PDA

View Full Version : My dog freaked out!

goodnhose
02-14-2012, 09:05 AM
Has anyone ever had their house pet freak out on them when dressed. I have a relatively new dog in the house and the first time it saw me dressed it growled / barked then ran under the table not knowing who I was. Just made me remember how smart and aware animals can be. Any similar experiences?:battingeyelashes:

Jacqueline Winona
02-14-2012, 09:23 AM
Too funny! My dog knows me too well, my cat on the other hand is skittish of anyone she doesn't know, so I've had similar experiences with her.

Jenny Doolittle
02-14-2012, 09:34 AM
Pets are great. They are love yea regardless of how yea look.

Monique L
02-14-2012, 09:36 AM
My dog doesn't care how I'm dressed as long as he gets fed.

larry
02-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Kinda like people. Some get all in a tither about it--Some could care less.. hehehe

Sally24
02-14-2012, 10:14 AM
The last 2 dogs we have had did the same thing. Came out of my room after getting ready to go "Out". They saw this new chick in the house and barked and hid behind my wife. Took them a couple of times to get used to it. Ultimately they both ended up preferring me as Sally (women's dogs).

StaceyJane
02-14-2012, 10:38 AM
My dogs have been very accepting.

Cheryl T
02-14-2012, 11:13 AM
Never happened to me...my cats could care less who is there so long as they get fed.

Karren H
02-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Both our Dalmation and our cat seemed to like me more enfeme than not... Maybe it was the tuna fish perfume?

RADER
02-14-2012, 11:17 AM
My Cat likes when I wear a dress or skirt. He jumps up on my lap and snuggles
between my legs on the dress. He won't do it when I wear pants, or jeans.
He must have gone to school with Karren. LOL
Rader

~Joanne~
02-14-2012, 11:46 AM
My Dog did it once when I first started but it didn't last long when I spoke to him :) When i had a cat, she would like to run my hose. lol

Alice Torn
02-14-2012, 11:52 AM
Karren, i wonder what your dog and cat would do, if you were in womens jeans! I house sitted for a friend, who had two dogs that loved me, but, when i came out of the bedroom, all dolled up, the big Mastiff went crazy, ran off and hid. The little dog was startled a little too, but not for long. My cats could not care less.

Karren H
02-14-2012, 12:07 PM
Karren, i wonder what your dog and cat would do, if you were in womens jeans! .

Probably make a big "mess". Which works out good because I can just use the jeans to clean it up and dispose of then in the garbage!

Alice Torn
02-14-2012, 12:19 PM
Karren, HA HA HA HA HA HA. LOL! Poor jeans!

Dawn cd
02-14-2012, 12:45 PM
Most likely your dog wasn't reacting to your clothes as much as your scent. It may have been the scent you wore or the residue of scent on your clothes. If you had a human hair wig, that might have trigged a reaction as well.

Jilmac
02-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Both my cats are used to seeing me in either guy or girl mode, so it really doesn't make any difference to then how I'm dressed. My biggest problem is keeping them off my lap when I'm wearing something pretty because I don't want to end up with cat hair all over me.

drag n fly
02-14-2012, 01:32 PM
I notice my little Molly(half shih tzu/half beagle), ten years old now, looks at me oddly when I change into a nightie ...But she figures it out quick enough...Jackie

jaglover
02-14-2012, 01:51 PM
Both of our siamese cats have a 'don't ask, don't tell' thing going - rather like my wife. When I'm dressed, they act like nothing is different but they prefer not to talk about it - although occasionally the older one may give me a "I suppose you realise that dress is absolutely doing nothing for you?" look as she strolls past with another vole in her mouth. In general I'd say their opinion of me is about the same when I'm dressed as it is at any other time i.e. pitifully low. If they could point and laugh without looking undignified, they'd do it.

I have also carried out controlled experiments involving opening their food sachets while wearing a variety of different clothes and have found no repeatable correlation between my appearance and their favourite flavours. As long as I get it in the bowl without making a fuss and then go away, they don't care what I look like.

sonna
02-14-2012, 03:03 PM
my cats seems to like me more when i am enfem.
i love my dogs there too sweet but there completley
retarded to they bark at anything thay moves including me
enfem or in drab.

RADER
02-14-2012, 03:15 PM
I can just use the jeans to clean it up !

Now here we go again; Karren stating that she has jeans for clean up duty.
O' Karren, What are you wearing now???? P J Jeans????
Rader

S. Lisa Smith
02-14-2012, 03:25 PM
The basenjis don't really care, although my male would like to eat the animal that is sitting on my head :)

DonnaT
02-14-2012, 03:47 PM
My previous dog did, but calmed when I spoke.

