PDA

View Full Version : lightening things up - feminine "guilty" pleasures???

Sara Jessica
02-14-2012, 08:59 AM
I've been thinking of this question for a while and have been inspired by some recent threads. This is intended to be a totally light-hearted romp through fields of wildflowers and femininity, feminine trappings and/or perceptions.

For those who are full-time, no matter where you are at in transition, are there any "guilty pleasures" of femininity that you'd normally be hesitant to admit to in a place such as this (lest one might try to take away your TG and/or woman card ;) if you were to make such admissions)?

Or even if you're not full-time but identify on the TS side of the fence, what would you be least likely to give up should you cross over to the other side?

Leanne2
02-15-2012, 11:10 AM
Oh my! No replies yet. Well here is a list of my guilty pleasures. I love to go en-fem to a salon and get the works. I'm an older woman so I love roller sets. Nothing is more girly than visiting with the other women while getting my hair combed out, styled, and sprayed. Of course who wouldn't like a mani/pedi or facial as well? Another pleasure is trying on dresses in a women's dress shop or thrift shop. Browsing in an antiques store is a lot of fun too. Who wants to go with me? Leanne

Julia_in_Pa
02-15-2012, 11:17 AM
Sometimes I do love to hike my boobs up in a push up bra and wear a low cut top out to run errands.
My boobs bounce like an astronaut walking on the moon. :D

Julia

Bree-asaurus
02-15-2012, 12:01 PM
I guess I'm not super feminine. I can't really think of any feminine guilty pleasures or anything of the sort that I let myself enjoy now that I didn't before... if I think of one I'll be sure to update :P

Melody Moore
02-15-2012, 12:47 PM
even if you're not full-time but identify on the TS side of the fence, what would you be least likely to give up should you cross over to the other side?

First of all Sara, let's just set things straight here. If you are transsexual, you never
"cross over to the other side". You are either transsexual or you are not. If you are
not living full-time or haven't been diagnosed with GID & undergoing transition then
you cannot claim to be transsexual because it has not been affirmed or confirmed in
anyway yet. Usually the first step affirmation for a TS in is legally changing your name.

There is one "feminine guilty pleasure" I have experienced that hasn't been pleasurable
at all because it has taken some getting use to because it also involves 'male privilege'.

If there are men around who insist on doing everything for me, then I start to feel guilty
& also useless. I know some of you might find great pleasure in this, but I have issues
with men who are acting this way because they think they are superior to women & where
they try to make me feel that I need their help. Sometimes guys might think that you owe
them something after they do something for you. But having said this, there are times when
I really would "enjoy" someone else's help because of my diminishing stamina & strength.

As a transsexual woman, I don't feel guilty & nor do I derive any pleasure from how I express
myself through the clothing I wear. Even if I put on a push-up bra with a low cut top where my
boobs start bouncing all over the moon. Because I am just another girl and this is what girls do
so why should I feel guilty? OK, this does help me to screen the guys who are more interested in
the real me, or if their interest is in "my girls", but it's not something I derive any pleasure with.

Retail therapy is about the only activity where I derive pleasure and sometimes feel a little guilty.
I like jewellery and having some 'bling' to wear with my outfits and while I buy only cheap "dress
jewellery", I feel a little guilty for doing so. I would feel even more guilty if I started buying really
expensive jewellery. I get into trouble with myself now if there is some item of jewellery that I
want that is going to cost more than $10 - usually the guilt wins out and it stays on the shelf.

Bree-asaurus
02-15-2012, 01:45 PM
Oh Melody's post reminded me of one pleasure I do take advantage of on occasion... letting men do the hard work for me :heehee: :D

I can make my bf carry the heavier things, etc. It's partially because he's just a tiddle-bit stronger than me now ;)

I have had random men offer to carry things for me but I haven't actually let them... yet :devil:

Melody Moore
02-15-2012, 03:31 PM
Bree, if I was in a relationship with a guy and he expects me to cook & clean for him well
damn it! he can get off his butt and help me too! But so far the guys from my most recent
experiences those who offered to help me haven't really been much of a help after all & I
ended up doing most of the physical work, including moving the most heaviest items all
on my own after he went home because he was too tired after just two car loads of stuff.

