PDA

View Full Version : dressing full time

bredalee25
10-30-2005, 09:04 PM
I guess my question is this how many of you girls dress full time? I really envy you cause I can't dress full time due to my job and my gg doesn't know bout me dressing again. I so desire to dress and act female full time for as I have come to find out I'm a girl trapped in a male body and need to dress to make the outside match the inside. So to all you lucky girls who do dress and act female full time my hats off to you and wish I could join you. I know I would be a wonderful woman given the chance to express my fem side fully Well I guess i'll sit back and see what responces i get

Laurie Ann
10-30-2005, 10:17 PM
I enjoy being a part time girl, I wish I had more opportunities to dress but am happy with my male side and expressing my femininity occasionally

Jonien
10-31-2005, 06:24 AM
I's not all joy when you are a full time girl as a male you can just put on a pr pants and a tee and out you go but that would be to easy as a girl and cross dress to a point that would please a wife that is not at ease takes a lot of work. makeup has to be so perfect that it's not seen slacks that are a looser fit a jacket that can drape over your boobs to hide them and trainers that are not to fem and remember not to wear ear rings bracelet's are covers and rings terned round so you only show gold bands.
yes there are times when I wish just to be a man again but I just cant do it.

my point is for those of you that can hold on to your manly side stay with it and just enjoy en femme as and when you feel like it I envy you
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_12_4.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm075YYNL)

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/11/11_8_14.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZRxdm075YYNL)

cathy b
10-31-2005, 07:05 AM
i don't know if it makes that much difference weather your full time or not as long as you enjoy the time that can.
hugs

RikkiOfLA
10-31-2005, 08:26 AM
This is one of those areas where we all have to find our own individual comfort zone. What is right for one girl won't be right for another.

I am a transgendered person, a full-time crossdresser. I've never taken hormones. I have a full time job and dress for it. I've lived this way for over 5 years, and I admit that I love it. It doesn't bother me when I have to dress male occasionally for extended family. They all know I dress, but they don't want to see it. But no, I wouldn't want to live that way full time again.

One of the great things about being a crossdresser is that we have no "Harry Benjamin standards" to follow. We can create our own standards (or none at all if we prefer) and just live the way that works for us. Having standards to follow doesn't make it any easier. It doesn't lessen disapproval from family, the risk of being fired from a job, or any of the other difficulties we face when we are out to the public. Enough TS friends have told me that.

So how did I transition to full time? I went through these steps...

1. I began by dressing androgynously during my social life. I did this because I was tight on money for about 6 months and knew I couldn't afford a wig, breastforms, etc. I got quite far with that, but noticed that I confused a lot of people and they were uncomfortable around me.

2. So I began crossdressing out in public occasionally. As I got more comfortable with it, I began to notice that other people got more comfortable too. Soon people were assuming I was a woman. I enjoyed that.

3. The journey to full time began with my wife, in a funny way. By this time, I was dressing and going to clubs on a regular basis. She didn't have any trouble with me dressing, but began to get tired of the clubbing. (She's a morning person with a job that starts early.) She told me that if I was going to dress like a woman, I should start to do normal things dressed--grocery shopping, chores around the house, etc. I began to do that. I found that I preferred living that way. It made life feel simpler and more natural.

4. So I began dressing more and more of the time. That meant that I had to come out to my doctor, go to the beauty shop instead of the barber, etc. I grew my hair out and stopped wearing wigs. Almost everyone has been surprisingly accepting. I am still president of my condo association, out to all my neighbors, who call me Rikki, and so on.

But just as Jonien says, it's not a picnic. Dressing femme does take more time. Gradually we learn to do our makeup in less and less time. I can do mine in 15 minutes most of the time, though for dressy occasions, it can take longer. And you have to be comfortable with being a woman. You can't go back to male privilege, even to the thought that "if things get tough, I can go back to being a guy." Do I miss that? Not really, although at times it would be easier! You also have to get used to everyone around you knowing that you have transitioned. People are more accepting, but less curious than I expected. No one outside of the TG community has ever asked me why I did this, or how it felt.

