PDA

View Full Version : How much $ have you lost to purging?

goodnhose
02-13-2012, 10:50 PM
:battingeyelashes:Over the course of your CD life how much money have you lost to purging more or less than $5,000. I've probably spent that in pantyhose and heels over 25 years. How about You? :battingeyelashes:

sexygal
02-13-2012, 11:16 PM
:sad:In over 30 years I think I spent about $10,000. lots of dresses and other items.:sad:

Leslie Langford
02-13-2012, 11:21 PM
Probably close to the amount needed to bail Greece out of its current financial crisis ;). One of the perils of having an only moderately tolerating wife, I suppose...:eek: :doh: :sad:

Chiana
02-13-2012, 11:39 PM
I have never felt the urge to purge. I have clothes, etc that are over 50 years old. I can't part with any of it, even if it is completely worn out.

mmandy31
02-13-2012, 11:42 PM
i probaly spent over 5000.00 in the last 25 yrs with purging and buying new things

prene
02-13-2012, 11:45 PM
Me ... I have only purged maybe twice and that was when I was in High School. So maybe $30 to $60.

Now my problem is I do not purge anything ... even when I should. LOL

Vanessa5
02-13-2012, 11:46 PM
I have never had the urge to purge but I have gotten rid of things that don't fit. My guesstimate is over the 5000.00 range. Last year alone I got rid of 6-7 of the large garbage bags full of clothes. Would make for a nice tax write off but wife doesn't really know just how large my wardrobe has become.

Missy
02-13-2012, 11:47 PM
enough to retire on for the rest of my familys life

Samantha B L
02-13-2012, 11:53 PM
I've lost about $1000 worth of clothes and other makeup,accessories and stuff. I wouldn't have chucked the stuff out but my Mom said something about needing to look through my things for some sort of knick-knacks she said she couldn't locate in the house anywhere else. This happened 6 times.

lingerieLiz
02-14-2012, 12:38 AM
I've probably tossed out a couple of hundred dollars worth of clothes that I would have kept, but for various reasons purged. I've donated lots of clothes that I became tired of. You can only wear so many even dressing every day.

ArleneRaquel
02-14-2012, 12:39 AM
I would guess over $2,000. What a waste.

donnatracey
02-14-2012, 12:46 AM
Don't even want to think about it.......:doh:

Karren H
02-14-2012, 01:05 AM
You mean how much has my wife.... Mother... Sister.... Girlfriends.... Step mother. Step sisters..... Lost? :D

Since my crossdressing came back uber seriously almost 10 years ago.... I have not purged... But I have lost $$$ from giving away clothes, breast forms... Wigs and makeup I didn't want to those who can use it.

jillleanne
02-14-2012, 08:34 AM
If I could remember all the times I purged that would help my estimate but it would definitely be in the thousands. Haven't purged now for over ten years and never will again. I will cull the wardrobe regularly though and donate much to Goodwill.

Sara Jessica
02-14-2012, 08:43 AM
Purging? Zero. Have never done it and will never go there.

But like anyone else, I often rotate stuff that is not being used out of my closet. It is rare that I ever have any regret for letting anything go. There's always something newer-funner-shinier to make me forget.

sonna
02-14-2012, 08:47 AM
Don't even want to think about it.......:doh:

agreed.......................

KandisTX
02-14-2012, 09:57 AM
My biggest lost in a purge was a FORCED purge by my second wife. (i.e. SHE purged for me). She threw away in excess of $7,500.00 worth of clothing, lingerie, shoes, make-up, breast forms, wigs. The most I ever lost in one self induced purge was probably around $1000.00. All totaled throughout my crossdressing years I have probably "lost" close to $15,000.00 all combined.

Cheryl T
02-14-2012, 11:20 AM
I couldn't begin to put a number on what purging cost me over the years.
I just know that there were so many items that I loved and lost. Now that everything is out in the open and I don't have to hide anymore there will never be another event like that and I won't be wasting my money ever again.

Julogden
02-14-2012, 11:30 AM
I've never purged voluntarily, but I purged at the insistence of my wife-to be.

I didn't lose much, dollar-wise, as my purges were before I had a significant wardrobe, mainly makeup, a bad wig, undergarments and hosiery. What I really, really regret purging is all my oldest photos of myself going back to my days in high school. When I was engaged to be married, I told my wife-to-be about my dressing several months before the wedding, and she insisted that I throw everything out, and I was foolish enough to comply.

Carol

~Joanne~
02-14-2012, 11:37 AM
I couldn't even begin to tally up my losses. I can't even tell you honestly how many times I have purged. My last purge though I held back a dress and a coat. Wish I would have kept a couple pairs of the heels too but didn't. I haven't even thought of purging again for awhile now.

Leeiah
02-14-2012, 11:37 AM
purging zero, its either you embrace yourself entirely or you do not. Never understood the purging ideal myself.