Noone I am still single hun, really good strong & reliable men really are hard to find. :whistling:

Traci Elizabeth
02-15-2012, 03:47 PM
Sometimes I do love to hike my boobs up in a push up bra and wear a low cut top out to run errands.

Julia

I do the EXACT same thing! LOL But it sure is fun!

Bree-asaurus
02-15-2012, 04:03 PM
Bree, if I was in a relationship with a guy and he expects me to cook & clean for him well
damn it! he can get off his butt and help me too! But so far the guys from my most recent
experiences those who offered to help me haven't really been much of a help after all & I
ended up doing most of the physical work, including moving the most heaviest items all
on my own after he went home because he was too tired after just two car loads of stuff.

Noone I am still single hun, really good strong & reliable men really are hard to find. :whistling:

I agree lol... if he expected me to do those things, he has another thing coming. But I actually like doing a lot of the traditional housewife roles.

Right now I do cook and clean and stuff, but that's because I don't work nearly as much as him... and I enjoy cooking and making sure he's eating well.

When I get a full-time job, he'll be doing the dishes after I cook dinner. He just doesn't know it yet ;)

Sara Jessica
02-20-2012, 09:23 AM

Julia

Just way too funny, thanks so much for the good laugh!!!

I guess I'm not super feminine...

Ummm, you may not be feelin' the feminine but seeing your avatar, you are looking the part beautifully.

First of all Sara, let's just set things straight here. If you are transsexual, you never "cross over to the other side". You are either transsexual or you are not. If you are not living full-time or haven't been diagnosed with GID & undergoing transition then you cannot claim to be transsexual because it has not been affirmed or confirmed in anyway yet. Usually the first step affirmation for a TS in is legally changing your name.

Really? Do we have to make a federal issue out of any use of descriptive terminology?

For the record, I thought I was pretty clear in talking about full-time versus non-full-time. By your own words, diagnosis of GID minus full time (still) equals TS. This is exactly what I was talking about.

As a transsexual woman, I don't feel guilty & nor do I derive any pleasure from how I express myself through the clothing I wear. Even if I put on a push-up bra with a low cut top where my boobs start bouncing all over the moon. Because I am just another girl and this is what girls do
so why should I feel guilty?

Guilty pleasure is simply an expression. For example, a person who is into some sort of heavy metal music may also have a soft spot for an artist such as Barbara Streisand and that might be their guilty pleasure. But a softer way to put it in order to avoid the stigma of "guilt" that is being read into this is to rephrase it as "life's simple pleasures".

For example...

Retail therapy is about the only activity where I derive pleasure and sometimes feel a little guilty. I like jewellery and having some 'bling' to wear with my outfits and while I buy only cheap "dress
jewellery", I feel a little guilty for doing so. I would feel even more guilty if I started buying really expensive jewellery. I get into trouble with myself now if there is some item of jewellery that I want that is going to cost more than $10 - usually the guilt wins out and it stays on the shelf.

Right on! Jewelry and bling can be a simple pleasure. Heck, even a guilty one at times, but a pleasure nonetheless. And one that I dare to say isn't part of the "deep" vernacular that is prevalent in the TS section of these pages.

From my own POV, I am a style fanatic. Whether I'm wearing jeans & a top or dressed up to the nines or anywhere in between, I enjoy putting looks together, simple as that. And this is something that wouldn't change were I to go full time.

Kaitlyn Michele
02-20-2012, 09:35 AM

Julia

Unfortunately at 6'2", i might kill someone looking up at them as they bounced around..

my "guilty" pleasures are more around the fact that i still like video games, horror movies and guinness stout...

I cry at chick flicks, but that's because i'm bored to tears!!

One thing i did that i felt kind of unsure of is shopping for dresses at Macy's just because i felt like it... even though i knew i would probably never have a chance to wear them... i tried on a bunch...i was amazed my body has really changed over the years, and i looked great in them, and bought one that sits in my closet...but it all felt kind of similar to my days when i crossdressed... i mentioned this to a gg friend and she said...omg, that sounds like fun!...so that made me feel better..

