PDA

View Full Version : What are your pet peeves about dressing?

Brittany CD
02-12-2012, 10:45 PM
Excluding social stigmas, what are your biggest pet peeves about crossdressing? For me, even though I love putting on anything feminine from boots to dresses, I can't stand panties. I don't feel comfortable in them at all. I also can't stand makeup. Obviously makeup is needed to become a woman, but I have never liked having stuff all over my face. My last peeve is the body thing. My male body is fairly big, but recently I've been wanting to have a figure similar to some of the girls I see around or some of the other crossdressers I've seen.

What are your pet peeves?

Jacqueline Winona
02-12-2012, 10:48 PM
I love panties (just enjoying the feel of them right now on smooth legs- first time in a while :)). But I really perspire a lot with foundation, just a health issue that I have to live with.

Karren H
02-12-2012, 11:27 PM
I never really understood "pet peeves". If I had a pet that pissed me off I'd kill it.... Maybe when I was younger things annoyed me more... I could have called them "pet peeves". Now that I'm old... **sigh** I either really hate something or really love it.... Not many in betweens...

Cheryl J
02-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Pet peeve about dressing? I'm not dressed enough, that's my peeve.

Barbara Ella
02-12-2012, 11:41 PM
I am still in my newbie phase, so even the epillation gets me going. Sweating in makeup makes me think of a glow (doesnt look like it though) Putting on the hip and butt pads, and keeping them positioned is a joy. The pinch of the heels that didnt quite get the best fit possible because I was rushing to get in and out aren't really that bad.

Now, in another 5 years or so I am sure these things will be peeves, which just goes to show that pet peeves will change with experiences.

Right now I love them all.

Babes

Krististeph
02-12-2012, 11:43 PM
My beard os too dark and heavy to cover it well. If I could get past that, i'd be a lot more condfident about dressing en femme in public.

Megan70
02-12-2012, 11:45 PM
bra straps falling down under your clothing, haveing to reach in from front and pull them back.

Nikki A.
02-12-2012, 11:49 PM
Besides not being able to dress more, I think my next peeve is how sometimes it is so hard to find clothes that fit well and figuring out the sizing.

goodnhose
02-13-2012, 12:02 AM
Slidding into a just opened pair of pantyhose and before I wiggle all the way into them i look down and see a run from my toes to my knee. Yep, thats my peeve!

Samantha_Smile
02-13-2012, 03:00 AM
Are you kidding?
You dont like makeup? Have you used it? Was it done to an at least half decent standard? Honestly, get it right with a nice wig and you'll never feel so pretty!

And you dont like panties? That's a bit like saying you dont like food. ie have you only been eating onions?
There are so many styles, cuts and fabrics in multiple combinations that there HAS to be some kind of panty that is for you, try some different styles.

And that body thing? Well lose some weight, dont complain about it. Be the master of your own body.

All of the 'peeves' you listed are things you have control within you to change, and doing so could enhance your experience many times over.
I suggest you try atleast one of my suggestions.

Matia
02-13-2012, 04:48 AM
for me it's definitely the whole maintanance process you need to go through if you want to dress, shaving in the first place. When it was new to me, I got excited about doing it, now I kind of got used to it and it's a chore.. I'm lucky I don't have much hair on my upper body (back / tummy) but it's still manly hair that is quite strong.

Jackiefl
02-13-2012, 08:34 AM
I thought we had a thread about this subject posted last week or so!

alexism&f
02-13-2012, 09:17 AM
That's a no brainer for me... taking off makeup, I've got a bit of sicilian in me and horrible 5 o'clock shadow even after a close shave so I have to use a ton of beard cover and foundation, and getting it all off is such a hassle, honestly id dress way more often if it wasn't for dreading taking off the makeup when I have to go back to guy mode.

Matia
02-13-2012, 09:29 AM
That's a no brainer for me... taking off makeup, I've got a bit of sicilian in me and horrible 5 o'clock shadow even after a close shave so I have to use a ton of beard cover and foundation, and getting it all off is such a hassle, honestly id dress way more often if it wasn't for dreading taking off the makeup when I have to go back to guy mode.

what do you use for covering ?

alexism&f
02-13-2012, 09:43 AM
What gets the best look for me is a bit of concealer, followed by red lipstick blended in (a cheap one, the red cancels the blue from the beard hair) then more concealer, and foundation on top, its a process lol

franlee
02-13-2012, 11:38 AM
Body and facial hair removal and using a wig. I wouldn't mind the wig at all if I could get them to fit, they come in large but not extra large and I am just over the best a large can be let out to.

Fran

Alice Torn
02-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Karren, I though t you liked a good pair of jeans!

Kerstin
02-13-2012, 12:01 PM
Having to put women's clothes onto a male body. That's the biggie. My second biggest peeve is putting a run into tights. I do this all the time :facepalm:

danielletorresani
02-13-2012, 12:07 PM
I hate when my stockings get a run, but other than that the biggest thing I hate is just the amount of time it takes to get dressed up.

BillieJoEllen
02-13-2012, 12:59 PM
I really have no major pet peeves. I don't get to dress enough and in warmer weather I do not like sweating like a man while dressed. I think those are more like complaints.

Gina X
02-13-2012, 01:17 PM
bra straps falling down under your clothing, haveing to reach in from front and pull them back.

