PDA

View Full Version : Ever use the training films?

Linda Stockings
02-13-2012, 06:40 AM
Anyone ever use the video feature on your digital camera to see how your deportment and movements appear when you're dressed?
I have always wondered how well my movements would permit me to blend in. And of course I've always wondered if maybe, just maybe, on a great day....whether I might actually pass.....maybe if the people were all nearsghted and left their glasses at home (lol). When I started so many years ago, all I could do was look in the mirror to check out the results of hours spent getting ready. Last Saturday I spent quite a few hours trying on some new outfits with new hip padding, different shapers, and LOTS of different heels and hose. I used the video feature on my camera to see how they looked, how I moved, walked (or clomped) in the different heels, etc. It was really an awakening. I never realized how some of my movements ruined my walk and would get me read in a heartbeat. Some of my movements were so stiff and uncoordinated, I felt I would be an insult to GG's if I went out. Anyone else ever check out their own movements?

Ava Tryptyk
02-13-2012, 07:32 AM
I record myself all the time when I'm dressed, and I have quite a few videos. When I re-watch them it becomes obvious to me that my feminine gait is something that needs a lot more improvement. Especially if I'm ever going to try wearing heels!

Kate Simmons
02-13-2012, 08:53 AM
Just be yourself and your movements will be fluid naturally.:)

Karren H
02-13-2012, 09:02 AM
Early on in my latest re-emergence I used to take videos to see how I was doing and came to the conclusion that I was trying way to hard.. And decided that less is more. As long as I wasn't lookin like I was walking like a cowboy in a dress... I fit within a couple standard deviations of the average female... Not looking like a guy is looking like a girl... And its served me well..

HannahF6
02-13-2012, 09:22 AM
Yes, I have taken a few videos of myself just to check how I'm walking and generally deporting myself. Of course, it helps to have something to compare with and I've found this link to be really useful:
http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html
Note as you switch it from neutral to more male or more female how the position of the elbows changes and the closeness of the feet changes.

Hannah

Sarasometimes
02-13-2012, 10:19 AM
Yes, I have taken a few videos of myself just to check how I'm walking and generally deporting myself. Of course, it helps to have something to compare with and I've found this link to be really useful:
http://www.biomotionlab.ca/Demos/BMLwalker.html
Note as you switch it from neutral to more male or more female how the position of the elbows changes and the closeness of the feet changes.

Hannah

That is very interesting to see. I noticed that as a female becomes more relaxed her feet get closer together which is also true for males. With this obsevation it makes sense that when we get nervous we walk less like a female. The best advice I ever got about female deportment was, keep your elbow close to your sides, slow down, stand tall and smile. Another thing I try to remember is the phrase ladies pass through a space, men try to possess it on thier way.
I have not videoed myself but it is a great idea that I may need to try.

sonna
02-13-2012, 10:21 AM
not really,,but i do notice i love taking pictures when enfem.
but i hate getting pictures drab.

Kerstin
02-13-2012, 11:08 AM
I'm learning how to wak properly in heels and recording myself is a really great tool to help me learn.

danielletorresani
02-13-2012, 12:08 PM
I've filmed myself quite a bit. I didn't do it for training, though, I did it to grab stills so I could have a photo library of myself in different outfits.

barbie lanai
02-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Yes I did the video camera on a tripod. I am horrible, but thought I was good until seeing the truth on tape. I had thought; that since I've worn heels from my beginning back the in 50's, that at least my walking in heels looked normal. It sure gives me an appreciation for how graceful GG's are.

BillieJoEllen
02-13-2012, 12:54 PM
I haven't done that lately but years ago I did and was surprised that my movements were actually quite femme. It was the rest of me that gave me away!

Debra Russell
02-13-2012, 12:58 PM
Just be yourself and your movements will be fluid naturally.:)

Well that's not always true - men with larger chest and shoulders always lead with them, although it can be tamed down a bit I think that all most of us can do is just not walk in a straight line (that brings out the sasquach in us) and stand up tall, chest out, head up an try not to occupy too much space at one time (keep moving) It gives me the creeps to watch videos of my self walking en femm as am way over critical of my self and hope it's not as bad as I make it out - Oh well back to the cat-walk and thats right less is more and don't try too hard..........................Debra

PretzelGirl
02-13-2012, 10:06 PM
I feel the danger of doing a lot for improvement is ending up vastly overdoing it. Women walk, talk, jump, whatever.... in a lot of different ways. As long as movements aren't overly masculine, I would think you are fine. Unless you are over emphasizing the way you think women do anything. Then you will be made easily because you will draw attention to yourself.

Chiana
02-13-2012, 11:42 PM
I have a small fortune in professional video equipment but I have never turned the camera on myself. I haven't even recorded my voice and I actually am curious how I sound when trying to have a feminine voice.

Richelle423
02-15-2012, 05:18 PM
Today I was listening to RuPaul's "cover girl" and practicing my runway walk in front of a mirror."put some bass in that walk"!