ArleneRaquel
02-20-2012, 09:39 AM
All of my pleasures are guilty.:) Especially when I'm enfemme. :o

Sara Jessica
02-20-2012, 09:44 AM
One thing i did that i felt kind of unsure of is shopping for dresses at Macy's just because i felt like it... even though i knew i would probably never have a chance to wear them... i tried on a bunch...i was amazed my body has really changed over the years, and i looked great in them, and bought one that sits in my closet...but it all felt kind of similar to my days when i crossdressed... i mentioned this to a gg friend and she said...omg, that sounds like fun!...so that made me feel better..

That totally counts, dress shopping for the heck of it.

It surprises me how often I give this advice to women...that the worst time to go shopping for that perfect dress is when you actually HAVE to have it. Shopping right before an event is the worst approach on so many levels. If you aren't finding something you love, the pressure mounts, and then you often end up paying full price. My advice is to keep an eye on the clearance racks, at Macy's for example, and even if you buy something that sits for a while, chances are you didn't pay so much for it so it's not the end of the world. But you will always know that when an event comes up, you have that perfect (insert style, LBD, cocktail, day-into-evening, etc) dress waiting for you in the closet.

kellycan27
02-21-2012, 09:27 PM
A day at the spa being pampered, fed, massaged, facial, manicure, pedicure, sauna... the works!

Inna
02-21-2012, 10:14 PM
Not going to be one of the funny sort but nevertheless, feels extremely pleasurable and somewhat still guilty.

Becoming a woman, despite feeling guilt of walking away from being a father to a beautiful child, letting the image of beloved man disappear into a distance of time, forcing this young brave soul to commit his most precious rock to a faint memory.

I think of this often, and, shed a tear once in a while for what must be done.....but it must be done! I find consolation in the fact of transition and solace in embrace of truth, however painful and real. I am becoming a woman and with every cell, entire essence, I feel the peace and wholeness being ME, a guilty pleasure like no other!

MandySarahR
02-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Soft sheer nightgown with lace trimmings and a matching robe!

Chickhe
02-22-2012, 12:02 AM
I don't know if I can get the words to describe it... but when someone says hallo ladies or smiles at you in this certain way that tells you they are happy to see the female in front of their eyes I feel pleasure in knowing I look good enough to make someone happy and yet a built guilty knowing much of it is an illusion. If I were a full timer, I think it would be just taking pleasure in looking good and not feeling guilty to spend time pampering myself.

Michelle.M
02-22-2012, 06:55 AM

OMG, I just laughed so hard that I sprayed a mouthful of coffee onto my computer!

Kathryn Martin
02-22-2012, 07:06 AM
Oh yes, I love doing that. It is more fueled from delight than anything else and I always think of the famous quote: They're called boobs, Ed".

I also like to wear low cut tops sometimes just to confuse my opponents *S*.

I love reading romance novels some of the time. And I love having men do the heavy lifting for me, really, because I can't anymore.

Julia

Jorja
02-22-2012, 08:02 AM
I like to tease the neigbor guys during the summer months. Seeing as how I live in the country, I get dressed in a pair of short shorts and a halter top. I then go out by the road where I have flower gardens planted at the entrance to my driveway and weed them and make them look nice. It isn't five minutes before one of them stops by to see what I am up to. I then play the little flirt. They always seem to know when it is time to weed the garden.

One night at a get together the wives of these guys and I were talking. They said they always know when I am out working with my flowers. How is that I asked? He comes home all exctied and horny. Glad I could help I said. We all laughed.

SuzanneBender
02-22-2012, 08:42 PM

Julia

OMG LOL ROTF and all of the other acronyms that I don't know for giggling uncontrollably. The side effect of that guilty pleasure is getting the men to do all of the work for you.

Mine currently are spa trips. Nothing spoils me more than a massage and a facial. Ohhh its heaven.

Ohhh and Sara you know my other one. Raiding the sale racks in the shoe department in Macy's. Nothing more fun than retail therapy.