And of course, being full time doesn't mean that you can dress the way you want to. With all the choices women have, it can take a long time figuring out what to wear. As a part-time crossdresser, you can pretty much dress for one activity at a time, such as a night at a night club or a quiet evening at home. When you go full-time, you have to dress for an entire day--a day at the office, then dinner at home, and out to the drug store to pick up a few things. Like a man, you're basically allowed one costume change a day. No one likes the "clothes horse" who changes her entire outfit five or six times a day!

The biggest surprise about living as a woman is that as a woman, your life revolves much more around other people and their needs. Have you noticed that women dress for the comfort of others? Men dress only for their own comfort. They wear the same clothes year around, and just add jackets and sweaters when it's cold. Women have to have seasonal clothes--light, bare summer things, winter woolens, etc. At the office, women work much harder than most men. First you have to do your work, just like a man. Then you have to do it a little better, because you have to prove yourself. But you can't just do it a whole lot better than other people, because then they begin to resent you. Finally, it's always the women who remember the birthdays and other special occasions. They supply the cakes and so on, too.

Being full-time is a lot more than dressing. It means a decision to live as a woman.

Rikki

MandyTS
10-31-2005, 08:46 AM
Very well said ^^^

I have always said... it is not about the clothing. You said it perfectly, the clothing does not make the woman, it is all the little things that do. Now about how woman are precieved really depends on the work force, in education woman are not treated a whole lot differently then men, sometimes better actually, but basically education is a gender neutral professon, leading to the female side.

I always was the person to remember birthdays and bring in the cakes, or in my earlier years the pizza and cookies, etc. I guess the big difference is something is hard wired to tell me to do that and doing that kind of stuff since it comes naturally it is apart of me. As some people would say... I am a girl.

Mandy

MandyTS
10-31-2005, 10:14 AM
Alright I just caught something in the above post that makes me quite interested...

Most GGs that I know are not always looking in the mirror 20x per hour, constiently applying makeup, etc. Maybe it is my age group but it seems like GGs are not always changing clothing all the time either. Take my "girlfriend", a friend who is a girl, she wears the same outfit most of the day, maybe changing at night if it is going to be cold. She wears very little conservative makeup (like most girls mine and her age), and does not have to worry about checking it all day long.

Most girls nowdays, myself included, (although TS) seem to take more time on the hair than on makeup, etc. Plucking, and moisterizing just takes a few minutes, usually at night, and I can do makeup easily in under 10 minutes, with tweazing it is 15 minutes, then maybe 30 total with hair and makeup, that is just 10 minutes than a guy who is really dressing takes, with shaving and moisterizing, etc.

In guy mode I may change clothing twice per day, once for work and once at home, and maybe even again if going out. That is no different than a girl does. Most guys if I understand them correctly have their own little things to deal with. Sure woman are more concerned about looks and makeup, etc than guys but other than that (which I enjoy) there is little other difference.

I can see why someone who is CD could think that it was more work though. I will not create a strong image that is not me in makeup> Makeup is supose to not be there, not totally camaflague the face, and when it does then sure you are totally obsessed with looks. When you live in the role though as a "guy" in a dress if you would I can see how looks are an obsession, it seems that way with people that CD. For someone like me who is TS (and this does not work with all), I am more concerned with being a woman than how pretty I look at every moment... mannorisms, etc come out with time. I keep my legs relitivly together or crossed like a GG now, I can not stand to feel exposed, etc.

Living full time is a great thing... just realize that you are not just dressing, you are living, and in like everything is not about clothes and makeup... remember that. - Not that you can not touch up every so often.

Mandy

Jonien
10-31-2005, 10:51 AM
Mandy darling
You have us at a disadvantage you are young have a good complexion and a very femme look and I believe you said some were you have very little face hair so to me it has to be heaver foundation and constantly check the shadow is not showing
like Saturday out shopping fine but then have to go home re-shave reapply face before visiting a friend Even though I was close to my friends house when shopping

Lisa Golightly
10-31-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm Lisa fulltime. I don't see it as dressing up or being lucky, it is just who I am. Somedays are a pain like when you ladder your tights or someone decides to give you some lip, but that's just life isn't it.

I'm happy with my choice, it's not a thrill a minute but I get to wear some really nice clothes. Life's too short to hide or deny who you are.

