PDA

View Full Version : What on earth possessed me???

AndreaCD1963
02-14-2012, 07:53 PM
Over the course of the last half of 2011, I was working sporadically with a young lady at work. We hit it off quite well, and had some fun chats over that time. We use a corporate version of messenger within the office. I had a sense that she was one of the "cool" people, and I dropped some hints along the way about Andrea. Even went so far as to tell her about a "halloween" costume I once wore :heehee:

I haven't interacted with her much so far in 2012, but today we had to work together on a task so we were chatting back and forth again via messenger. After a while, I got a sense that I could trust her - so I emailed her a picture of my last pedicure!

She was totally fine with it, started asking me questions (the first was who did the nail art because she loved it), and before long I had let the cat out of the bag!! She asked a bunch of questions, which I did my best to answer honestly.

I'm usually very careful and private in the workplace - so I don't really know what on earth possessed me to out myself!! But, she was cool with it, and we both ended up staying late and continuing to chat, long after we had finished the task we were working on. She even suggested we should go shopping sometime - and she asked if I would show her some pictures of the "real me", and not just my pretty toes :) I did tell her I wouldn't email them at work, but we could go for coffee sometime and I'd show her a few.

Hopefully tomorrow, she'll still think it's all good :)

Helen Grandeis
02-14-2012, 08:05 PM
Good luck! I would certainly limit future discussions to face to face and away from work. Its nice to have a friend to talk to.

Theresa_W
02-14-2012, 08:25 PM
Good Luck! Just be careful! ;) But more importantly..... lets see the pedi-cure!!!! LOL

Huggs,

Terri

Barbara Ella
02-14-2012, 08:30 PM
Do you know if these files you create on your messenger are stored for a specific time, and where they are, and who has access, and does someone check them to monitor office work.

BE CAREFUL

Babes

docrobbysherry
02-14-2012, 08:33 PM
What ever u do, Andrea, do NOT do ANYTHING that may piss off your friend!

AndreaCD1963
02-15-2012, 09:01 AM
Thanks everyone. Yes, it's nice to have a new friend to share things with and talk to.

Terri - if I could figure out how to upload photos from my IPad to the forum, I would certainly share the pedicure picture :-). If anyone here knows how ... Otherwise I will have to wait until I'm at a personal laptop (can't access this forum from work, and I don't keep anything personal on my work laptop)

Sherry - good advice, and something that probably applies in all areas of our lives when it comes to telling about this side of us.

AndreaCD1963
02-15-2012, 06:10 PM
Good Luck! Just be careful! ;) But more importantly..... lets see the pedi-cure!!!! LOL

Huggs,

Terri

Terri - since you asked, here is the pedicure picture :)

Karren H
02-15-2012, 06:19 PM
I love office communicator but my assistant has it programmed to tell him when I'm at my pc? Lol. It is tied to email and the phone system too!! So do be careful! "They" are watching!

vikki2020
02-15-2012, 06:36 PM
Not an accident that you told her, and, good for you! I think you are just moving forward, and that's a good direction!!