Stephanie47
02-14-2012, 11:50 AM
I believe the question relates to 'purging' in the sense of getting rid of feminine garments due to self loathing, non acceptance, etc. In that I sense the first dress I bought while my wife was visiting her family 2,000 miles away, I threw away before she came back home. Now, the only things I have gotten rid of are garments that have been worn out or do not fit, hosiery with runs, and expired makeup. Maybe the dress cost under fifteen dollars thirty five years ago.

goodnhose
02-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Thanks for all the responses. Like many I was on a roller coaster of purge and buy for many years but have finally stopped over last 2 or 3 years. Seems that the older I get the more accepting I become about my CD.

carnut62
02-14-2012, 05:11 PM
I have purged 4 or 5 times and I would have to say way below $5k, I shop at good will mostly so I don't pay a lot for my clothes. I have the odd item I paid more for but generally cheaper. So between forced purge and voluntary probably around $1800. You bring up memories of items long gone :(

KateSpade83
02-14-2012, 06:21 PM
I last purged in 2000 and it hurt. Lost some beautiful clothes I could never get back. About $3000 worth. Was blessed with a good job after the purge but I lost this job because I fell back into buying womens clothes. Felt like God curses my jobs because of crossdressing. I got back rare jr vintage flare dresses from thrift stores though.

Almost purged in Feb 2009. I had a terrible 4 month long paranoid episode where I thought crossdressing was cursed by demons. I almost gave away over $20,000 worth of beautiful skirt suits and cheerleader clothes - stuff I can't find anymore and stuff that couldn't be replaced. I had a terrible pain to the thought of purging, I said, "God, can I keep these clothes for a beautiful woman my size?" Size 6 at 5' 4" is also Britney Spear's figure! I fell back into crossdressing because God did not bless me with a good job.

Now I have a tremendous beautiful collection of everything! I rarely feel the need to shop anymore. If I feel like quitting / purging I say to God, - if I keep these clothes it keeps me from falling back to shopping a lot for womens clothes. - And just bless me with a pretty woman to fit my clothes and keep me happy!

Right now I have a big collection of rare hard to get real Catholic schoolgirl skirts and real 3 pc cheerleader outfits. Plus a few good expensive St John skirt suits. And my Wacoal bras and panties are expensive! It would hurt too much to purge this.

If I had to purge I would ebay my stuff and donate 5% to the church.

suchacutie
02-14-2012, 07:28 PM
I have never purged, but I have purchased some clothes that I thought would look terrific that I had to admit, eventually, really didn't work. So, I just donated it all and since it was all in great condition I hope it was a useful donation! In that sense donated is not lost, just given :)

tina

velvet
02-14-2012, 07:44 PM
i have purged twice in 15 years, will never do it again, cost in dollars say 400, but in lost really good, irreplaceable clothes , its sad. but life goes on

Diane Smith
02-14-2012, 09:46 PM
I have never purged, but do from time to time donate outdated, ill-fitting or just unwanted items to Goodwill and the like. I'm sure it's been several thousands of dollars worth over the years, but I consider that to be the price tag for this lifestyle.

Worse was when I had a mouse infestation at home about four years ago and they took up residence in some of my shoeboxes, chewing their way right through a couple of pairs of Choos (pun intended, but true story). They would also steal little shiny things (like earrings) off my dresser, and I have several unmatched pairs now as a result. Those "involuntary" purges are the worst because I didn't have any choice about what would disappear!

- Diane

michelle64
02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
virtually none..i lost 80 pounds..size 22 to a 14..ouch.. and yes that was not cheap..

Joanne f
02-15-2012, 02:18 PM
I am in the no never have camp but think it is about time i did as i am a hoarder:sad: , cant get past this " i might want to wear that again sometime ":D

BillieJoEllen
02-15-2012, 03:09 PM
I purged when I went into the service. I'd say about $400 to $600 dollars worth. That was in 1968. Three years later when I went to reclaim everything, everything was gone. I hid them well enough out in the woods so that they should still have been there when I went back to get everything. I wonder what happened to everything?

alluts
02-15-2012, 03:26 PM
I try not to purge but I would say I've definatetly have spent alot on stuff that didn't fit or work out...wigs especially

Richelle423
02-15-2012, 04:04 PM
Probably about $60. I bought a pair of juniors jeans and a cami. they didn't fit.Well the jeans fit but not my style. Cami too small.I swore I would only underdress from them on.Two months later I found myself buying more clothes again.Btw I bought at Savers today a pair of St. John's Bay jeans for $5 in a size 14 and they don't look at all fem.

sissystephanie
02-15-2012, 06:13 PM
In the over 60 years that I have crossdressed I think I can truthfully say that I have never really purged. When I have items that I no longer want I donate them to a charity where they can get good use! I know that I have spent well over $50,000 dollars on femme clothes in the time that I have crossdressed and neither I or my late wife ever regretted it! She loved Stephanie as much as she loved my drab self!

Kaitlyn26
02-15-2012, 06:59 PM
Absolutely zero dollars. I have better things to do with my money than throw it in the trash to please someone else or appease guilt.

NicoleScott
02-16-2012, 07:03 AM
Getting rid of items that you don't want because they don't fit any more, are out of style, or you don't have room for isn't purging, it's culling. Purging is getting rid of it all, quitting crossdressing cold turkey.
I have purged three times, the last 17 years ago, and never again. The things I threw out in those purges totaled around $1,000 or so. It's not the money lost I regret, but some good things I wish I had back.
Purging doesn't seem to work, does it?

DonnaT
02-16-2012, 03:44 PM
I've never purged.