Yuka
10-31-2005, 12:21 PM
I recently moved back to my native country Japan and is living alone. Everyone is new here, my neighbours, the people working in my neighbourhood and my dog. My SO is all the way in UK studying. In other words, I have privacy 24 hours ^_^V

But maybe my reason for cding is different from others. I don't know. I cd just to be myself, and feel like a proper human being. I don't cd because i like the feel of women's clothes and I don't cd because of the thrill when I'm out. In fact, I don't even feel anything when I'm out en femme. I'm androgenous looking and my body is very feminine and I have natural rebonded hair (even my SO is jealous of me), so I am happy to say I passed really well. Futhermore, in Japan we wear surgeon's mask all the time (to prevent spreading of germs when we are sick) and I also wear sunglasses (fashion trend here). So my whole face is covered anyway >_<

Sometimes u may think being full time is fun. But it also has many dangers. Like I have been touched once by a chikan (train pervert) before. Also living alone is dangerous because sometimes crazy men here follow u home. Sometimes there is salesman knocking on your door and u are without makeup and he will go "Is this man or woman?" because for me my face is androgenous and I have long hair and boobs.

Being full time means my neighbours knows me as a woman and nothing else. But sometimes I need to go out as a man because it is very late and it is dangerous for a woman to be out late alone even though my town is safe. But when neighbours sees me as a man, ding dong you're dead.

I think right now, being full time, I have almost lost touch with my masculine side. In fact, when I (forcefully) have to go out as a man, that to me is crossdressing ^o^

gender_blender
10-31-2005, 07:47 PM
Wear the female dress code at work. They can't say anything, because that would be discrimination. It's fun. Do it.

Charlie

Kimberly
11-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Wear the female dress code at work. They can't say anything, because that would be discrimination. It's fun. Do it.
I wish....

LindaTS
11-04-2005, 10:26 AM
I'm Lisa fulltime. I don't see it as dressing up or being lucky, it is just who I am. Somedays are a pain like when you ladder your tights or someone decides to give you some lip, but that's just life isn't it.

I'm happy with my choice, it's not a thrill a minute but I get to wear some really nice clothes. Life's too short to hide or deny who you are.

I agree with what Lisa said. Although I'm not quite full time, because of doctor's appointment and med. insurance issues, I spend almost the whole time as a woman. Yes, it's sometimes a pain to do your makeup everyday, making sure your hair is just right etc., but I wouldn't have it any other way. I love who I am and have no regrets. I just wish I would have done this earlier in life. Good luck to any of you who decide that you're a woman.

Kim E
11-04-2005, 02:28 PM
Very well put, Rikki and Mandy. Not really much more I can add.
A few months ago, being a lifelong TG, I decided, to listen to my inner self and try RLT on my own. Presently, I live about 80 percent as a female, another 15 percent as androgynous and the other 5 percent as male. It all depends on my comfort zone and the circumstances. Recently I pulled jury duty and I went as my male self. I just didn't need any grief or problems in that environment.

I dress very casually most every day and don't really think anything of it. It seems a normal and natural thing to do. I rarely wear makeup and the most time I spend in front of the mirror is at night when I scrub my face and moisturize. When I run errands or shop, its usually a light touch of mascara and lipstick, that's it. Obviously, if I'm going out to dinner or somewhere special with GG friends I spend more time on my face and clothes, just as they do.

Being TG or living almost fulltime doesn't make me any better than anyone dressing part time, its just a personal need, another step in becoming the person I always have been.
Very good question, Brenda.

Hugs ~ Kim

Deidra Cowen
11-04-2005, 04:02 PM
I don't dress full time but I did manage 5 straight days of been enfemme while at SCC this year. By Sunday all the girls said you will be so tired of it you are going to be gald to go back to drab. Was not true for me...I changed back to my femmy stuff the next night after getting back home from work. I think I could handle FT if family and job considerations were not interferring.

robinLynn
11-04-2005, 04:53 PM
i have wifes approval to do what i want but i cant dress full time, but i grew my hair out had transplants done and wear 4 sets of earrings. but beacause of her job with the govt i have to be careful what i do plus there are family and friends that would totally disown me(they are not happy with the hair and rings but i tell them my military time is done) if they knew about the makeup. I do have long fingernails and i have to use the excuse that when they are short my nails bleed. so far so good

gennee
11-04-2005, 09:11 PM
I enjoy dressing part time. To me if I dressed full time, the mystery and anticipation would be lost. If I lived in a perfect world, I would dress as a female at home.

Gennee:rose2: