PDA

View Full Version : GG's, why are you on the forum?

Brittany CD
02-12-2012, 07:35 PM
I am fascinated that GG's frequent the mtf crossdressing forums, so I was wondering why you girls come to a forum where guys talk about dressing as girls. Thanks a lot

Just Elizabeth
02-12-2012, 07:45 PM
I am here trying to understand my SO, since he finds it almost impossible to open up to me about his feelings and his thoughts. I am hoping I will see something here that I might recognize in him and relate to, so I can understand.

It's as simple as that for me.

Just Elizabeth

Brittany CD
02-12-2012, 07:48 PM
Don't scare them off! I need their opinions!

Lol, so do I :D I like a good female opinion

Shananigans
02-12-2012, 08:07 PM
My SO (who is TG) introduced me to this forum about 2 years ago. It was great to meet more people that shared the same interests as my SO and I learned A LOT! Thanks, everyone :) I felt at the time that I was also "in the closet" because my SO did not want to share his secret. I didn't have anyone to turn to except the people here on this forum.

I'm also kind of a girlie-girl, so I really like talking about makeup, clothes, accessories...it's a hobby. In high school and early college, I was working a lot as a makeup artist in sales and in stage makeup...but, we never addressed all of the makeup aspects in transforming a male face to a female face. I have learned a lot in refining my techniques on contouring, hiding beard shadow, and increasing eyebrow height. I do my SO's makeup and try to break it back down to him so that he can learn. I also would have been lost when we were looking for breast forms. I was trying to find more bras for my SO to buy for Christmas, and I was kind of clueless on what I was looking to buy when breast forms were concerned. I had bought him a bra when he first got the forms, but couldn't find another one like it. Thanks to a member from this site, I know more about what I am looking to buy. We also learned all about adhesives and removal.

I have also just found that there are quite a few like-minded people on this site. I have quite a few friends here that I PM regularly, or tell me that I need to look at a thread and offer input. It usually turns into some really good debates where I end up learning even more! One debate on this forum (Badtranny and I were bumping some heads haha) actually sparked me researching a TG topic in my nursing field, and I won a scholarship for my research. So, it was a plus! So, thanks to hearing about this forum and being active in some of the debates on here, I didn't have to shell out any money for my uniforms/lab coats.

Do I get aggravated sometimes by the topics here? Yes. But, this form has helped me see so many sides to issues in the TG community, and when I see topics that I feel need a different point of view...I give it. In this way, I hope that other people are learning to see many sides to an issue.

WsprsOnTheWind
02-12-2012, 08:10 PM
As a GG, I came here to see if I could better understand the whole concept. I know that I will never fully grasp it all but I feel that being with a spouse who has gone to the ends of the earth to make sure I've had every book, link, piece of literature, answered endless question upon question and never gotten impatient when I've asked him the same stuff more than once has sure helped (but then it was for HIS benefit so why wouldn't he?). I feel sorry for you ladies that don't have SO's who are as patient as mine has been. I would encourage you CD's who have SO's that are trying to accept you and grasp this to be very patient, loving and kind, especially if you have been with them many years and they just now found out about you being a CD.

OP, I see you have only been on this site a short time so let me say that this site is far more than CD's coming here to talk about dressing as girls.

WifeofWrenchette
02-13-2012, 12:37 AM
I'm here to support my SO and the other CD's that come here. Also, I've learned A LOT and gotten a lot of perspectives that I otherwise wouldn't have. It's been a great learning experience as well as a support system.

Sandra
02-13-2012, 03:00 PM
I'm here to try and offer advise and support for all who are members. I will also add that the forum has educated me more, especially on the transexual side.

Stitch
02-14-2012, 03:19 AM
I joined originally because my Boyfriend got me to join a different Crossdressers forum, but I found its support network for GGs to be lacking, so I dug around and found this place, and I've been here ever since. He isn't a member here.

I pretty much stay because it's an interesting read, and I feel more welcome here by all members than in the original forum I joined. :)

DianeSusanne
02-14-2012, 10:28 AM
Why am I here? Because I found out that most of my assumptions were wrong and someone was kind enough to point me in the direction of more information.