PDA

View Full Version : Big step for this one

Jacqueline Winona
02-14-2012, 12:02 AM
It took several tries to get my nerve, but scheduled an appoitnment for wig fitting. The owner that I talked to couldn't have been nicer, making it not nearly as bad as I thought. And a friend might join me, but I'll let her tell that if she chooses! Wish me luck, girls, won't happen for a while but the hardest part is past.

ArleneRaquel
02-14-2012, 12:10 AM
Janice,
Best wishes for your fitting and relax, you will be lovely. :)

Julogden
02-14-2012, 12:16 AM
Congratulations, Janice! Doesn't it feel great to take that step? I'm not surprised that the owner was nice. Judging by what I've experienced myself along with the stories from others in these forums, it's very rare to encounter a wig shop that isn't happy to help CD's spend their money. ;)

I hope you don't have too long a wait for your fitting, I'm sure you're itching to get that new wig, right?

Carol

lingerieLiz
02-14-2012, 12:19 AM
While there make the best of it. Ask questions about how you should wear your hair. The first two time I asked a lot of questions. The first time I got one I told them it was for my girlfriend. They talked me into trying it on as a joke, they knew. The second time I made no excuses and she was a great help about styling and the difference between men's and women's hair and where the hairlines differ.

Devorah
02-14-2012, 12:38 AM
just curious as to where you are going (since it is in Northern California)? I just went to Helen's Wigs in San Francisco a few weeks ago and got a fabulous Zara wig by Jon Renaut. In NorCal, guys walking in to try on the product is pretty much old hat for all wig shop owners, just walk in and say you do drag and that's usually good enough to get started.

Trying on wigs in person is so worth the agony of working up the nerve only because you'll guarantee that you walk out with the right length, color and fit for you. Plus, once you're through it will give you that much more confidence to go other places and try something similar.

Jacqueline Winona
02-14-2012, 02:34 AM
thanks everyone, your encouragments helps more than I can say! Carol- you know I am! :) Liz- good advice, I hadn't even thought about questions, I'll think of as many as I can before I go. Devorah- this is a boutique in the Sac. area, and you're right, the owner wasn't surprised at all by my request.

rachaelsloane
02-14-2012, 09:19 AM
Hi Janice,
Congrats and do post a picture of the one you choose.
Rachael

susie evans
02-14-2012, 10:24 AM
relax you will be fine just remember wigs are like shoes you can't have too many

susie

Cheryl T
02-14-2012, 11:19 AM
It's a great experience once you get in the door.
My favorite part was after choosing a style my SA spent time cutting it on me to better shape it to my face. It was incredible sitting there ... just wish it had been my hair she was styling and not the wig.

~Joanne~
02-14-2012, 11:42 AM
That is a huge step. I am badly in a need of a good wig but am so far from that point on my road. I wish you all the best with the experience.:)