't really understand why we've got this 'affliction'. I'm a man with no desire to transition but I've been fighting his CD urge for nearly 40 years and only in recent times am starting to come to terms with it thanks to my SO.

And to get back to the original question, yes, we do tend to cherry pick the best bits...

xx Polly

Shananigans
02-13-2012, 03:56 PM
Weird...I MUST be a woman, because I see some of your disadvantages as some of the greatest things about being a woman. Some things make life a bit more difficult, but I don't think I would change a thing. I also think it is what adds to the "feminine mystique" that I see so many times on this forum that men just don't understand. There are things about being a woman that make life more difficult...this is true. But, at the same time I have been shaped better for it. And, only another woman would understand our greatest mysteries...perhaps, CDs and other men just kind of see them as disadvantages. I'm glad that you like our style though...it's one thing I guess that we can share!

#1 Boobs and Hair: My hair may not be detachable to switch from style-to-style. But, it's a pretty great thing that it is firmly planted on my head. My boobs? Psh...there are so many different types of bras now that it doesn't even matter anymore. Crossdressers thought they were smart with double-bra tricks, but I learned that trick in middle school. I wore chicken cutlets in high school. Thank God for birth control allowing me to grow real ones...one day I'll buy some new ones.
#2 Cellulite: Just exercise?? Men get the chest-of-drawers syndrome where everything starts to fall over their pants line in the front. Women usually gain more weight in their ass and it results in cellulite. What we can all learn is that we look bad when we don't exercise.
#3 Pregnancy: I hope I can experience this miracle one day. I think it is one of the coolest things in the world. My greatest fear in life is actually not being able to have a child.
#4 Periods: Yeah, they suck...but, the commonality is that all of my girlfriends have them too. It's kind of awesome when our cycles all sync up and we can b*tch about it together. It's also the only way that you can accomplish #3 on this list. My pathophysiology teacher described periods as your body crying because it wasn't pregnant. My friends and I still joke about this all of the time. "My body is crying because I am not pregnant." The men in our class just look really confused...but, all the girls know..
#5 Men: Meh...being bisexual, I can tell you that women are pretty sh*tty too.
#6 Career Appearance: I judge men all of the time on the appearance. If you aren't professionally dressed, I probably won't be handing you my money. If you mean by actual looks, I pride myself in the fact that I am both smart and good looking. Men at the bar see me as some bimbo that they can "educate," and I always love to leave on a note where I correct something that they have told me. Some guy gave me this whole lecture, not knowing I was a biologist. I listened intently, and nothing pleased me more than to correct him on his classic misinterpretation behind the meaning "survival of the fittest." My drink tasted a thousand times better as I walked away. I like to do the same thing when I am interviewing for a job. It's a funny to see me walk into a research lab to interview for a job...I almost can physically feel the eyes roll. But, then I plop out my CV and research papers....ooooooh, it feels GREAT!
#7 Clothes: I can opt in and out too...but, the perk is that I still look like a girl in sweatpants and a ponytail...or, if I am butt-arse naked and just hopped out of the shower.

So, who has it all? We will just have to agree to disagree :)

Marleena
02-13-2012, 04:19 PM
Susan I think there are advantages/disadvantages to being either sex. We can never be biological females. I also know you posted this with good intentions. So yes we can have fun with our femme side.:)

Persephone
02-13-2012, 06:27 PM
So, who has it all? We will just have to agree to disagree :)

I may be only 1/2 way (or even less!) toward your side physically, but I am in total agreement with what you wrote!

I *L*O*V*E* (and am totally jealous of) your incredible writing talent, your grace, and your charm!

Hugs,
Persephone.

jilliannichols
02-13-2012, 07:11 PM
Shenanagins,I just knew you were a freakin genius.Sometimes the best things are also the worst and vice versa... I think women get the Tao of things much better than men do..."Femaleness"is probably more of a full-time responsibility than is "Maleness"...But rewards often come from responsibility...I'd pick brains and beauty,in that order,as my dream conditions if given the choice to be a woman...
Any woman who isn't truly ugly can look great given time and talent or training(no one is born with make-up instincts)...men always look like,well...men.
I feel that respect( and even awe) may be what many CDs experience when contemplating the "womanness"of life.
Anyway,we love much more about women than we don't as we try to empathize rather than pity (so demeaning).

Jess Marie
02-17-2012, 10:48 AM
I just want to say that men don't necessarily have a "period," but we do have a 33 day hormonal cycle.