I just love that, pulling the straps back up is so feminine, there is no male equivalent !!!!!!!!

Vickie_CDTV
02-13-2012, 08:12 PM
Wigs! They get so hot, especially in the summer. I have tried various wigs but I still have problems with them being hot and sweaty (can anyone recommend a "cool", or at least "cooler" wig vs. others?) Sometimes I feel like dressing and going without a wig, I won't because some would find it upsetting or offensive, but there are times I really wish I could go without it. I'd even compromise and wear a headscarf instead of a wig (I think they are very pretty and even a bit sexy) if that would allow me to pass or at least not ruffle feathers.

Crissy Kay
02-13-2012, 09:22 PM
I hate when my stockings get a run, but other than that the biggest thing I hate is just the amount of time it takes to get dressed up.

I think thats mine too. The time thing. I seem to have pretty good luck with my PH.

Diane Smith
02-13-2012, 09:25 PM
My oily skin bleeding through my makeup after two or three hours.

5 o'clock shadow.

- Diane

Josie M
02-13-2012, 09:27 PM
running a brand new pair of pantyhose is pretty high on my list (must remember to file nails...)....not being able to get down to the weight I'd like...and I wish my lips were fuller.

RenneB
02-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Ya know, I don't mind the makeup routine, the clothes that never seem to be the same size number but still fit, the color matching thing, the heels that squish my toes in different directions, the fact that I can't bend over in a corset.... all that not so bad.

What gets me is those darn hooks at the top of the skirt. After I have my top and forms on, I can't see over my forms to see that darn little hook. And it's so small it feels like I trying to thread a needle at 30 feet. Then the bra hooks and the corset ties. Everything I need to do with some precision, is in back of me. Oh, I'll hook the bra and then spin it around but to take it off, I'll wrench the arms behind my back 'cus I'm thinkin it's easier..

So that's my pet peeve is those darn little hooks.... arrgh.

Renne.....

PretzelGirl
02-13-2012, 10:36 PM
Mine is more from my past. I had nerve surgery on my left foot long ago. Because of the results, it sometimes makes wearing heels really painful.

Teri Ray
02-13-2012, 10:45 PM
I am with Karren on this one......................there are lots of things about crossdressing that piss me off........but I still love it. I put up with the things about dressing that I don't do as well as I like. Like.......all the thing mentioned above.

NathalieX66
02-13-2012, 11:08 PM
All my pet peeves about being a crossdresser, and a transgender person which I consider myself to be, are strictly hair related.
I got it all on top. I have too much if it everywhere else. I'm sick of shaving & waxing. I hate my epilator, and it hates me. We make the Red Sox/Yankees rivalry look like an elementary school spelling bee. I've spent way too much money on permanent hair removal (laser & electrolysis) , and it ain't over yet.
Some day, I'll get there. Just not today.

Dutchgal
02-13-2012, 11:19 PM
I have two peeves.

1) Teddy's and body suits that are too short in the body (tall size items are almost impossible to find).
2) With said teddys, and panties, the 'nuclear' problem - aka 'Fallout'

prene
02-13-2012, 11:50 PM
I never really understood "pet peeves". If I had a pet that pissed me off I'd kill it.... Maybe when I was younger things annoyed me more... I could have called them "pet peeves". Now that I'm old... **sigh** I either really hate something or really love it.... Not many in betweens...

Karen,
You pet peeve is jeans... 100%.

Mine is heeless shoes. I never understood them.
I always fall out of them.

Marleena
02-13-2012, 11:57 PM
Good post Katie!

My top peeve is the runs in the pantyhose too! The darn things aren't cheap. Drinking coffee or beer comes second, running to the bathroom repeatedly isn't fun when you gotta pull stuff down and try not tuck it back in into your waistband. I dread the day I get a dress or skirt tucked into my pantyhose in public.lol.

ArleneRaquel
02-14-2012, 12:05 AM
Runs in pantyhose are so irksome, but the rewards are so amazing. The feel of hose against smooth legs are out of this world. As for as the bathroom is concerned wearing hose is just so delightful that I'll risk any problems.

jillleanne
02-14-2012, 08:44 AM
My soft eyelids, particularly in the outer corners. Is there a doctor in the house? We need this crap fixed, now!!! And what are these little brown thingys showing up from time to time on my hands? I just scrape them off but what kind of crap it that and who's idea of a good time it that? Not mine!! lol

joank
02-14-2012, 09:12 AM
My pet peeve about crossdressing is having to change back to boy mode. What a bummer.

StacyCanada
02-14-2012, 07:48 PM
I will have to go with 3 separate pet peeves:

1. Hair Removal - I hate the chemical smell of every cream I have tried. Waxing is quite literally a pain. And when I shave I always manage to get one spot of razor burn some where.
2. Forgetting my nails aren't dry. I smoke as well, so after I finish painting my finger nails I will often find myself waiting for the to dry and bored, so I smoke, one roll of the smoke in my fingers and bam. Run on sentence. :s
3. Non-acceptance. I still wonder how to define my self in the gender scale (not that I stay up worrying or anything), but to be honest, I would love to go on in real life in fem. I know I am not passable but as we all do, I just feel sexier in fem.

Natasha1
02-14-2012, 08:15 PM
Having to revert back to 'drab' again, I sometimes get emotional.