Haven't dress with wig and makeup in front of the current dog. She'd probably be right beside me when I dressed anyway, so would see the total transformation and not freak. If I surprised her? Probably.

suchacutie
02-14-2012, 04:03 PM
Dogs are very peceptive. Our dog is rather old and completely bonded to my wife and daughter...She knows that I'm not (as a male) a dog person. She really leaves me alone, except for getting close enough to know that I'm still a guy.

But....

Tina has two perfumes of her own. The first few times I transformed to Tina the dog seemed a bit confused, especially since Tina really is more interested in the dog. So, it didn't take her long to associate my new scent with my new gender. Now, as soon as I'm transformed to Tina she comes looking for me, wagging her tail! As far as the dog is concerned, Tina is the newest female in the house!

Genifer Teal
02-14-2012, 06:43 PM
did you wear perfume? I would think a dog would know right away by your scent that it was still you. perfume might confuse them.

AlysonCD
02-14-2012, 06:52 PM
Have one dog that goes nuts when she sees me dressed. Almost have to have her kept outside or in a cage she gets that bad. The others don't care one bit...

Nikki A.
02-14-2012, 06:53 PM
My dogs look at me funny, maybe they're rating my outfit and make up. maybe like Gen said he perfume or makeup smell might throw them off.

Allisa
02-14-2012, 07:03 PM
My two Pugs just give me head turns when I try my femme voice on them,but otherwise a couple of sniffs and back to lounging around waiting to eat again.

Lori B
02-14-2012, 07:42 PM
lol,,,they know! My dog won`t look at me and goes and lays on the couch with his back turned!:heehee:

Diane Smith
02-14-2012, 09:50 PM
I don't know whether it's because he's very smart or very dumb, but my dog never seems to notice when I change looks. He treats me exactly the same both ways.

- Diane

Teri Ray
02-14-2012, 10:05 PM
I have Labs and Jack Russell terriers neither cares when I dress. I am me no matter how I am dressed.

水仙雪[Suisen Yuki]
02-14-2012, 10:08 PM
My turtle seems indifferent as long as I smell the same and come bearing worms. (She eats earthworms and fruit out of my hand if I sit still enough. She's shy like me and a good listener.)

StephanieDragg
02-14-2012, 10:12 PM
I had a wonderful mutt for 16 yrs she was the same no matter what mode I was in

Michelle_CD
02-15-2012, 01:26 AM
I just went through this the other night. I don't have dogs but my brother does. He was out of town over the weekend and asked me to walk them. Now whenever I go over there they are all over me, wanting belly rubs and to play. Friday night I got dressed up to go to the Tri-ess meeting but felt like I looked aweful so I decided to skip it. But since I went through all the trouble to get dressed I figured I would go walk the dogs. When I got there they were all over me just like always even though I had a wig on. I don't think they cared one way or another as to how I was dressed as long as they were going for a walk.

Julogden
02-15-2012, 01:42 AM
Back when I was high school age and had just begun doing makeup and had access to a wig, I got all done up one day when I was left home alone for the day, and when my dog wandered in, he started growling. I yelled at him and he realized his error, immediately came over and acted very submissive, never had him do that again.

Carol

WifeofWrenchette
02-15-2012, 02:26 AM
Has anyone ever had their house pet freak out on them when dressed. I have a relatively new dog in the house and the first time it saw me dressed it growled / barked then ran under the table not knowing who I was. Just made me remember how smart and aware animals can be. Any similar experiences?:battingeyelashes:Yes! Our dog loves my SO to death, but when he's dressed the dog growled and barked something fierce. It took about a year for the dog to calm down and accept it. Now he just wags his tail.

Genifer Teal
02-15-2012, 06:10 AM
Friday night I got dressed up to go to the Tri-ess meeting but felt like I looked aweful so I decided to skip it.

I understand the pressure to look your best infront of your peers. However, of alll places, any kind of support group will accept you no matter how you look. I'm sure a few girls that go have a less than perfect appearance. Hope you weren't just chickening out.

Vickie_CDTV
02-15-2012, 06:24 AM
When I was young I remember dressing up at the folks' home, wig, breastforms and all. Their dog walked down the hall and saw me, and tilted his head with a puzzled expression on his face (right out a Tom and Jerry cartoon) when he saw me. He kept his puzzled expression on his face and slowly backed up away from me until he was in another room. Even using my male voice to talk to him he was totally puzzled and nervous.

