PDA

View Full Version : Girls night out

steffie39
10-30-2005, 09:25 PM
Hey girls,

Last night some girls in one of our groups went out dressed to dinner first then a movie. I had a great time. There were a few people who snickered here and there (as there will probably always be) but being around the other girls helps me to keep my chin up and enjoy it more. The ones who did were mostly teenagers at the theatre but one of the girls pointed out that since we were seeing an intellectual type movie, we wouldn't have to worry about them coming into the same theatre as us. lol

When we were at the restaurant, every time I started to feel a twinge of self-consciousness, I turned around and looked into the mirror behind our table. When I did I felt pretty good. It just "felt right." I think when I go out, I should try and be around mirrors. lol Seriously I should use this as my code phrase everytime self-conscious feelings creep into my consciousness. Still I had a great time and can't wait until the next girls night out. The thrill of it certainly outweighs any bad that is encountered. As one of the girls remarked, if they snicker, it's their problem, not ours!

I finally got to wear my ladies fur coat I bought a few weeks ago as it was cold enough for it. I tried to copy a pic of me taken with my new digital camera. Anyway, take care.

Steffie

andreaboots
10-30-2005, 09:34 PM
Way to go Steffi!!:thumbup: That took a lot of guts!!! If I can pass or be considered passable I will like to go out with other of my girlfriends. Sounds like you had a blast!! Do it again love!!!! I envy you at this point. We'll see soon!:wink:

Laurie Ann
10-30-2005, 10:14 PM
I have been out on several occasions and the only comments came from teenage girls other people looked but said nothing but the teenage girls said some things which were cruel. Granted I am not passable but I dress for my enjoyment and pleasure so they will not stop me but it still can be quite cutting.

KatieZ
10-30-2005, 10:16 PM
The next time, if you get some teenagers snickering you should all just point back and laugh at them. That should give them something to be self concious about.

Glad you had a nice time otherwise. Sounds like a lot of fun.

Hugs