Michelle_CD, you should go to the group meeting, just dress as best as you can and go. There will be folks with varying degrees of passability, and those who do look great were at the point you are at now when they started out. Some of the girls at the group meeting might even be willing to help you with your appearance. If you absolutely cannot go dressed, go en drab (as long as the group is ok with it, I know of a few have rules against it unfortunately) and make those contacts with others.

水仙雪[Suisen Yuki]
02-15-2012, 12:17 PM
I just went through this the other night. I don't have dogs but my brother does. He was out of town over the weekend and asked me to walk them. Now whenever I go over there they are all over me, wanting belly rubs and to play. Friday night I got dressed up to go to the Tri-ess meeting but felt like I looked aweful so I decided to skip it. But since I went through all the trouble to get dressed I figured I would go walk the dogs. When I got there they were all over me just like always even though I had a wig on. I don't think they cared one way or another as to how I was dressed as long as they were going for a walk.

I look pretty horrid myself... but I still found the courage to get the mail in a skirt. It was 3 Am, so I don't think anyone saw me...

DCChris
02-15-2012, 02:35 PM
My dogs sit there and STARE at me while dressing, putting on make up and all, which is creepy when they do that, then occasionally growl when I walk around the house -- too funny.

andrea35
02-15-2012, 03:18 PM
my dog kept looking at my breasts!

Sarahwithanh11
02-15-2012, 03:40 PM
My cat does not like it when I'm dressed. I'm sure it's the wig. He kind of stares, like "what is that THING on your head???"

Tara Bordeaux
02-15-2012, 04:32 PM
My cat sometimes gives me a double-take, but as soon as I talk to her and pet her, she's OK with it, and loves me just the same.
Wish more people were like that, LOL.

水仙雪[Suisen Yuki]
02-16-2012, 03:23 AM
My cat sometimes gives me a double-take, but as soon as I talk to her and pet her, she's OK with it, and loves me just the same.
Wish more people were like that, LOL.

Me too... life would be so much better if people would accept each other rather than start rumors, shun, or deride one another.

Mollyanne
02-16-2012, 06:02 AM
When my dog (11 lb. Yorkie) saw me come out of my bedroom fully dressed he just looked and shook his head form side to side. I think he was telling me something.

Mollyanne

Beverley Sims
02-16-2012, 06:43 AM
Poultry aren't very intelligent.
When I feed them normally they are ok with it.
Feed them en femme and there is a fluttering frenzy.
Still working on that one.
I can feed the pigeons in HK and they don't care.
Ever tried to get a pigeon out of your wig without taking it off?:)

AndreaCD1963
02-16-2012, 02:23 PM
My dog doesn't seem to care, as long as he gets attention and food!

Shananigans
02-16-2012, 06:15 PM
My two Pugs just give me head turns when I try my femme voice on them,but otherwise a couple of sniffs and back to lounging around waiting to eat again.

Omg! I have two pugs too! They're brothers (Darwin and Newton).

The pugs still recognize my SO, and don't really react. However, I have a male Moluccan cockatoo that had 4 previous homes prior to me adopting him. He absolutely HATES men, and hates anyone/anything that gets my attention. (We have done everything to change him, but he is just kind of an ass sometimes). Anyway, he would just about do anything to bite Ryan (my SO). However, when my SO is dressed, my bird is still Extremely suspicious...but, he will allow my SO to pet him. My SO says it's a great excuse to dress more lol

I don't think they will ever be best friends or anything, but it's a start. My bird may not be crazy about my female friends, but he won't bite them.

Janet77
02-16-2012, 10:50 PM
This is why I don't have a dog....Cats couldn't care less how you dress!

countrygirl
02-17-2012, 12:45 AM
My dogs have no issues when Amanda is around.

Michelle_CD
02-17-2012, 12:58 AM
Genifer and Vicki you are right I should have gone. I was a little rushed trying to get ready and was already a half hour late by the time I finished my makeup. I don't get out much and this was my opportunity so at least I did make the most of it by going to walk the dogs. I'll try again next month.

GeminaRenee
02-17-2012, 01:58 PM
I guess that means you're passable! (:

Fallen Angel
03-04-2012, 03:28 PM
I just adopted two orentil cats and I was getting dressed and they seemed pretty relaxed till I put on a wig O.M.G did there hair raise and eyes get big I thought they where going to do the large marge parge look they calmed down after I spoke to them.

Glenda58
03-04-2012, 04:03 PM
My dog just looks at me know big deal to her. Then one night I was out late and came home and let her out. She was OK when she went out but when I had to get her she was front of the house as I walked down the driveway in my heels. She starts to bark and growl at me till I got her to see it was me.